Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 19, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

It was Presidents Day recently and a lot of Americans take long weekends
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Last September we got to animal kingdom for 8am,they let us in at 8.25 and we had done and was off flight of passage for 9.05,no queue we just walked straight on the ride,the queue was huge when we got off though!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by TIMBUCK2 View Post
It's beyond a joke tbh, when are Disney going to sort this out ?

A 4.5hr wait on an allegedly quiet day at a quiet time of the year is ridiculous and it's not the first time in the past few days/weeks that the wait has been 4-5hrs.

We're going in late May and are staying offsite so we've got no chance of getting a FP for FOP in the 30 day window, so our only hope is to get there ridiculously early and hope to get near the front of the queue for rope drop. And then join another queue for an hour or so! Getting up at 5:30am on a holiday is not my idea of fun & I can't imagine the family entertaining the idea either.

I'm dreading the look on my son's face when I'll more than likely have to tell him that FOP is out of bounds.

Someone please tell me I'm over-reacting and there's still a glimmer of hope !
We stayed off site last year and in 2017 both in October.
I managed to get 2 lots of fast passes in 2017 about 10 days before we went and then last year I got some about a week before so it is possible
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We are here now and rode fop twice. It really is something else. That being said I wouldnt queue that amount of time for anything!
We were there for opening (just) last week. I walked round with my son in his wheelchair and the queue was 45mins. We got a return time for 35mins later. After we rode the queue was up to 165mins. This was by 10am. Crazy. It means spending Most of your day in a queue! Can you imagine only doing 2 rides all day lol
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Merryweather View Post
It was Presidents Day recently and a lot of Americans take long weekends
It wad this weekend. Orlando has been heaving. We ended up doing busch gardens on sunday and blizzard beach on monday to avoid the crowds
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It shouldn't be slow loading as they have a few holding rooms and areas from memory so that is all part of the ride
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TIMBUCK2 View Post
It's beyond a joke tbh, when are Disney going to sort this out ?

A 4.5hr wait on an allegedly quiet day at a quiet time of the year is ridiculous and it's not the first time in the past few days/weeks that the wait has been 4-5hrs.

We're going in late May and are staying offsite so we've got no chance of getting a FP for FOP in the 30 day window, so our only hope is to get there ridiculously early and hope to get near the front of the queue for rope drop. And then join another queue for an hour or so! Getting up at 5:30am on a holiday is not my idea of fun & I can't imagine the family entertaining the idea either.

I'm dreading the look on my son's face when I'll more than likely have to tell him that FOP is out of bounds.

Someone please tell me I'm over-reacting and there's still a glimmer of hope !
We went December 2018 and I eventually managed to get FPs for a party of 5 about 2 weeks before we flew out!

It seemed COMPLETELY impossible and I felt really disappointed just like you, but I just had to get into the routine of checking the app 2 or 3 times a day.
Eventually one evening they suddenly had FPs available every night from 4pm for about 5 days in a row! So don't give up hope and just make sure to keep checking when your booking window opens up
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We just returned on Sunday & were really surprised by how busy It was in Disney. A lot of Americans told us that they were escaping the Northern weather & a lot of kids gleefully told us their schools had been closed for weeks so “we’re not missing any school work”. Lol
On 31/1 the Mine Train queue was around 150mins for most of the day. FOP was horrendous on 30/1. Luckily we had a fastpass. (Thx to throwaway booking). Queues were hours long all day. The ride went down several times as well. Imagine queuing for hours (or paying for a throwaway) & not getting on it!
Universal wasnt too bad until last Friday when I guess the President Days crowd must have arrived. When we left the Gringotts ride at 8.45am, the queue stretched almost to the Knight Bus! I have never seen it like that before. The previous day, we got the 1st train from London at 9am & there were only 3 of us on it. Such a difference!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsie
Imagineer

The words I've read most over the past fortnight:

"Unavailable experiences: Avatar Flight of Passage"

I've given up all hope of getting a FP for this ride and I'm not queuing for hours!

Feb 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive / Sep 2003 - Westridge Villa on US27 / Feb 2005 - Westridge Villa on US27 / Aug 2007 - Indian Creek Villa / Aug 2015 - Indian Creek Villa / Mar 2019 - Red Lion Maingate
Elsie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

OP

no need to getup at 0530 (not sure where you are staying but cant be that far away)

this was august 2017 not that long after it opened

arrived at 0730-0745, allowed into park and held at bridge into pandora till @0815 when the bridge was opened and we were slowly walked round past the entrance , towards africa then snaked back round to joing the actual 'queue'.. all this time the Q was moving along. into the actual ride entrance and all the way to the pre show & onto the ride

we were off by 09:30, so a little over an hour of actual Qing for the ride

also got on again at night when rivers of light was on was posted as 90 mins but in reality @60 mins

worth doing imo...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List