Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Mar 19, 03:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We’ve done it when the kids wanted to ride again but we just wanted to sit down we didn’t charge them though
I would
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post

I will be there two weeks after the opening, not especially pleased about that but I would have preferred the FP system to be in place. Without FP it is 50:50 whether we will bypass it altogether, but we definitely will not be joining any queue.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I will be there two weeks after the opening, not especially pleased about that but I would have preferred the FP system to be in place. Without FP it is 50:50 whether we will bypass it altogether, but we definitely will not be joining any queue.
Yeah I'm the same (16th) and thinking probably bypass the ride but try and get a look around the area and some food.
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I give my Granddaughter my Magic Band so she can go on Dumbo twice.
yeah, DD16 and I are people mover fans - so we book our family 4 FP for Space Mountain so DD18 and DH can ride twice whilst we sit and enjoy the view at an altogether gentler pace, no FP+ required...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It would be disgraceful but for example I manage to grab one and it's on my MDE account.

I meet you in the Park and you hand me $100 and I hand you my Magic Band. You go on the ride and I wait for you to exit the ride and give me my Band back.

Nothing surprises me anymore regarding the lengths people will go to in order to get a jump on others.
Let's not forget the 'rent a disabled person' scam
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Some travel agents can make them on your behalf and there’s been known cases of them selling them on but as Tom says, money talks and magic bands are easily passed on so why not for cash?
Wow, the possibility of that had never even occured to me!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

There are numerous existing rides that are hard to get FP for and therefore could be sold on, but they still have FPs. I am not convinced this is a rational for no FPs for a few months, these rides will be popular and hard to get for years.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

FP+ will probably be implemented when RotR opens or shortly afterwards I reckon.
It will help with getting SD ones when it does though..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Although no FP there is talk that access will be restricted to certain hotel guests. Certainly for Disneyland you need to make a reservation from opening until June 23rd.
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

When it says limited capacity do we know how many they will be letting in? I'm pretty sure I read it was going to be open for EMH so does that mean that if you are there for EMH you are likely to get in?
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
There are numerous existing rides that are hard to get FP for and therefore could be sold on, but they still have FPs. I am not convinced this is a rational for no FPs for a few months, these rides will be popular and hard to get for years.
The queue will move quicker . No fastpass at the parties proves this as there is just one queue to manage , and it’s fair as you have to be in the park , which is how it should be imo. So many people waste fastpass.
Disney know the land will fill from emh so it will then have a knock on effect of people wanting to stay in their hotels ( exactly the same as universal ) so they get access. If you want to ride it then queue you must ( yoda there ) .
People queue already for hrs for slinky and Pandora just to ride them but I do think the queues wouldn’t be so horrendous if fp didn’t exist .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List