Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Mar 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
The queue will move quicker . No fastpass at the parties proves this as there is just one queue to manage , and it’s fair as you have to be in the park , which is how it should be imo. So many people waste fastpass.
Disney know the land will fill from emh so it will then have a knock on effect of people wanting to stay in their hotels ( exactly the same as universal ) so they get access. If you want to ride it then queue you must ( yoda there ) .
People queue already for hrs for slinky and Pandora just to ride them but I do think the queues wouldn’t be so horrendous if fp didn’t exist .
I will never be convinced that I will be better off without a FP, even if nobody else has a FP either. Queues quicker at parties as less people in the park and not as much demand for rides.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I will never be convinced that I will be better off without a FP, even if nobody else has a FP either. Queues quicker at parties as less people in the park and not as much demand for rides.
Take a road for example , one lane of traffic constantly moving , add in a feeder lane and it slows the whole process down .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It's complicated really.

Say if you rode 3 FP rides and 6 non-fp rides in a full opening to close day at the park. 3 FP rides saved you on average 20 minutes per ride, so one hour of queue time overall.

Now, if you rode 9 rides without FP in place at all, those rides would only have to save a little under 10 mins each to mean that a non-FP park would be a better proposition wait time wise.

That being said, there are of course other things to consider, such as the fact that FP gives people reassurance they are getting certain rides, and people probably notice 3 quite shorter lines more than they would 9 slightly shorter lines. Leaving aside weather, guest mentality, ride efficiency... it gets really complicated real fast.

Personally I preferred the ticket system but I'm aware that couldn't fly in todays parks, unfortunately.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Take a road for example , one lane of traffic constantly moving , add in a feeder lane and it slows the whole process down .
That’s not really a fair comparison. When the Gringotts ride opened (and express wasn’t allowed be used) the queue was often 4 hours plus for weeks and weeks

There are people who simply can’t queue that long. So without fastpass, they can’t experience that attraction (at that time)

I believe fastpass plus is the best thing to ever happen theme parks
Old 8 Mar 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Call me cynical but I'm not convinced the reason for no FP won't be because Disney want to introduce a paid for service for priority, and call it something other than a FP!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

If nothing else, no FPs levels the playing field for a period of time.

This will be the mother of all rope drops. I can't even imagine the scene. I am surprised there aren't hard core Star Wars junkies already setting up camp outside the Disneyland gates like its an Apple store.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 3family View Post
That’s not really a fair comparison. When the Gringotts ride opened (and express wasn’t allowed be used) the queue was often 4 hours plus for weeks and weeks

There are people who simply can’t queue that long. So without fastpass, they can’t experience that attraction (at that time)

I believe fastpass plus is the best thing to ever happen theme parks
It’s a perfect comparison . reason why they people can’t for medical reasons are completely seperate and theme parks have these things in place already. Not wanting to queue is again a separate issue and personal choice . Some people would happily queue for days to get something they passionately want , some won’t wait 30 minutes and expect it to be available to them on their terms.
I’m sure the dynamics of fastpass would change dramatically if you were forced to pay as in Disneyland and universal fir the majority .
I also think fastpass is wring simply because someone who is in that park and made the effort to go there will miss out from selfish people who take fastpass and don’t bother attending , and many do get wasted or are grossly oversubscribed. The system is flawed .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I also think fastpass is wring simply because someone who is in that park and made the effort to go there will miss out from selfish people who take fastpass and don’t bother attending , and many do get wasted or are grossly oversubscribed. The system is flawed .
Huh? You can’t be delayed by people who don’t turn up? If they don’t enter the queue then the standard queue is quicker.
Old 8 Mar 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I reckon it stops people selling them and makes it fair as you have to be there, good move by Disney .
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I meet you in the Park and you hand me $100 and I hand you my Magic Band. You go on the ride and I wait for you to exit the ride and give me my Band back.
But that still means that both the seller and the buyer have to be there and have to have entered the park.

Still, as you say, I wouldn't put it past some people to try to sell their fastpasses (if/when the Star Wars rides get fastpasses).

Of course, if people aren't there and don't use their fastpass then it means that both the regular queue and fastpass queue moves a little quicker.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m wondering what arrangements Disney will make for those guests with a DAS card who aren’t able to wait in long lines?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List