Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Mar 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
but also those doing dummy bookings for the 60 day FP.
I thought they had removed this option so if you didn't turn up to your booking your FPs were cancelled or has this not come into effect yet?
Old 12 Mar 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

When I originally booked I thought it was going to be open ready for the Summer, shortly after I booked they announced fall 2019 and I was gutted - no so now. The other day they announced the opening date earlier than I anticipated but still 4 days after we leave, if we are extremely lucky and in the right place at the right time there is a slim possibility that we might get an early look in but not holding my breath on that one. I have come to realise that crowds maybe a bit lighter everywhere else with everyone waiting those few days before arriving on their break. Although a massive SW fan I am happy to wait another three years for our next trip and things may have quietened down by then.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

Any reason why they couldn't open HS 24x7?
Fra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I thought they had removed this option so if you didn't turn up to your booking your FPs were cancelled or has this not come into effect yet?
Yes, it’s already happening along with the closure of the 60day rolling fastpasses.
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I dont understand why people think it will only affect HS.
Because historically whenever Disney or Universal have opened a new land, it's only affected the crowd levels in that park, not at the others. When Universal opened Hogsmeade in IOA, IOA was mobbed but US wasn't.

For example, let's say that currently 40,000 people visit each of the 4 Disney parks each day. Total number of guests per day is 160K. When GE opens, the total number of guests increases to 200K - a huge 25% increase. Of those, 80,000 will visit HS because that's where Star Wars is - and all these extra people want to see the new land - whilst the other parks will still have around 40,000 guests per day. All 200K people will visit all of the parks during their stay - but the focus will be on the new land so that's where the numbers will significantly increase.

Having said that, I do expect additional crowds at the other parks, but nothing like those at HS. It will be busier at WDW in general. However, the other parks will be quieter than HS - that's almost guaranteed.

Also remember that the Disney resorts are apparently usually around 90% full (so everyone keeps saying). So onsite guests can increase by 10% but no more. When people say they are selling out, they don't mean that there's now twice as many onsite guests as before.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Because historically whenever Disney or Universal have opened a new land, it's only affected the crowd levels in that park, not at the others. When Universal opened Hogsmeade in IOA, IOA was mobbed but US wasn't.

For example, let's say that currently 40,000 people visit each of the 4 Disney parks each day. Total number of guests per day is 160K. When GE opens, the total number of guests increases to 200K - a huge 25% increase. Of those, 80,000 will visit HS because that's where Star Wars is - and all these extra people want to see the new land - whilst the other parks will still have around 40,000 guests per day. All 200K people will visit all of the parks during their stay - but the focus will be on the new land so that's where the numbers will significantly increase.

Having said that, I do expect additional crowds at the other parks, but nothing like those at HS. It will be busier at WDW in general. However, the other parks will be quieter than HS - that's almost guaranteed.

Also remember that the Disney resorts are apparently usually around 90% full (so everyone keeps saying). So onsite guests can increase by 10% but no more. When people say they are selling out, they don't mean that there's now twice as many onsite guests as before.
I agree,I also think alot of americans unlike people from the uk only book a hotel for a few nights not 2 weeks and are likely to spend all their time in Hollywood studios and wont bother visiting any other park,its gonna take a full day just to get on Smugglers run then another day to get around Galaxy’s edge!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Well I watched the dis-unplugged video/podcast update last night & I'm secretly hoping that their predictions are right. They are actually of a mind that Disney's strategy may backfire in that , the diehard SW fans will go but there will be equally a lot of "normal" Disney guests that will wait for Rise & the rest of the park to be open. Their take on the lack of info is due to the WDW opening being very much off the cuff as summer bookings were down & by opening early they will have about a month's worth of extra revenue before the end of their fiscal year.
With the additional amount of rumours about crowd levels etc, it will hopefully put people off, if we were still planning then personally we'd give Disney a total miss.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Well I watched the dis-unplugged video/podcast update last night & I'm secretly hoping that their predictions are right. They are actually of a mind that Disney's strategy may backfire in that , the diehard SW fans will go but there will be equally a lot of "normal" Disney guests that will wait for Rise & the rest of the park to be open. Their take on the lack of info is due to the WDW opening being very much off the cuff as summer bookings were down & by opening early they will have about a month's worth of extra revenue before the end of their fiscal year.
With the additional amount of rumours about crowd levels etc, it will hopefully put people off, if we were still planning then personally we'd give Disney a total miss.
SD
My take on it is - the die hard Disney fans who have to be at every opening and every anniversary will be there on opening day. They’ll stay for a very short trip. Loads of people who can’t afford multiple trips however will hold off until Rise of the Resistance is open.

That’s my hope as we go 2 weeks after opening!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilly3580
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were at Animal Kingdom when Pandora opened, it was busier than normal in the morning and then closed most days, due to capacity, in the afternoon. We used to stay until lunch time and then head back to our hotel for a chill round the pool.
Lilly3580 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List