Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Mar 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Marni said last night-

"Fasten your seatbelts and open your wallets.

This is going to get bumpy."

He says it is going to be a toxic topic when it happens later this year.

The 'free' fastpass will only be offered as an incentive to then buy.

Sounds awful if it comes to fruition.

Reading his sometimes cryptic posts (he says he has friends who he needs to keep as friends) he says it isn't dependent on resort (so deluxe will not get more) and when someone says it is hard to go down from free fast passes, he says 'There are two other numbers'.

Looks like they may just give one free. No unlimited options- for example, $20 a head for 3, $50 for 5 etc by the looks (me guessing at prices but this is how it will work), good attractions higher amount etc.

Looks awful.

Edit he indicates another option being considered is 3 fast passes free but only for 'lesser' attractions with everything else upcharged.

Imagine if we have to pay for this in a 14 day stay? It would cost a family what- nigh on $1000?

Edited at 01:35 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

This does not sound good - on our last trip last year we managed to bag 15 fp's at MK through the full day using the app to its full potential.

I said this last year, but this year is going to be the last time we do Disney for a few years now - we love Florida, but would like something a bit different.

Last year we did our non Disney 3 week trip (which was 8 months after our previous 3 week trip) - We did, SW, BG, LegoLand, KSC, AQ, Gator Land, then ended up buying a 5 day base Disney ticket!
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Marni's last comment this morning:
Details and costing are still not clear but something different is definitely coming as things stand.
Old 11 Mar 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Interesting to see how this pans out. Disney makes a big deal out of their free FP system clearly stating how it works and how many FPs you can get. If someone books a holiday based on this advertising where do they stand if Disney then says "er about that, you don't get that anymore"?

Could it be brought in for new bookings only? Difficult.
Old 11 Mar 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
johnscone
Gone all Goofy

johnscone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Personally I wouldn't be too bothered as long as we still get the 3 free FP+. I could count on one hand the times I've used my fourth fast pass anyway because by the time I've used my 3 fastpasses the only rides available on the app are either ones I wouldnt bother with or ones that have no queue anyway.

We are regular Orlando visitors (at least once a year) and we have just come back this week. It was the first time we've ever been without visiting Disney and to be honest I didn't miss it at all.
johnscone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnscone View Post
Personally I wouldn't be too bothered as long as we still get the 3 free FP+. I could count on one hand the times I've used my fourth fast pass anyway because by the time I've used my 3 fastpasses the only rides available on the app are either ones I wouldnt bother with or ones that have no queue anyway.

We are regular Orlando visitors (at least once a year) and we have just come back this week. It was the first time we've ever been without visiting Disney and to be honest I didn't miss it at all.
The point is if the rumour is correct, that the three is ending- of if there is three it will be for only the lesser rides, (Small World) etc.
Old 11 Mar 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

There appears a lot of conjecture here so unless anyone knows as fact that paid FP’s are on the way and know the date its probably best not to speculate 🤔
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I like to speculate and conduct research. Both may not lead to the same conclusion but at least I am kept informed or aware that changes are afoot.

I have my own views that are pure speculation but the full opening of Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy fill me with dread as that's when paid for FPs could be slipped in. Purely to help Guests enjoy the experience of course, certainly not for profit

The constant drive to increase the number of rooms on property leads me to believe that offsite Guests will be penalised even more. That will be dreadful but I can smell it in the breeze.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I'm just hoping that any changes are brought in after our July trip. We haven't been for 6 years and I don't think I will ever go again after July as it just seems to be going downhill year-on-year. If I need a Disney fix I'll go to DLP.
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

So to simplify: In the coming future... pay a lot to get in the park, and then pay more to actually ride the attractions.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List