Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Mar 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We bought one of the Keenz stroller wagons in Orlando last year to bring back to UK. They were so difficult to get hold of as they sold out immediately and there was always a waiting list.
We live on a farm and daughter has twins a year old and it has been invaluable on days out as the children face each other and can play happily with each other while stationery. It can be pushed from either end is extremely manoeuvrable has padding and takes up less space than a double pushchair
I do agree in Disney the size of the children being pushed in them is weird but I have been run down by more mobility scooters than pushchairs or wagons.
Everyone who has seen us with this contraption have said they would have loved one for their children
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I was always under the impression that those wagons were banned already.

They are quite popular in the USA and Australia. My brother has one for his girls. I’ve never seen one in the parks though.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

This was from 2016 saying wagons are banned
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

This was from 2016 saying wagons are banned
I believe this only refers to wagons that are pulled. Currently if it can be pushed then it is let in to the parks. We saw quite a few on our trip in September and I can see how they could be a nuisance at crowded times as you can't really see the front of it while pushing.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

There were definitely some in MK last October. They don’t steer as accurately as a normal buggy and the corners were eye height of DS and I had a few sudden save moments of pulling him out of the way.

A friend who has more children that I do loves hers for normal use at home but she found they are tremendously easy to steal from. Of course anything left in any buggy is at risk, but the wagon is so big and open that it takes no effort and people help themselves. That would totally put an Eeyore cloud on my day in the park.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
By the way, this isn't a rumour any more. It's on Disney's Park Rules page:

disneyworld.disney.go/en_GB/park-rules/

Also, with regards to the size, it is only the allowed width that will change on 1st May, from 36 inches to 31 inches. The allowed length will stay the same at 52 inches.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:57 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Get rid of them altogether...… I'll get my coat !
xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
What with strollers and banning fags Disney seem to have lost the plot.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

We noticed those wagons on our trip a couple weeks back and was so surprised as they are huge and clunky and difficult to steer - especially with the crowds.

We remarked how they must be the new fad because we saw loads and had never seen them before. (last trip was Dec '17)

We have one for camping, and no longer have a young child, but I would never think that one would be a good idea for a crowded Disney park! Even Disney's own strollers look clunky and difficult to use!

I think with anything being used as a vehicle in and around the parks and resorts - pushchairs, wheelchairs, ECVs, you will have your good users and your bad.
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done Disney for being quick to stop this, hard enough getting around as is!

We have to take a buggy for our 3 year old but thinking of getting a super lightweight one
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List