Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Apr 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re looking to book for next May and looking at the queues and crowds is really freaking me out. It’s such an expensive holiday.
Old 4 Apr 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wallefan View Post
We’re looking to book for next May and looking at the queues and crowds is really freaking me out. It’s such an expensive holiday.
I agree with this, it will be Jens first time to the land of Disney and she and I can't handle crowds that well
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mark5670
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wallefan View Post
We’re due to go this May, which happens to fall over their Memorial Day weekend, which is the same as our last (& first!) visit in 2016. We’ve booked for then to avoid the Spring Break & Easter crowds, and to limit the time off of school for the kids, as it falls over our half-term.
I keep reading on various forums ‘how much busier it is nowadays’ and am getting rather concerned, as we’re travelling with our 6 & 8 year old daughters, and if we’re hitting mega queues even with FastPasses it’s gonna become rather less magical for them!
In fact, the more I read about how Disney are moving more and more towards paid extras such as EMM, AH, Dessert Parties, extra FastPasses 90 days out at Club Level (at $50/pp/day I believe) etc, the more I think they’ve lost all respect for their visitors. And on top of that, they’re supposedly now also reducing staff numbers during quieter periods - I guess their thinking is that if people are willing to wait 60 minutes for a ride during a busy time, they’ll also be prepared to do it during off-season as well.
It’s beginning to put a dampner on the trip for me before we even get there!
mark5670 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBeliever
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by mark5670 View Post
We’re due to go this May, which happens to fall over their Memorial Day weekend, which is the same as our last (& first!) visit in 2016. We’ve booked for then to avoid the Spring Break & Easter crowds, and to limit the time off of school for the kids, as it falls over our half-term.
I keep reading on various forums ‘how much busier it is nowadays’ and am getting rather concerned, as we’re travelling with our 6 & 8 year old daughters, and if we’re hitting mega queues even with FastPasses it’s gonna become rather less magical for them!
In fact, the more I read about how Disney are moving more and more towards paid extras such as EMM, AH, Dessert Parties, extra FastPasses 90 days out at Club Level (at $50/pp/day I believe) etc, the more I think they’ve lost all respect for their visitors. And on top of that, they’re supposedly now also reducing staff numbers during quieter periods - I guess their thinking is that if people are willing to wait 60 minutes for a ride during a busy time, they’ll also be prepared to do it during off-season as well.
It’s beginning to put a dampner on the trip for me before we even get there!
We went last May for the same 2 weeks you’re going and we are going again next month at the same time.

Don’t worry about it being “too” busy, we found crowd levels more than manageable whilst we were there and I’m sure they will be fine this time too. The only day we had trouble with was actually Busch Garden when we queued in the car for over an hour to get in and the park itself was heaving. If I remember rightly it was the Saturday before Memorial Day itself.

I’m sure you know most of this but a few tips for you:

1) get to the parks early (rope drop early) and you can do 3 rides before it even gets slightly busy.

2) plan your fast passes well.

3) Memorial Day weekend itself will be busy in most places so think carefully about what it is you’re going to do those three days. Even the outlets were mega busy!

You’ll have a great time, don’t let it put a dampener on anything!
DisneyBeliever is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is one of the reasons we have ditched Disney, it's just too crowded. I do love all of the Disney parks but to stand for 2 + hours for a very average ride is not my idea of a good holiday, that and the entrance price we are voting with our feet.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Staying on site is almost a necessity now, as is a rope drop start, morning EMH, and coming home about lunch.
Also learning to manipulate Fastpass on the fly and what time to have fastpasses coming in, was a major part of the regime to avoid queues. I went August and queued for nothing.
Unfortunately I fear my strategies are about to go down the toilet, particularly the Fastpass on the fly manipulations , if Disney bring in the rumoured you’ll have to pay for Fastpass.
Old 7 Apr 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
if Disney bring in the rumoured you’ll have to pay for Fastpass.
I hate the FP system as is let alone if you have to pay!

August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
This is one of the reasons we have ditched Disney, it's just too crowded. I do love all of the Disney parks but to stand for 2 + hours for a very average ride is not my idea of a good holiday, that and the entrance price we are voting with our feet.
I say every year now lets ditch Disney, the rides are not great and the wait times just get worse year on year, the costs just keep going up.

Some will say but they are spending on building new things, this is true but only increasing the crowd levels as Disney are being very smart how they build, there aiming at certain kinds of visitors that may not already be visiting the parks.

I am always out voted even though there are only two of us, the misses loves Disney even if it means we just stroll through the parks.
We will not wait in longer than 30 minutes lines.

It is definitely not as magical as it used to be.
Old 7 Apr 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mark5670
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We’re starting our holiday this May with five nights at HRH at Universal, and it’s just so much more stress-free than having to plan everything down to when you’re getting up in the morning, to where you’re going to eat, like I’ve had to do for Disney. I’ve literally spent more time planning our Disney days than the time we’ll actually be there! If things go to plan it’ll be well worth it, but I’m relying on the missus and kids being up and ready in time to make use of the EMH - Something that she’s not taking on board at the minute.lol
mark5670 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
Originally Posted by mark5670 View Post
We’re starting our holiday this May with five nights at HRH at Universal, and it’s just so much more stress-free than having to plan everything down to when you’re getting up in the morning, to where you’re going to eat, like I’ve had to do for Disney. I’ve literally spent more time planning our Disney days than the time we’ll actually be there! If things go to plan it’ll be well worth it, but I’m relying on the missus and kids being up and ready in time to make use of the EMH - Something that she’s not taking on board at the minute.lol
Couldn't agree more it takes out the spontaneity out of your holiday. I don't want to know what ride I will be riding a month in advance.

August 2015-Trip Index