Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Apr 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
Even with discounted multi-day tickets, between park tickets, parking and the odd bits of food we consume at Disney, it's about a £100 per person per day affair. I imagine those saving more by focusing on Disney for all 10+ days of a holiday would prop up that revenue by staying on-site. I find it hard to believe they can't still pull decent margins with a few extra staff / ride and show theaters where the ride design lends itself to them. Obviously with rollercoasters it's a bit more complicated.

The other gripe is of course opening hours. The only park open super late is the only one I don't really care about staying late at. Having the opportunity to mill around Epcot or Animal Kingdom at 11pm-midnight is something I'd definitely like to experience.
Wow £100 per person per day that is a lot we stayed 7 nights at POFQ for 7 nights with Disney dining plan and 14 night tickets for £2200 for three of us.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Wow £100 per person per day that is a lot we stayed 7 nights at POFQ for 7 nights with Disney dining plan and 14 night tickets for £2200 for three of us.
Erm, for 7 days the £2200 you spent works out at around £100 per person per day.

I'm not sure whether ratmanscoop was including the hotel cost and all meals or whether they meant just the Disney tickets and a few snacks? If the former then £100 per person per day sounds quite good. If the latter then it sounds a bit expensive - although it depends on how many days you visit Disney.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:32 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by michaelb136 View Post
As TimTracker has said quite a few times lately, is it time for a fifth gate?
Although I would love to see another Disney park, as already mentioned opening a fifth gate is unlikely to make any difference on the wait times.

Historically, whenever a new park has opened at Orlando, it hasn't made any difference to the attendance figures at the other parks. Plus, Disney is hardly going to pay billions to build a new theme park if it means that the attendance at it's other parks noticeably reduces. It will want the attendance at the other parks to remain roughly the same whilst increasing attendance at the overall WDW resort by 20-25%.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Erm, for 7 days the £2200 you spent works out at around £100 per person per day.

I'm not sure whether ratmanscoop was including the hotel cost and all meals or whether they meant just the Disney tickets and a few snacks? If the former then £100 per person per day sounds quite good. If the latter then it sounds a bit expensive - although it depends on how many days you visit Disney.
Just the latter. Considering the time we spend there I count the water park days as half days - one day each means the ticket price for WDW is basically divided by 5 - in this trip's case 4.5 as we're only planning to do one water park. The price of our 14-day tickets divided by 5 comes out at about £82 a day. Add £5 per person each for parking (50 bucks for the two cars divided by 8) plus the fact that even a hot dog and soda is about £10 minimum and it's around £100 a day.
The total 'trip cost' is about £180 a day including food for the whole day as opposed to just park food, since we're staying off-site.
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

RMS might be worth pricing up an on site stay then, similar to Sew's post above we paid £2599 for 8 nights at CSR including park tickets and qsdp works out at £108 pppn, for 4 it was nearer £90. Parking was free this year too but not for next year .
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
RMS might be worth pricing up an on site stay then, similar to Sew's post above we paid £2599 for 8 nights at CSR including park tickets and qsdp works out at £108 pppn, for 4 it was nearer £90. Parking was free this year too but not for next year .
I think the real problem for RMR is that he is only doing 4.5 days at a Disney park so the high cost of the park tickets really hammers them on a $/day basis. Obviously, if they were to use every day possible (15 apparently) then the cost per day would fall considerably (£82/3 = £27-ish) - but that isn't what they want to do.
Old 9 Apr 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Just the latter. Considering the time we spend there I count the water park days as half days - one day each means the ticket price for WDW is basically divided by 5 - in this trip's case 4.5 as we're only planning to do one water park. The price of our 14-day tickets divided by 5 comes out at about £82 a day. Add £5 per person each for parking (50 bucks for the two cars divided by 8) plus the fact that even a hot dog and soda is about £10 minimum and it's around £100 a day.
The total 'trip cost' is about £180 a day including food for the whole day as opposed to just park food, since we're staying off-site.
Yes, only going for 4.5 days it will be expensive (hence why I said, "it depends on how many days you visit Disney").

BTW, it would've been slightly cheaper to get a 4 day Base ticket for around £320 and a 1 day waterpark ticket for around £55. Although the price reduces by only £7 per day, so there's not a lot in it.

As mentioned above, you can stay onsite at a moderate Disney resort for 7 or 8 days, get your accommodation and all your food for those days, and park tickets for just over £100 a day.

It's why I recommend people on a budget to stick to just one theme park group. Fourteen days at Disney will cost just over £50 per person per day - including tickets (£30pppd), parking (£5pppd), a quick service meal (£12pppd) and a snack (£4pppd).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:41 PM.
Old 9 Apr 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Nah we're not on an especially tight budget - all the decisions I've taken have been for convenience of the group rather than value for money.

Using 14-day tickets instead of 4-day gives us the freedom to book Disney days in whichever days of the trip we want, they aren't all bunched together.

To my mind, given the above plus the hassle of changing locations, coupled with the fact Disney seem to be scaling back the free perks for on-site guests, it's not something we're likely to ever do.

The trip being split between Disney, Universal, SeaWorld et al and KSC as well as a couple of rest days means one day per park is all we'll get with an acceptable amount of holiday from work.

Edited at 02:29 PM.
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

the £2200 gave us 7 days food 7 days hotel 14 days Disney park entry I woudl suggest that even staying in a cheap hotel off site that is £50 per night so remove £350 second week of Disney tickets £20 per person per day minimum so £420

Total Cost £2200 minus hotel £1850 minus second week park tickets £1430 divided by 7 divided by three £204 so £67per person per day with lots of food and staying on site I think that is good value.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
To my mind, given the above plus the hassle of changing locations, coupled with the fact Disney seem to be scaling back the free perks for on-site guests, it's not something we're likely to ever do.
As you can see though, you can book a week at an moderate on-site Disney resort, and get your accommodation, all your food, tickets, MagicBands, EMH, etc for around £100 per person per day. Then stay offsite and again probably pay no more than £100pppd for that second week and get your accommodation, all your food, tickets to Universal and Seaworld, etc.

So £100pppd for everything other than flights and souvenirs is a good price. Whereas £100pppd for just tickets and a hotdog is a lot. Hence why Sew109 said "Wow £100 per person per day that is a lot".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~