Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Apr 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Who DOESNT do Magic Kingdom on the first day?

Im trying to put together an itinerary for our October/November trip and my automatic thoughts are Magic Kingdom on the first day, BUT we have a meal planned at Teppan Edo in Epcot for the evening and our friends might not want to do both parks.

Im reluctantly thinking of just doing Epcot, but i keep thinking we should see the castle first

First world problems i know
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

MK is not my favourite park so it wouldn't even occur to me that I have to do it on my first full day in WDW - have to admit its been the park we visit on our last full day though, both times we have been to Orlando .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Im trying to put together an itinerary for our October/November trip and my automatic thoughts are Magic Kingdom on the first day, BUT we have a meal planned at Teppan Edo in Epcot for the evening and our friends might not want to do both parks.

Im reluctantly thinking of just doing Epcot, but i keep thinking we should see the castle first

First world problems i know
We always go to Epcot on our first day, take it easy and have a relaxing day walking round world showcase and then boardwalk.
We leave Magic kingdom till day 2😊. It’s probably because we do indirect flights and are sooo tired the first day🤔🙈
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

We have always done MK as our first day however we’re changing it up to AK this year due to DD - she wants to do Avatar cosplay (we did it for a comic con last year & got amazing comments so now she wants to do it in Pandora) & the hair she needs for it has to be done before we go & only last so many days so we’re on a time scale... I’m not sure how we’re going to like it though even AK is actually our favourite park seeing the castle on our first day is tradition

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Me - my first day is always a quiet day. Last year was Typhoon Lagoon and this year will be the morning at Stormalong Bay followed by lunch at World Showcase in Epcot. Then off to DS to pick up my free gift card. Then back to the Beach Club for more pool time
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Our 1st park this year will be AK. I have just gone by the busy day guide . Don't bother us what park we visit 1st now , but on our very 1st visit to Florida it was MK .
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by HappyThoughts View Post
We have always done MK as our first day however we’re changing it up to AK this year due to DD - she wants to do Avatar cosplay (we did it for a comic con last year & got amazing comments so now she wants to do it in Pandora) & the hair she needs for it has to be done before we go & only last so many days so we’re on a time scale... I’m not sure how we’re going to like it though even AK is actually our favourite park seeing the castle on our first day is tradition
I don't think you're allowed to wear costumes or cosplay apart from at Mickeys not so scary Halloween party at Magic Kingdom. There's always lots of children dressed as Princesses but I'm not if there is an age limit. You might want to check on the Disney World website, or someone on here may be able to confirm.

Edited at 09:07 PM.
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Me! When it’s just OH and me, we’ll do Universal first. We rarely go to Disney parks now. When I went with my daughters last year and stayed onsite, we went to MK on the second from last day.
Old 10 Apr 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

We always do Epcot on our first day... it all stemmed from when back in the day our kids were little.
We thought it would be a good gentle introduction to the parks and not make them expect rides,rides rides . We figured if we did MK first they might not then like Epcot as their expectations might be altered.
So first park was Epcot and it remains so even though it's just me and DH nowadays !
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I change depending on which park has emh on out first morning if any. Ideally its MK emh
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List