Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Apr 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We opted for a cheap offsite hotel instead. We just couldn’t justify the room cost. We didn’t have FOLP and we managed to see and do everything we wanted (specifically lots of Harry Potter) without them.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I wouldn’t say FOLP is absolutely essential that time but we’ve done it with and without and we won’t do without it now as it made the experience much more pleasant and enjoyable.

Checking prices, £300-350 per night for FOLP hotel is about right unfortunately- a shame you didn’t book earlier as we managed to get ours for under £300 per night when we booked back in January. Cheapest I found for your dates was £310 per night at the HRH - it was the only option that came up out of the three FOLP hotels so I don’t know whether the other two can sleep 5?. This was with Travelrepublic.

You’re right, the ticket prices are the killer here!

Cabana Bay always comes highly recommended on here if you are willing to forgo the FOLP and you do get early entry to the parks.

Edited at 09:08 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
I wouldn’t say FOLP is absolutely essentially that time but we’ve done it with and without and we won’t do without it now as it made the experience much more pleasant and enjoyable.

Checking prices, £300-350 per night for FOLP hotel is about right unfortunately- a shame you didn’t book earlier as we managed to get ours for under £300 per night when we booked back in January. Cheapest I found for your dates was £310 per night at the HRH - it was the only option that came up out of the three FOLP hotels so I don’t know whether the other two can sleep 5?. This was with Travelrepublic.

You’re right, the ticket prices are the killer here!

Cabana Bay always comes highly recommended on here if you are willing to forgo the FOLP and you do get early entry to the parks.
Do you think there's potentially an opportunity in January in that case? We don't go until Aug 2020 so I can wait

Really appreciate the tips!
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We opted for a cheap offsite hotel instead. We just couldn’t justify the room cost. We didn’t have FOLP and we managed to see and do everything we wanted (specifically lots of Harry Potter) without them.
This is exactly what we want to do! And Volcano Bay - did you do that too?
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve only ever stayed one night and always fitted everything in. Got to the hotel about 8am, get tickets straight to park. Stay there til about 4. Pop back to hotel til about 6 for swim or nap! Then back to park til closing. Up early the next day. Usually by about 5 at latest we’ve done everything. Some things more than once. Doesn’t help lower ticket costs but saves on one night hotel costs.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LW2412 View Post
Do you think there's potentially an opportunity in January in that case? We don't go until Aug 2020 so I can wait

Really appreciate the tips!
No problem, I thought you were going this year but if not until 2020, then yes there is plenty of time to keep checking for better prices and deals. Incidentally, we booked ours with Virgin- they were the cheapest but they did want £175pp deposit whereas when we’d booked previously with Travelrepublic, it was only £1pp deposit.

The ticket prices are going to be you biggest costs though, just looked and can’t believe how much they’ve gone up by! Prices are beginning to get quite silly across the board I think.

Having said all this, we really do love Universal, my girls are die hard Potter fans and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is done brilliantly so for us, it is worth it.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

This is exactly what we want to do! And Volcano Bay - did you do that too?
No we didn’t make it to Volcano Bay.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s coming in at just under £1000 if we do universal plus hotel . I dropped it last time on the cost and trying to justify £500 per day and it looks like it will get dropped again.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

I am thinking after seeing your costs to just do universal with no hotel. We would only do 1 or 2 days so where and which are the best tickets to get?
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Do you think FOLP are essential? We're there in August (23-25th!)

Thanks!
No, should be ok but remember the new ride will make it busier. Get there early and have a rest in the afternoon and maybe ho back in the evening.

Also look at annual passes as you get a discount o hotels so even just 1 pass may make a big difference.

Edited at 12:18 AM.
lizzie145 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List