Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
I think the response to my question indicates that this will happen? I wouldn’t put it past Disney to sell the EEMH along with breakfast for a ridiculous price and let’s face it if all onsite guests use those hours and a ticketed event it will be a pretty useless perk of staying onsite!
Oh I agree that it will happen at some point. What I was trying to say is that it hasn’t been announced and there are no details so there’s no way to know if it will happen alongside the EEMH running throughout September and November. Given the opening hours and the likely number of onsite guests I think they will wait. I accept that I may turn out to be wrong though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Oh I agree that it will happen at some point. What I was trying to say is that it hasn’t been announced and there are no details so there’s no way to know if it will happen alongside the EEMH running throughout September and November. Given the opening hours and the likely number of onsite guests I think they will wait. I accept that I may turn out to be wrong though.
I hope they don’t but sadly think they will. They will find a way of selling something that was included or “free” before, I’ve seen them do it many times 😂 But yes I hope I’m wrong 🙂
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chester Cheesy View Post
I'm raging about all of this. We specifically chose last few days days in Aug/early Sep as it is traditionally a little quieter than July/August. We've mostly gone onsite in the past but now the kids are older we just can't do one room and it became crazy expensive.
I plan in detail and everything is geared toward minimising the queues.
GE is announced for literally the day we arrive and now this. Hindsight and I wouldn't have booked as we have. Having to rethink the whole holiday.
Somebody please tell me I am over-reacting and give me some positives ?
The most obvious positive to me is you're going to a place some people can never go to. One of my friends is a case in point - she would love to go to WDW but she has a health problem which prevents her from flying so she'll never be able to go. She gets her Disney fix from Disneyland Paris - thank goodness for the Eurostar!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
The most obvious positive to me is you're going to a place some people can never go to. One of my friends is a case in point - she would love to go to WDW but she has a health problem which prevents her from flying so she'll never be able to go. She gets her Disney fix from Disneyland Paris - thank goodness for the Eurostar!
She could always take a cruise to the US and then go to WDW...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Yep... Adds more value to the 1 night in at the campground we had already booked. Getting up early should be a doddle as it will be our first full day...
We ended up booking a night at Caribbean Beach.
We go on the 16th, so booked a night for the 17th.
Idea being go to AK on the 17th, stay at CB, the hit DHS early on the 18th. Hopefully get a chance of FP at AK and DHS, and no parking charge, and free magic bands for when we go to MK and Epcot later in the holiday.
Just need to email and find out if they’ll let me check in early on the 17th to get the magic bands before we head to AK or not.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
We ended up booking a night at Caribbean Beach.
We go on the 16th, so booked a night for the 17th.
Idea being go to AK on the 17th, stay at CB, the hit DHS early on the 18th. Hopefully get a chance of FP at AK and DHS, and no parking charge, and free magic bands for when we go to MK and Epcot later in the holiday.
Just need to email and find out if they’ll let me check in early on the 17th to get the magic bands before we head to AK or not.
You should be able to check in online before hand so then as long as you had actual tickets or a magic band/ rfid enabled ticket from a previous trip and it is active in your MDE account you can go direct to DHS that morning and then go to the resort aftetwards.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Can offsite guests pay for the EEMH?
I thought it was just an extension of the EMH for onsite guests.
I suppose you could in effect pay for it by booking a campground site? Assuming there are still campsites available on the right dates. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m thinking you still get the resort guest perks from the campground thought it’s cheaper than a hotel.

We do on site (mostly because driving a car is the last thing I want to do on a holiday!) and we are early birds, so I am excited, though I’m concerned our hotel neighbours will throttle us for having the hair dryer going by 5am.

I am very curious to see what the non-HS midweek crowds turn out to be midweek. Early entrance makes it seem Disney are expecting big crowds but crowd predictors are all pointing down midweek. We shall see!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
You should be able to check in online before hand so then as long as you had actual tickets or a magic band/ rfid enabled ticket from a previous trip and it is active in your MDE account you can go direct to DHS that morning and then go to the resort aftetwards.
Thanks for that info.
We do have bands from a previous holiday still linked. Although it’s from a couple of years ago.
Just thought of a snag though on the 60 day fast pass idea. The park tickets for the main holiday staying off-site are through TUI, and I suspect I won’t get them until 30 days out. So if I’ve not got the two week tickets linked to my MDE account at 60 days out, I won’t be able to book fast passes for those two days either side of the nights stay at CB.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List