Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 May 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We use Touring Plans mainly for their wait times - it's far more accurate than Disney's.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
Having had toruing plans for the last few years I have found they do this, it will drop and then creep up again as we get nearer for most parks. This is the first year I have thought "really?" when they have released an email. We shall see but it's good news they are thinking it will still be quiet even though some may be there early ready for star wars.
Oh no! I got the same for July and was feeling optimistic!
Old 7 May 19, 05:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went last couple of weeks of August three years ago and it was much more bearable than I expected. We were even very lucky with the weather - didn’t get caught in rain once.

This year we’re going last week July / first week August and I’m dreading it!
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Corky
Excited about Disney

Had the same notification, keeping my fingers crossed that we will enjoy some quieter than average days.

I have a feeling the week commencing 5/8 will also be fairly quiet, we arrive on the 13/8 and I was trying to change a BoG breakfast have had no luck for my dates as of yet, but there is lots of availability for the week before.
Corky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Corky View Post
Had the same notification, keeping my fingers crossed that we will enjoy some quieter than average days.

I have a feeling the week commencing 5/8 will also be fairly quiet, we arrive on the 13/8 and I was trying to change a BoG breakfast have had no luck for my dates as of yet, but there is lots of availability for the week before.
Hmmmm having a quick scan around I am suspecting maybe something going on. July/Early Aug you can get breakfast no probs but then your week and a few weeks afterwards there is nothing for anything that I tried. I wonder if they are shutting it for a bit to do a quick refurb as it seems odd (just speculating) either that or it's going to be mad and is just really busy.
Old 7 May 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I hope you’re right we are there the same time as you 😁
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
I hope you’re right we are there the same time as you 😁
I can even get Cinder's breakfast on the days we are going so something isn't right. I really can't see why it would be busy going on last year unless people are booking hoping for soft openings at star wars but even then can't see that many people doing that.
Old 7 May 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Really hope this is right, we arrive 3rd for almost 5 weeks 😀 would love for it to be quieter than expected.

Only bit I’m worried about is the last few days when GE opens. We have a cruise then back to wdw on 31/8 for 2 nights. That will likely be mad busy, almost wishing we’d known about GE before adding these extra days on. We’ll make the most of it though, staying at GF so easy access to MK and we could just enjoy the pools If too busy.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Really hope this is right, we arrive 3rd for almost 5 weeks 😀 would love for it to be quieter than expected.

Only bit I’m worried about is the last few days when GE opens. We have a cruise then back to wdw on 31/8 for 2 nights. That will likely be mad busy, almost wishing we’d known about GE before adding these extra days on. We’ll make the most of it though, staying at GF so easy access to MK and we could just enjoy the pools If too busy.
31/8 will probably be busy but not just because of GE but it is Labor Day Weekend so bound to be busier anyways.

And 5 weeks WOW! And GF, did you win the lottery?

Edited at 09:02 PM.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were there last summer, end of July to mid-August and it was certainly manageable. By the second week, most of the Americans were going home leaving a lot of Brits in the parks.

I think this year will be even quieter
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List