Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jun 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Doesn’t this mean people will just book tier 2’s that they don’t want / won’t use just to get the 3 FP done so they can book another tier 1? Madness!

Luckily OH is not bothered about RnR or ToT so will do single rider on both of these now
There’s no single rider on ToT.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by lorna_99 View Post
If this system continues into Sep 2020 (hopefully not) then for us it will just mean when we finish in EP for example just before lunch we may try to grab a Tier 1 in HS and head there to do that 1 ride before heading back to hotel for pool time.
We have always loved HS and could spend a whole day there easy but it will become a park to dip in and out of for us... hopefully the system may change for the better by then though.
I was thinking this could be a good plan as well. Grab 3 early and quick FP rides at EPCOT and then immediately go for as many Tier 1 HS rides one after the other as you can. You could probably get most of the non-headliner Tier 1 like this. You would probably still need to do a rope drop HS day with a pre-booked headliner as well
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Don’t like the sound of this at all, for those booking at 30 days they still are probably only going to get one of the rides done.
Anyone onsite is going to snap up the early fp just out of sheer necessity,
I’m hoping this changes by next year!
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Found a page online about it...
thekingdominsider/hollyw...-to-star-wars/

This bit is interesting..
“Some attractions that were once Tier 2 will be now considered considered Tier 1, which means that only one attraction at a time may be selected for a FastPass+ reservation in advance of your park visit.“

Only one attraction at a time? Is it referring to a Tier1, or just one in total.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Upon further consideration, I think this is actually a good thing. Less fastpasses means shorter standby queues. Disney did this to minimise the impact of GE on the rest of the park. We're just all so used to FP that we forget how good it was before FP was introduced. Happy to queue for 20-30 mins for each ride under this system instead of up to 90 mins...
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

Won’t there be a lot of Tier 2 FP that aren’t used as people just go to standby lines for the Tier 1 rides instead before trying to get another Tier 1 when the Tier 2 time slots have passed?
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I think part of this is actually about trying to get people to use the standby Q as this will soak up people who would normally be moving around the park and so should reduce congestion.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
No you can’t.

You must use your 3 prebooked fastpasses, including the two at tier 2, to open up access to continuous booking of fastpasses including those at tier 1.
It will need careful modification of your tier 2 passes to get them “done” as quickly as possible. So, scan in and then modify to bring the next one forward to the earliest time.
Are you sure about that? I haven't read (as I can't find)any official statement on it so far. But I don't know why they would want to force people to do two tier two rides if they don't want to? I would have thought that stopping people from holding more than one tier 1 booking would be adequate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Are you sure about that? I haven't read (as I can't find)any official statement on it so far. But I don't know why they would want to force people to do two tier two rides if they don't want to? I would have thought that stopping people from holding more than one tier 1 booking would be adequate.
Your alternative is to let your tier 2 FPS expire, or scan them in and don’t actually ride/go to the show.

The point I was making was that you can’t just book a tier 1, use it and then get another tier 1 fastpass. If you do this my understanding of the system is that tier 2 rides will only be on offer for the next 2 fastpass bookings, then tier 1 will open again
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
Your alternative is to let your tier 2 FPS expire, or scan them in and don’t actually ride/go to the show.

The point I was making was that you can’t just book a tier 1, use it and then get another tier 1 fastpass. If you do this my understanding of the system is that tier 2 rides will only be on offer for the next 2 fastpass bookings, then tier 1 will open again
I understand what you are saying, I was just wondering if you have seen an official source, as it seems illogical and I can’t believe something quite so daft would be put in place. People are just going to book random things early on and not show up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List