Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Some of the other rides are waist of 40 but still able to ride them. I think it depends where you carry it as some are more squishy!
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Off to get the tape measure now!

We don't take phones on holiday. We always get funny looks when they ask for our number when we check in so that they can text the room number. How do you ride if you don't have a phone.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
Off to get the tape measure now!

We don't take phones on holiday. We always get funny looks when they ask for our number when we check in so that they can text the room number. How do you ride if you don't have a phone.
In one of the comments on the blog someone asked something similar and they said they would release more details soon.
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Just been reading some TM's experiences on Hagrid's, they are obviously biased but sounds great. One bit I noted a TM was worried he wouldn't fit but he did:

"And while I don’t know actual measurements at all, I fit (tightly) on Mummy, Gringotts, and Forbidden Journey."

So by the sounds of it if you can fit on those you will be fine.
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Alicia Stella, a blogger that has been hanging around the last few days for a possible soft opening has confirmed that the virtual queue will be operating once the standby queue is full and you will be instructed to get a virtual return time where you will then join the queue from the entrance to the coaster and will then wait in the queue.

So basically confirming what a previous poster had stated. This will be in operation anytime that the standby queue is full as they don't want massive queues around the park.

This will not be operating on Thursday, but will start Friday and they have loads of barriers out ready for the Thursday onslaught.
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

A queue (virtual) to join a queue then! Thanks for the update
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
How will this work with parent swap?

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

For those wondering about size Attractions Magazine have just posted on YouTube with a guy trying the test car.

Also Craig from the Dis has just ridden it and has stated it is now easily his favourite coaster in Orlando!
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachhh
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Am I mad to be considering trying to get on this on Thursday? I can do rope drop and am a fast walker, just don’t know if it’s worth it. I leave on Saturday and am at Disney on Friday so this will be my only chance this trip. Any thoughts or words of advice? Other than take water and use the loo before hand
Rachhh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rachhh View Post
Am I mad to be considering trying to get on this on Thursday? I can do rope drop and am a fast walker, just don’t know if it’s worth it. I leave on Saturday and am at Disney on Friday so this will be my only chance this trip. Any thoughts or words of advice? Other than take water and use the loo before hand
Braver than I would be, we will have a similar chance with GE but I have already said "no" as it will ruin it for me being so busy and I can wait until next time.

One tip the car park opens at 6:30am and this has been mentioned a number of times as well as that the park is likely to open early. Therefore rope drop is likely to be early and I would personally get there before 6:30am The hype has really built up this week with a lot of VERY positive reviews from those that have ridden it so therefore will have more than ever wanting to have a go.

Oh and do let us know what it is like, spoiler free of course, if you do go.

Edited at 07:40 PM.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List