Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jul 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I'm a huge Disney fan, my husband really likes Star Wars and was very impressed with the pictures of GE at DL so we're going to go. My only issue is that the night before MK is open till midnight and we had already got ADR's planned for the entire holiday assuming that we would stay in MK till closing. I don't see how that will work out with two small children if we do that.

I just really wish Disney had released some booking system so that you knew if you were going to be able to get in or not.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Florida 4
Helping Donald

We spoke to a really nice cast member while waiting for FOP, he said when Pandora opened there was a 7 hour line just to get into the land, never mind ride anything.
I just don`t think I could justify using a full day of standing in a line
Fab Florida 4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We come home on the 30th - I wish it was opening after we leave. DS3 has autism so definitely not attempting it - just hope there aren't knock on crowds during the lead up.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fab Florida 4 View Post
We spoke to a really nice cast member while waiting for FOP, he said when Pandora opened there was a 7 hour line just to get into the land, never mind ride anything.
I just don`t think I could justify using a full day of standing in a line
Yep. I didn't brave Pandora for this very reason. The 7 hour line went on a bit too (not just first day) I believe.
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So I think we've decided we're going to do it. Aim to get there around 4.30am and expecting 3-4 hours of waiting around. If its looking like 5 hours plus we'll just head to the other lands and if that is even more painful we'll park hop somewhere else. Certainly don't fancy the 7 hours !
Only one previous experience of an opening day and that was at Sea World on the Penguin ride. Absolute joke that was, so hoping it might be better this time!
This does involve the wife and 2 teenagers who might decide at 3.30am that they're not getting out of bed and you can stick your light saber up your Boba Fett.
We'll see. :-)
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re going to avoid it like the plague. I don’t fancy getting up at the crack of dawn on my holiday to stand around in crowds for hours. Even though we’re staying onsite I think there will be a lot of traffic so we’d probably end up stuck in traffic jams before we even get to the the park. I can imagine that I would just get stressed with it all, especially if we’ve all been up that early. Will wait and go when it’s a bit more civilised.
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chester Cheesy View Post
So I think we've decided we're going to do it. Aim to get there around 4.30am and expecting 3-4 hours of waiting around. If its looking like 5 hours plus we'll just head to the other lands and if that is even more painful we'll park hop somewhere else. Certainly don't fancy the 7 hours !
Only one previous experience of an opening day and that was at Sea World on the Penguin ride. Absolute joke that was, so hoping it might be better this time!
This does involve the wife and 2 teenagers who might decide at 3.30am that they're not getting out of bed and you can stick your light saber up your Boba Fett.
We'll see. :-)
Hey, good luck with it. I'd do the same if I was there. Try and post while you're in the queue if possible.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Where is everyone getting the 4am time from? Is that based on Disney transport alone or further info?

I only ask as I’d be gobsmacked if the queueing started as late as that for this - unless Disney have somehow banned people arriving any earlier, I would fully expect the queues to start as soon as the parks close the night before?

Having said that, I don’t have a clue (we aren’t visiting this year so I haven’t been watching coverage), but I would expect Disney to announce something soon to ensure the Harry Potter midnight type queuing from 2010 doesn’t happen in WDW, surely?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Where is everyone getting the 4am time from? Is that based on Disney transport alone or further info?

I only ask as I’d be gobsmacked if the queueing started as late as that for this - unless Disney have somehow banned people arriving any earlier, I would fully expect the queues to start as soon as the parks close the night before?

Having said that, I don’t have a clue (we aren’t visiting this year so I haven’t been watching coverage), but I would expect Disney to announce something soon to ensure the Harry Potter midnight type queuing from 2010 doesn’t happen in WDW, surely?
Not sure but think in Disneyland people were only allowed to queue from a set time. I wish Disney would release more details.
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think whats the worst that can happen... you can always leave if it is too busy!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List