Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jul 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
I guess we're all different. Just wonder how guests staying offsite would feel about say a group of people trying to cut in to a fast pass queue saying they were with someone in front - cheating the system or good on them for trying and getting away with it?
Exactly. I keep reading moans about groups of people joining members of their party near the front of a queue but it seems cheating the fast pass system is fine - to me there is no difference.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Exactly. I keep reading moans about groups of people joining members of their party near the front of a queue but it seems cheating the fast pass system is fine - to me there is no difference.
I think there is a difference though lol, standing in a long line and waiting and someone pushing in is rude, someone being able to get a Fastpass early when offered to them isn't rude? Its not breaking rules, its available to them and they are not effecting anyone directly. In a line someone jumping in front effects people directly and is wrong. its not wrong to take something that is available with plenty of availability.
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Like I said we're all different. I obey rules generally in all areas of my life and will always struggle to understand people who think it's ok not to. At the end of the day everyone knows that onsite is 60 days and offsite is 30, and if you get around this using a 'loophole' you know youre deliberately doing something you ķnow iswrong. If you choose to do this then it is hypocritical to then complain about any other guest doing something similar.
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Like I said we're all different. I obey rules generally in all areas of my life and will always struggle to understand people who think it's ok not to. At the end of the day everyone knows that onsite is 60 days and offsite is 30, and if you get around this using a 'loophole' you know youre deliberately doing something you ķnow iswrong. If you choose to do this then it is hypocritical to then complain about any other guest doing something similar.
You’re making an assumption that it is a loophole though - for all we know Disney may have deliberately planned this so that people travelling together but staying in different accommodation can still enjoy the parks together.
I see it like the annual pass benefits - only 1 person in the group needs one to get the benefits, the whole group doesn’t need to have one.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s not a loophole though is it, it’s disney allowing you to do it. So wether you think it’s right or wrong it’s something that’s available and allowed, not cheating or a glitch it’s what Disney have decided is ok so family’s can go on rides together even if they are not staying together.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
You’re making an assumption that it is a loophole though - for all we know Disney may have deliberately planned this so that people travelling together but staying in different accommodation can still enjoy the parks together.
I see it like the annual pass benefits - only 1 person in the group needs one to get the benefits, the whole group doesn’t need to have one.
Thats true.. Good way of looking at it.
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

With all the posts about how money driven Disney is now becoming do you really think this is likely? Maybe if you drive in to the parks car parks behind a friend who's staying onsite they'll let you park free too
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by spurs444 View Post
The definition of "cheating" is to act dishonestly.

If by adding your family to your fastpass party you are able to book at 60 days i fail to see where this is dishonest.

I find it sad that some onsite guests are so paranoid that an offsite guest may actually be able to get full value from their £400 plus Disney tickets by being able to access all the rides for their families.
"The most magical place on earth" - yeah right !
I find it sad that you don't get what's wrong with this , We're not paranoid , just when you pay mega bucks to stay at a Disney Resort specifically for the perks , 60 day fast pass's being one of them its a little unfair that people can just be tagged on to your party that aren't staying onsite and get the same perk that they haven't paid for.

Some Fastpass's are hard enough to get even with 60day access.

Just because the Disney computer system allows you to do so doesn't make it right.
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I find it sad that people are this bothered, just enjoy your holiday no matter where you are staying and don’t worry what others are doing. When I stay on site the last thing I think about is what others are doing and I think it’s brilliant that Disney do this to keep family and friends together.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

I haven't ready the full thread but we are a party of 8. Except me and DH check in 10 days earlier. I can only book FP for us two and the other 6 have to wait till their window opens.
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread