Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jul 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Really hoping for the classic monsters land as the image of Dracula’s castle looks so good. I think whatever is included will be fab anyway. Deffo hoping for Mario Kart and Donkey Kong mine type coaster, if they could also include Luigi’s mansion then I’d be happy 😂. In fact, they should just let me design the rides.
kerrie1781 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Nintendo land will most likely be there - though i dont see the big attraction but maybe i am not hip enough?
Pokemon (which is owned by Nintendo) is the highest grossing franchise of all - bigger than Star Wars or Harry Potter. Mario is also a pretty big franchise - bigger than Marvel or Harry Potter.

Admittedly, they tend to be big in Japan. But I think they are bigger in the US than they are here in the UK.

I'm not really a fan, but I can see why someone would build a theme park land based on them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Or as the EPIC is in bold, Epic is the company behind Fortnite and Gears of War. Hope it’s a bit more exciting than this but maybe I’m just a bit old to get it if it is.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Or as the EPIC is in bold, Epic is the company behind Fortnite and Gears of War. Hope it’s a bit more exciting than this but maybe I’m just a bit old to get it if it is.
Imagine Fortnite in real life, it’d be like The Hunger Games. Only one makes it out alive 😂
kerrie1781 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Last year Universal trademarked two names in regards to "entertainment services in the nature of amusement park and theme park services". They were Fantastic Worlds and Epic Universe.

At a guess, the new park is going to be called Epic Universe. Unless, and I hope this is the case, the resort as a whole gets renamed to Universal's Epic Universe whilst the new park is called Fantastic Worlds.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kerrie1781 View Post
Imagine Fortnite in real life, it’d be like The Hunger Games. Only one makes it out alive 😂
Ok, I’m in. As long as I get to wipe out the South American tour groups.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

There was a rumour recently about Jurassic world, I think at some point they considered a separate Jurassic world land as part of the new park, but the plan I understand now is to retheme the existing land at IOA. However universal creative have developed a new Jurassic world themed Dark ride for the park they are building in Beijing which apparently (on paper at least) is the best ride Universal creative have ever designed. You ride in a gyroscope and at one point you get kicked by a Dino spinning you out of control before coming to a stop in front of a huge Indominus Rex , which then appears to chase after you and will use lots of animatronics rather than screens

Management want the ride in the US but there is no room at IOA to add it. Rather than adding a full land, a rumour was that they will possible include the ride in the rumoured monster themed land.

Edited at 06:01 PM.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
There was a rumour recently about Jurassic world, I think at some point they considered a separate Jurassic world land as part of the new park, but the plan I understand now is to retheme the existing land at IOA. However universal creative have developed a new Dark ride for the park they are building in Beijing which apparently (on paper at least) is the best ride Universal creative have ever designed. Management want the ride in the US but there is no room at IOA to add it. Rather than adding a full land, a rumour was that they will possible include the ride in the rumoured monster themed land.
Real Jurassic World. Please please please. Dinos to be fed on South American tour groups.(wonder if anyone is spotting a trend here). I’ll pay extra to hand feed.
Old 31 Jul 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Real Jurassic World. Please please please. Dinos to be fed on South American tour groups.(wonder if anyone is spotting a trend here). I’ll pay extra to hand feed.
Didn't realise Donald Trump was a dibber.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
There will definitely be Harry Potter or Fantastic Beats. Ministry Of Magic seems a logical choice. The comment about Dracula’s castle sounds really good.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List