Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Oct 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I think you are missing the point the OP was making. It seems that people without fast passes were entering the FP queue with others in their party who did have fast passes and essentially were using the rider switch to jump the queue.
Disney are now starting to clamp down on this.
No one was entering the FP queue without fastpasses or Rider Switch passes.

At all the other rides, the party would approach the entrance and split into two groups. Group 1 would enter the FP queue using their fastpasses whilst Group 2 would get given special fastpasses - called Rider Switch passes - and would wait outside the ride (Group 2 do not enter the queue at this time). Once Group 1 has been on the ride, they join up with Group 2 outside the ride. Group 2 would then use their Rider Switch passes (which are special fastpasses) to enter the FP queue and go on the ride.

The whole point of the Rider Switch passes is to allow the second half of the party to quickly go on the ride using the FP entrance without previously having fastpasses.

Whereas at SDMT (and, it seems, only at SDMT), there seems to be a different process in place - as the OP points out. At SDMT only, Group 2 also need fastpasses for the ride in addition to the Rider Switch passes.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:24 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Miss_Tangled View Post
So then in that case, Disney should change their rider policy to say those who are travelling with young children are not allowed to book FP.
I think you are confused. If your party has a child who cannot ride they can go down the FP line if all the other riders in the group have a fastpass and plan to ride. If there are members without a fastpass then the small child can wait with that person outside the fastpass line. If you don't hold a fastpass you should not be able to ride even by child swap going down the fastpass line.

The problem is that people are using 2 FP for a group of 4 to get all.4 to ride by doing the child swap which is unfair to everyone else, 2 FP should mean only 2 people should be riding.

Going via the standby queue it doesn't matter.

Too many people cheating the system..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Conno View Post
People want to game the system and get more quick entry via FP line but without using a FP. Glad they're clamping down on it.
Doesn’t make sense. Rider Switch means you go through the FP regardless of whether the 1st party Q in the normal Q or the FP Q.

It is the latter that is in question.

No one is gaming the system based on your wording.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Doesn’t make sense. Rider Switch means you go through the FP regardless of whether the 1st party Q in the normal Q or the FP Q.

It is the latter that is in question.

No one is gaming the system based on your wording.
I think the point they are trying to make for ‘gaming the system’ is for those in 2nd party who (whilst waiting) could FP on another ride then return and FP for free onto this ride (with rider switch), so are in effect getting 2 FPs for the price of one. Whereas first party use 1 FP for 1 ride only.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I think you are confused. If your party has a child who cannot ride they can go down the FP line if all the other riders in the group have a fastpass and plan to ride. If there are members without a fastpass then the small child can wait with that person outside the fastpass line. If you don't hold a fastpass you should not be able to ride even by child swap going down the fastpass line.

The problem is that people are using 2 FP for a group of 4 to get all.4 to ride by doing the child swap which is unfair to everyone else, 2 FP should mean only 2 people should be riding.

How patronising, yet again another thread gets turned from giving information into a debate on the morals of Disney’s own system.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I hate this argument but what I want to know from those against is if 4 people would like to ride and the child or baby isn't big enough... Who looks after it whilst the others go on?
And then the child has a FP for a ride on it's own as the others have used it on the other ride who goes on the ride to look after the child?
Rider swap used proerly by families who have young children just means that there is a fair system.
I did rider swap for example on FOP my son had Navi river (did I want to go on FOP or Navi river? So I had the Fast pass on Navi (which I didn't want to ride and did a swap with my DH on FOP) ...I got 1 turn and DH got one turn on FOP and I had an extra turn on Navi (which I didn't even want anyway and we shared the seat with others.This was done so my son could enjoy the ride. I really don't understand the loophole particularly in that scenario
They have made it fair now as you have to prove you have a child that can't ride.
The second 'extra fastpass' gained is mainly lower end rides
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

I begrudginlgy agree with this rule. Please dont shoot me down, but we pruposely took advantage of this little loop hole when we last went, as our boy was so small he couldnt go on much we as a couple got 6 fast passes for the price of 3.

I was suprised back then (3+ years ago) that they let us do this. It also worked for character greets, where 1 of us had a fast pass, they would just wave the other through, maybe in that instacne it was because we where all going to have the meet together at the same time.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I hate this argument but what I want to know from those against is if 4 people would like to ride and the child or baby isn't big enough... Who looks after it whilst the others go on?
And then the child has a FP for a ride on it's own as the others have used it on the other ride who goes on the ride to look after the child?
Rider swap used proerly by families who have young children just means that there is a fair system.
I did rider swap for example on FOP my son had Navi river (did I want to go on FOP or Navi river? So I had the Fast pass on Navi (which I didn't want to ride and did a swap with my DH on FOP) ...I got 1 turn and DH got one turn on FOP and I had an extra turn on Navi (which I didn't even want anyway and we shared the seat with others.This was done so my son could enjoy the ride. I really don't understand the loophole particularly in that scenario
They have made it fair now as you have to prove you have a child that can't ride.
The second 'extra fastpass' gained is mainly lower end rides
I know the way some people talk about it using words like cheating, makes me so sad. The Disney moral police angry over nothing strike again!
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
I know the way some people talk about it using words like cheating, makes me so sad. The Disney moral police angry over nothing strike again!
The sad thing is that it is so much more stressful trying to cater to different ages. Hopefully my son will be big enough next time so we will be able to enjoy the experience as a whole family. Martyn321 feels like he has cheated the system yet he and his partner may have had 6 fp's but they weren't able to enjoy the experience together. Would it be fair for one of them to be missing out on the bigger rides in favour of teacups (which has a small wait time anyway)
What bothers me most is that the OP just wanted to warn people who use it not get into a debate about whether it is 'cheating' or not.
For larger families e.g 5 like mine rider swap means that none of us are missing out.

Edited at 10:11 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post

Where would you suggest that the rider switch pass takes you? Into the standard line?

No point in RS then...