Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Dec 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Apparently Rise of the Resistance is not going to be open in early morning hours for onsite guests.

It’s also going down a lot. Apparently, like Hagrid, it’s supposed to be not quite ready but they have to press ahead anyway. It’s been going down a lot in testing and takes a long time to get running again. I know it’s highly complex.

May be seen as entitled, but when you’ve paid all that money to Disney to stay on site, why not open it early morning, then if it has to be down for maintenance, close it a bit during the day?

I was very excited to ride this at Christmas and it looks to be living up to expectations. Of course no Fastpasses as usual for a new ride, but I did expect to have a fighting chance with early morning hours.

I suspect this Xmas could be stupidly busy ( more than normal) with tens of thousands extra brought in on the hype of ROTR which comparatively few will be able to ride. So tens of thousands of extra people, over the Xmas holidays bought into the publicity but unless they queue all day, very little chance. I hope I am wrong.

If you are going over Xmas and staying on site, I’d prepare to be disappointed.
Just to clarify, when you say "disappointed" you mean people might be disappointed because of the length of the queues and the ride's reliability? Not because of the ride itself? I mean, the ride looks fantastic, so I'd hope people wouldn't be disappointed by that.

Several months before Galaxy's Edge opened, everyone was expecting the queues to be huge, especially for RotR. And with RotR opening just before Christmas I think most people expected there to be massive queues for this at Christmas time. We expected the queues to be like those for Hagrid's (10+ hours), with 3+ hour queues just to get into Galaxy's Edge. If that happens, then it'll meet expectations.

If anything I think it's only a disappointment because we've been lulled into the false belief that the queues won't be long because GE hasn't been as busy as expected. Sometimes Disney can't win; people moan when it's not busy and see it as a "failure" and other people moan when it's busy and the queues are long.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

According to reports, It went down after about 60 guests managed the full experience this morning. Its since reopened but the virtual line is now full for the day and its only 9am.

Edited at 03:07 PM.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I'm quite happy to try to get on it and won't be devastated if we don't. It's not as if there isn't anything else worth looking forward to over the holiday period.

We went in August and didn't get on Hagrid, just shrugged shoulders and moved on to another ride.

Same will be for this, going next week, again in March (in time for the new Mickey ride... ) and again in May. As repeat visitors we don't get het up over such tiny details.
Same here. We do that and we're not frequent visitors (or, at least, not frequent compared to some on the DIBB; compared to folks we know in the "real world" we are quite frequent visitors).

We visited when Forbidden Journey hadn't long opened and the queue was long. We just shrugged and said we'd go on it the next time we visited - there was plenty more to see and do. Same when Gringott's opened; we skipped Gringott's and went on Forbidden Journey because the queue at FJ was reasonable by then.

Because of our intolerance to really long lines, I would never expect to get on the latest E-ticket rides when we go. If we are lucky enough to get on them, then that's a happy bonus! I don't ever get disappointed if I don't get on every ride in the parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
According to reports, It went down after about 60 guests managed the full experience this morning. Its since reopened but the virtual line is now full for the day and its only 9am.

Oh dear!

Considering HS is open until 10pm today, I assume that implies that there's a 13 hour virtual queue for RotR.

The "problem" with virtual queues is that you never actually get to see the huge masses of people queuing. Nor does it make you ponder why anyone would join a 5+ hour queue. If it's a virtual 5+ hour queue then it doesn't really count.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I went into MDE from here in UK about 9 this morning which would have been middle of night in Florida. And no virtual line availability at that time. But on day one you wouldn’t expect it. But ride looks amazing so still really excited.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Just read that you need to be in the park to join a boarding queue. That why I couldn’t access.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I believe it was the wise old Bob Chapek who once said, "The deep secret is that we don’t intend to have lines... If you build in enough capacity, the rides don’t go down and it operates at 99% efficiency, you shouldn’t have 10-hour lines. So, 10-hour lines are not a sign of success. It should be seen as a sign of, frankly, failure."

Within 10 minutes of RotR opening it had gone down and it seems it now has at least a 10 hour virtual wait.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 5 Dec 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I strolled into HS at 11:30 and all the boarding groups had already been assigned. People were queuing from 4 am and traffic was backed up on the I4. It’s as busy in here as you’d expect.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh yes the ride looks amazing, it’s not the ride I’m disappointed with, it’s the reported reliability and the fact it’s not open in morning hours, which I saw as my best chance. Wasn’t sure of this virtual queue, although the story above sounds as though that may be an impossibility.
I’ve been reading from insiders it’s reliability is poor and it can take a long time to get going if it breaks.
Hagrid- I also shrugged my shoulders and moved on, but I am much more eager to ride this.
Old 5 Dec 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We popped to the Smugglers Run ride in November. Saw the queue was 50 mins and left it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List