Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Jan 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
UPDATE: DH called ... he spent 22 mins on the call but answered pretty much immediately.
The guy has upgrade DS's ticket at the cost of £20 (well worth it)

He put a note on the system that he isn't really 10 but that it was done for the purpose of Dining Plan upgrade.

Thanks so much to everyone who has answered my questions.

I will wait for MDE to update before I really believe it but lets hope this is sorted now
Excellent, glad you've sorted it. I was told it would take 5-7 working days to show on MDE so don't panic if you can't see it just yet.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
Excellent, glad you've sorted it. I was told it would take 5-7 working days to show on MDE so don't panic if you can't see it just yet.
DH has just got the new invoice through showing 5 x adult ticket and 5 x dining plan 10+. Which is good enough for me

I really didn't think they would do it but am relieved the did.
It's well worth the extra imo.
I am glad that Disney have been fair in allowing customers to do the upgrade.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Booked with my magic and it’s just too expensive for us to upgrade the children.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Booked with my magic and it’s just too expensive for us to upgrade the children.
How much have you been asked for ?
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

We had the free dining but paid to upgrade from the qs. Does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade a child's plan to an adult one please.

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by molly48 View Post
We had the free dining but paid to upgrade from the qs. Does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade a child's plan to an adult one please.
Looking at current prices it would be £20 for the ticket upgrade to adult and then £14 per child per day. Also remember there will be larger tips on adults meals.

It may also be worth looking into upgrading to a deluxe and just paying the £20 depending on how many children and how many days you are going for.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

Upgrade on qsdp from child to adult if you have free dining is £20. Its the difference in Disney park ticket price (as the dining is free).Don't know if it's the same for DDP but presumably would be as Disney park ticket price is same.
If not on free dining the cost is more I believe
Old 4 Jan 20, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Looking at current prices it would be £20 for the ticket upgrade to adult and then £14 per child per day. Also remember there will be larger tips on adults meals.

It may also be worth looking into upgrading to a deluxe and just paying the £20 depending on how many children and how many days you are going for.
Thanks probably not worth it then. She is 5 and will have a 2 year old.

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

£20-30 upgrade per child then £14-£17 day per child. Only five days but still going to be crazy price to upgrade. We obviously won’t upgrade. 🙀 if I knew this was changing when I booked I would have booked all adult meals.
I was planning on using adult QS for some meals like breakfast and splitting. Now I’m not sure how to plan ADRs. I know where I want to eat.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by molly48 View Post
To upgrade the child’s plan to an adult plan is the cost of upgrading the ticket.

However as you have upgraded the QSDP to DDP, you would then need to pay more as it would have only cost you £3 to upgrade child QSDP to child DDP, whereas it costs £17 to upgrade an adult QS to adult DDP.

So in summary it would cost you £20 per child ticket plus £14 per day per child for the upgrade from QSDP to DDP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List