Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jan 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Water park questions

At BB or TL, can you go in and put towels etc down on chairs / loungers and go off to rides / pools or is that frowned upon?

Can you leave stuff (not valuables obvs!) like water / clothes etc and it’s left alone?

Are there lockers around for valuables?

Most important question - what do you do if you need to wear glasses to see anything around you (inc the children) and can’t wear contact lenses... are glasses ok on rides or am I out?
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

There are lockers you can hire near the entrance.

We have often left towels and bags with non valuable odds and ends on loungers and not had any problems with things going missing. Can’t help with the glasses issue as am able to function without mine although ds is quite short sighted and somehow manages without his glasses although not sure just how much he can see. For some of the water park rides he wears prescription swim goggles
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We did, as did lots of other people I don’t think it’s frowned
Upon at waterparks to use the loungers as a base.
Nothing went missing, was just flip flops, cover up dress, towels (free waterpark ones anyway) and suncream anyways so nothing worth taking really. Lockers yes but there is a charge for them I want to say around $15
Can’t comment on the glasses though.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

glasses won't be a problem at disney's waterpark

still, have a strap to attach them around your head or neck

don't underestimate the force of the waves at the wave pool in TL for example
DW had her expensive (sigh) sunglasses on her head, then the wave came ... then we went shopping for new sunglasses ... lol ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Barsberry
New Poster (3)

We stored our valuables in a Pacsafe Anti-Theft Portable Safe in the water parks.

Just tie it to a post or something by your stuff and you don't need a locker...
Barsberry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

As far as personnal stuff go, the answer will also depend on where you stay at, and what you do before/after

we stay at CBBR so dedicated entry to VB and we don't take anything to the park, and I mean nothing at all except what we wear
Going to Disney waterpark would be the same if using a car or disney transportation while staying onsite. Staying offsite would most probably involve a car. Using uber would be the exception not the norm I would think

we have Seawag waterproof pouches (on a lanyard/strap) for the phone, and room key
we go with swim shorts/suit on, and a regular short and T on top, as well as flip flops, all of this very inexpensive ones.

we undress as soon as we find a lounger (arrive early) and leave our clothes on there. We don't care if it's taken, $2 Ts from walmart, if anyone wants them, let them have it, lol
and, in recent years we have replaced to Ts by UV shirts we keep on.

we also leave the shoes by the lounger, and we also leave a couple of towels we took from the room (yeah I lied when I said we didn't take anything) and the sun spray will go under the towel, mainly for direct sun rays ...

to be honest, we don't need a towel ... simply because, when we're doing riding and splashing around, by the time we get back to where our stuff is at ... we're dry ... or it won't take long to dry out

we don't shower or change at the park (yes, I hear you say eww ...) but that's because we directly go back to our hotel for a proper shower and clothes change. I know some would object to that, but as said in introduction it depends on where you stay at. If your hotel is 10 minutes away, it won't make a difference wether we shower at the park or in our hotel room , and that would most probably be cleaner in our room anyway

so, we don't take anything (or close to that) because where we stay at doesn't require that we do, and because we don't go to the parks to lounge around, until we're lobster red on every side ...

I understand not everyone will do or see it that way, but here was just a simple example of what can be done, and show that lockers and all may not always be necessary

you see so many people arrive at the park like they were going on a 3 weeks trip in a third world country and they need to bring everything ...

we used to be like that, now we consider that, the lighter, the better.

the only issue our way wouldn't solve, is for the car keys ... that's the reason we use transportation or go on foot if your hotel allows for that solution

Edited at 11:29 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Both my boys have prescription swimming goggles which cost less than £20, I’d much rather they wear them in the water than their expensive glasses... safer too.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MSG
Trying for More Ears

I had no idea you could get prescription goggles that cheap, can I ask where you got them from please?
MSG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

That is for the tips all.

Any good places to look for prescription goggles? I have terrible eyesight and have to have really expensive glasses with lots of trimmings to be able to see... would love a cheap pair of goggles I could actually use!
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

prescription-swimming-go...imming-goggles

We have used this company numerous times. Most lenses come individually, and just clip into place. So if your Px changes in one eye, you can just change one lense.

Both my boys also have prescription snorkel masks from Amazon, less than £30.

Football/ sports goggles we have to get from the optician. Boots are the cheapest at about £80 (as opposed to the £150+ from specsavers)

My eldest son has a huge astigmatism. His optician recommended to go up a notch for the swimming goggles to compensate. He's -5 so struggles to see anything much at all without his glassess. The swimming goggles literally make swimming possible. They're obviously not as clear as his glasses, but not too bad, and so much easier to replace if/ when they get lost. We're away for a month in August and will be taking 2 pairs each with us!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List