Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NickPytlinski
Proud to wear my Ears

hi, hold out a little for gatwick.

we got 352 return with luggage mid september. depending on dates just keep checking each day to see the fluctuations
Old 22 Jan 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Butterbeer View Post
I just had a thought. So Virgin Atlantic currently have a sale on. Has anyone ever noticed flight prices be cheaper once the 'sale' has finished? I feel like I have read a few people mentioning this in the past, but I'm not sure what threads I read it on, or if they were maybe referring to the holiday price being cheaper after the sale through Virgin Holidays or just flights direct through Virgin Atlantic. I also know there's no way to predict these things, but I have nothing to do today so I'm spending it researching, speculating and hoping
This is what we are hoping - I have also read that the prices sometimes come down after the "sale" and that prices have been cheaper pre-sale. But who's to say it will happen this time, it seems both VA and BA are hiking their prices up this year and it doesn't seem to be just MCO. Had a quick look at Barbados to see if that would be cheaper for November when we want to go away, and those flights weren't as good as I have previously seen them.
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I feel your pain, my dates in May are £1350 today no luggage with Virgin!
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

Mobile

Im really upset - I want to go on holiday, but cant afford it. Oh I will only fly in buisness class😂

Sorry no sympathy from me here. If you want to go that bad then lower your standards and join the rest of us in cattle class!
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Unfortunately I knew (pretty obvious) this would happen with MAN if TC went under.
I’ve been looking at Xmas 2021 with Virgin and the flights for our family would cost currently £800 than I’ve paid for last Xmas and this coming Xmas (booked fly drive with VH, before TC went under).
We need Jet 2 or another player urgently.I don’t fly PE unfortunately as my flights each time in school holidays even before this cost £3500.

Edited at 10:11 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Our son and gf have just booked MAN-MCO Economy Classic for Sep at £550 each. Personally I’d rather pay that than go PE via another airport as I’d suffer 8 or 9 hours of discomfort versus many many more hours of inconvenience and expense travelling to somewhere like Gatwick.

I’ve certainly noticed our preference of PE flights from MAN shoot up in price over the past few months.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
I feel the same. We are looking at LGW to MCO or LHR to MIA and the fares are ridiculous. I have set up fare alerts for both routes and over 3 separate departure dates and just have everything crossed.
Good luck!
I thought at sub £350 in economy hand baggage fare BA in September was pretty good . We have an open jaw LGW MCO back MIA MCO LGW.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Unfortunately I knew (pretty obvious) this would happen with MAN if TC went under.
I’ve been looking at Xmas 2021 with Virgin and the flights for our family would cost currently £800 than I’ve paid for last Xmas and this coming Xmas (booked fly drive with VH, before TC went under).
We need Jet 2 or another player urgently.I don’t fly PE unfortunately as my flights each time in school holidays even before this cost £3500.
I'm not convinced Jet2 are interested in long haul outside of New York but I wonder if JetBlue will spot an opportunity? They're planning to launch Boston and NYC to London - we should start a Dibb campaign for them to come to Manchester!
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

Could you consider an indirect flight to an airport not too far away from Orlando? Tends to be a lot cheaper if you fly somewhere like Tampa and it's only an hour drive at the other end. I think you would still have to fly indirect from Manchester though.
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Darthmickey View Post
Im really upset - I want to go on holiday, but cant afford it. Oh I will only fly in buisness class😂
I agree with your basic theme, but I have to disagree with the concept of PE being business class. It is nowhere near a proper Biz offering. Light years away in fact.

I've never understood why people get so hung up on PE it really isn't that great a product.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List