Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Jan 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Dummy FastPass

Hi I have booked a hotel and tickets package direct with Disney and was trying to do a dummy run with fastpasses but it’s saying my tickets aren’t linked but when I click on my tickets on the app it shows them. Can I not do a dummy run because they are part of a package with Disney?
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Nope. You will have to wait until 60 days before check in. That is when the tickets become available and FP+ will work.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Honestly you don’t need to do a dummy run. It’s so easy! I was worried about doing it too and wanted a practice run but there was no need. When your window opens you go into your plans click on add a fastpass, then choose the people in your party that you want to book for. Then it will ask you to choose your day, then park and then a list of all the available rides come up. You click on the ride, then choose your time, confirm and done! There was a guide on here somewhere that I glanced at but it was simple in the end
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Unfortunately, if you have a onsite hotel and tickets package then you can't do a dummy run. You have to wait until after 12pm 60 days before your check in date before you can attempt to book any fastpasses.

There is a tutorial in the DIBB's guidebook here:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Fas...al-p-1393.html

But that was last updated in 2015 so I suspect it's not up to date and doesn't accurately reflect the current system.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Hi I have booked a hotel and tickets package direct with Disney and was trying to do a dummy run with fastpasses but it’s saying my tickets aren’t linked but when I click on my tickets on the app it shows them. Can I not do a dummy run because they are part of a package with Disney?
I was going to ask the exact same question!

Have never had the 60 day benefit before so went in to check last night if everything was set up for us. Knew the Dibb would give me the answer
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Honestly you don’t need to do a dummy run. It’s so easy! I was worried about doing it too and wanted a practice run but there was no need. When your window opens you go into your plans click on add a fastpass, then choose the people in your party that you want to book for. Then it will ask you to choose your day, then park and then a list of all the available rides come up. You click on the ride, then choose your time, confirm and done! There was a guide on here somewhere that I glanced at but it was simple in the end
Is it best to use a phone app or a PC web browser? also when you click on the ride does it show you all the times available or do you need to put a time in first? Haven't done it for a couple of years and staying on site this time for first half of trip. Particularity interested in getting an evening FOP? any tips on strategy gratefully received!
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TB it depends, sometimes the app sometimes desktop, Disney has some of the glitchiest IT I've ever used! No won't give you all the times, your options will be: Morning,Afternoon,Evening or a particular time.
For the likes of FOP, if booking for 14 days, you are normally day 4/5, the first 2 days can be a bit hit & miss with timings as you are hitting everyone else's FP window but we've generally never had a problem later in our window. Go for the ones you definitely want first, work backwards if need be.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinklebell View Post
Is it best to use a phone app or a PC web browser? also when you click on the ride does it show you all the times available or do you need to put a time in first? Haven't done it for a couple of years and staying on site this time for first half of trip. Particularity interested in getting an evening FOP? any tips on strategy gratefully received!
Try app or website, it could be either one that works better for you. I can only book ADRs in the +10 window on the app, other people can only do it on the website. I have usually been able to book fastpasses on either.

It is about three clicks to book a fastpass and it will be obvious what you need to do, no need to practice with dummy bookings.

I would work out what dates / times you want 7DMT, Slinky Dog and FOP and book these first. These will be the only ones that will be trickier to get, unless Smugglers Run is proving difficult too, I haven’t seen much about that yet so don’t know. I find 7DMT is available from second day onwards and SDD / FOP from about day 3 or 4 onwards. Evening fastpasses are easier to get than morning ones.

Once those are booked, go back and book everything else, I start back at the beginning and do it in chronological order, there is no need to work backwards although you can if you want.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

That's all fab advice. Thank you!
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List