Link to this Post

Third Time's A Charm - Day Eleven - Rest Day

An early start to a rest day

Again, appologies for the delay!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Day Eleven – 19/09/2009 – Rest Day

So today was our long awaited breakfast at Ohana with Lilo and Stitch (not the cats as they were nearly 5000 miles away at home) and their friends who turned out to be Pluto and the big mouse man himself, Mickey! We had originally booked this breakfast for the morning of my birthday as Stitch is my favourite Disney character, but there was no way that we would have been able to do both on one day even if we had have gotten the earliest seating at Ohana.

The breakfast was AMAZING, and totally made up for the not very enjoyable evening that we had had at the Poly the night before at Spirit of Aloha. We actually asked for the recipe for the pineapple bread because we both loved it so much! As I am sure that you know the breakfast is served family style and was served with jungle juice and coffee which were kept filled nicely and our server was lovely. Seriously, she was like the polar opposite of the one from last night!

Here are some pictures from breakfast…

I am taking this moment to point out that Pluto that day was an utter flirt and made me blush!

As we were on wind down except from a couple more park days for bit of a restful end to the holiday, it was back to the hotel where we sorted out the washing, put swimming costumes on and headed down to the pool via the laundry room!

When it comes to swimming I am exceptionally competitive, and challenged mum to some races which I won, and didn’t rub in mum’s face, at all! Mum soon gave in and went to lay in the sun whilst I carried on in the pool for a bit longer, challenging a foolish American teenager to handstands… I won that too, won’t these people learn that I am actually Ariel in a fat suit (where is my Eric? !) and turn into a mermaid in water?! Mum joined me in the whirlpool after she had swapped the washing into the tumble driers before we went back to the room to shower and dress, again via the laundry room to pick up our now clean and dry washing!

Neither of us were hungry after stuffing ourselves silly at breakfast, I went down to the shop and brought some snacks with our credits (puffy Cheetos) and we had some cans of drinks in our room which we grazed on over the course of the afternoon whilst watching television.

The rest of the evening, mum wasn’t feeling too well with an upset stomach so I headed down to Mara for my usual – a bacon cheese burger and chips with onions on the side from the mini fixin’ bar and a sprite!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Pluto looks very content!
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Nice day and photos.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 11, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List