Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Nov 14, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Oct 2014 - We're off to see the wizard...Day 0...Travel to the airport and hotel stay

Well unfortunately our once in a lifetime trip to the happiest place on earth has come to an end We had such an amazing time and I cant wait to share our experiences with the dibb. I am so looking forward to getting started on this trip report, hopefully somebody other than myself will read it, but the main reason for writing this up is so that we can look back over our amazing first trip and enjoy all of the wonderful memories. I'll be including the not so perfect bits too, we had a couple of niggles and issues but they were all part of our experience. Here is the link to the pre-trip report that i did throughout the run up to our holiday

We're off to see the wizard - pre trip report

Here goes...

It was finally time! I skipped out of work on Thursday 2nd October with the biggest smile on my face knowing that I wouldn't be back for nearly a month! Is there a better feeling?

We were off to the airport the next day so I finished off some packing, mostly the bits that we had ended up buying in the last couple of days. We were taking Four suitcases out that were packed with Two empty ones and a large empty holdall in anticipation of all the wonderful goodies that we would be bringing back home

I emptied the fridge of any last bits and nipped to get some essentials in for Toms sister who would be staying with Sparrow (our dog) whilst we were away. I fitted in an eyebrow wax whilst exchanging some reall life money for the first day. We had a hairdresser come to the house too, she gave all Three of us a good cut ready for our jollies but it took forever! I was far to excited to cook (and we had nothing in ) so we headed down to Wetherspoons for curry night. We had a nice tea, a drink or two to get in the holiday spirit and chatted about the next couple of weeks. We were home nice and early as poor Aaron still had One more day left in school!

Day 0

We all slept surprisingly well considering how excited we were. Aaron was up and ready for school in no time. He just had One last thing to do before we dropped him off...

Officially just One more sleep to go

Aaron was shipped off to school and Tom went off to the gym practically crying that it would be the last time he could go for a month Sam nipped out and came back with goodies from starbucks and Greggs In the mean time I settled down to doing absolutely nothing! After months and months of planning I decided to enjoy today and relax! Our lovely friend Kelly arrived to do our holiday nails for us. I cant wear nail varnish for work so I went all out while I could and got glittery girly ones.

By time we were done Tom was back. We had showers and got ready to go. Tom got the car packed while we went to drop Sams car off at our mums. when we got there Tom rang panicking that the cases wouldn't fit with us in the car too I left him to it and he turned up for us about half an hour later, cases all squished in nicely

It was about 2 o'clock now so we went to the school to pick Aaron up. We are so lucky that our headmistress completely approved our holiday and as it happened it was her who let me in through the front door. I hadn't told Aaron that I'd be getting him early and he was playing out when we went down to his class. I had an nice chat with his teacher and headteacher who seemed just as excited as us about the trip! We practically bounced out of the school

A quick stop at home so Aaron could get changed and to give Auntie Alex the keys etc and we were on our way! A pit stop at Nana Edd's where she gave us a little gift of some extra spends which was lovely. Aaron was given some pocket money for his wands that he so desperately wanted too which was great. I couldn't wait to get going, I was so desperate to get on the road!

Sat-nav on, off to Manchester to find our Hotel for the night. We had a room booked at Bewleys in the hope of sleeping better knowing we were over the road. The traffic was light and we were soon parking up and checking in for the night. The hotel is lovely and right over the rad from the terminals. I'd read mixed reviews in the week before we left but we were really impressed with our room. It had a lovely big bathroom and the noise was minimal.

We relaxed and watched a bit of T.V for a while. I checked us in on-line as it hadn't been working earlier for some reason. We were going to the Trafford Centre for the evening, so got freshened up and hit the road. It was only a 20 minute drive before we were there. We browsed in a couple of shops (mainly the Disney shop - we had to get our practice in didn't we!) We decided on Las Iguanas for tea in the end, mainly because it was happy hour!

We had an amazing first meal of the holiday! Our server was fantastic, he was really attentive and kept the cocktails flowing I can't really remember what we all had but I know we all enjoyed everythig and that by the end I think myself and Sam had gotten through about 8 cocktails each, oops The manager gave us a discount on our bill to thank us for our custom I really don't know why he did this, but we were very happy to pay a measly £70 and a generous tip.

We played in the arcade for a while before browsing in a couple more shops. We headed back to the hotel and decided to have a coffee in the bar before heading up to bed. Tom had a couple of pints as he'd been deprived at dinner as he was the driver

Off to bed we went, it must of taken the best part of Two hours before Aaron finally settled! Tom wasn't far behind him Samantha and I on the other hand just couldn't settle at all. I had a few hours all together and gave up in the end and dibbed! Through the night the weather gradually got worse and it was really quite stormy by time morning arrived, thank god we were saying goodbye to English weather for a while!

Edited at 11:47 AM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 14, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great start, have a magical time x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Good start! You must have been there for some of the same time as us, we arrived on the 9th.

BTW, I can't get the link to your pre-trip to work

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading more.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 14, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Thanks for the replies I think I've sorted the link for the pre-trip report now, thank you for letting me know I hadn't even realised

Off to tackle Day 1 now
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 14, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

I love the excitement of pre travel day and getting het holiday started early.

Looking forward to reading more
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start

Joan
Old 15 Mar 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Thankyou! I hope everyone is enjoying it
Old 16 Mar 15, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Its not a holiday without some cheeky cocktails the night before !

Looking forward to reading more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 15, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Looking forward to reading the rest
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 15, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What a lovely start Loving the cocktail action!
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List