Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Apr 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 19 - Magic Kingdom 'The Perfect Day'

Here is a link to my pre-trip report and previous days:

Index - Pre-trip report and previous days

Up in our own time today. We had cereal and juice and the three of them had a lazy pool morning while I started on the packing! It was horrible and I cried I couldn't believe that our time here was coming to an end already. I managed to sort out all of our purchases and we had one suitcase that was completely Lego, oops.

We got dressed and showered and Tom decided that he was well enough to come with us after all. What a wimp haha. Anyway we wanted something different for lunch and I suggested Sweet Tomatoes. I'd read good things about it and it did not disappoint. We all had big plates of salad then helped ourselves to potatoes, pizza, garlic bread etc. It was all absolutely delicious and so cheap! We had free refills and desserts too. If we go back to Florida then this would be a popular choice for us.

All stuffed and we headed out to Magic Kingdom. This ended up being one of our favourite days, where everything must falls into place.
We were parked up in Zurg within15 minutes and waiting for the tram. We realised once we got off the tram that it would've been quicker to walk and that we would just do that later on. We used the monorail today and before we knew it we were back in the most magical place on earth

We had lots of pictures taken on Main Street and around the castle. We really soaked up the atmosphere today and tried not to rush as much.

We all picked one must do for the day, and our only aim was to get these done. Up first was to ride Prince Charming's carrousel, courtesy of Samantha.

We really enjoyed this, it was so magic-y!

Next up was Mums choice, watch the afternoon parade and wave to the princesses! So off we went toward Splash Mountain to get a spec. It started about 10 minutes later and we had a lovely spot in the shade. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the others. It was so lively and magical all at once.

Next up was to use our first FP of the day which was for Aaron's must do of the day, Splash Mountain! The standby line was massive so it was with smug faces that we walked down the FP line. We got the usual soaking but soon dried off.

That just leave dad, and his must do today was to get a dole whip! Well I wasn't going to argue with that. The queue was massive but we waited happily and chatted to the people around us who were asking lots of questions about England and we explained the correct use of a roundabout lol.

While tom and I queued, Samantha took Aaron on Aladdin's flying carpets and then to explore the treehouse. Aaron got a coke float here too which he enjoyed and helped him to keep cool. This is one of my favourite photos from the whole holiday.

Next up was a quick dash through to fantasyland to use our FP for Peter pans flight. We enjoyed it but much prefer the Paris version. The queues for it were 90 minutes which I really struggle to understand. I suppose there's less choice if your kids are smaller.

We did philarmagic again next and it was as magical as the first time. It had no wait either which made it that much better. We strolled through the rest of fantasyland and looked in the Beauty and the Beast shop and used the loos here, they were nice and fancy.
The last FP of the day was for SM so we walked down to tomorrow land. We rode this and Aaron loved it once again, he was historical laughing at me and Sam screaming.

Since we had used our FP's for the day I thought that I'd book us another one at the kiosk. In the meantime the three of them went to giggle in Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. I queued up but when I went to book them the CM could only find myself and one other person linked on the account. For some reason all four of us weren't there and he therefore dismissed me and said there was nothing he could do. Before I had a chance to question it or get my login details out he called the next person forward!

Anyway I waited for the others and when they were back we queued again and managed to get what we wanted, a FP for buzz! Aaron was so happy lol. The park was really busy tonight so the stand by queue was well over an hour here. We had some drinks then used of FP. I don't have notes to say who won, so we can just assume it was me.

The plan tonight was to get a proper place on the floor by the castle ready for the parade and wishes.

We walked round and got one of the last kerb spots! It was so early too. First thing to pass by was the move it shake it parade, this was good fine and light hearted. We had a great spot right in the hub and tom and I were despatched to find food and drink.

We split up and Tom went to Starbucks for frappachinos and lattes, I went to Casey’s corner for hotdogs. The queue was huge but I got talking to a girl in front of me who was a CM in another park and was visiting to watch wishes. She really loved her job!

I got four hotdogs, a plain one with mustard for Aaron, one with onions and ketchup for Samantha and two with pulled pork and coleslaw for me and Tom. They were huge and came with fries! I was panicking about borrowing a tray but the CM assured me that it was fine and that people just leave them on top of the bins to be collected later on. I struggled back to them with my tray and we got stuck in. I'll never forget the magical feeling of the build-up that night. The castle changing colour and the crowds building.

The next couple of hours consisted of the electrical parade which I love, but god that music! I can hear it now lol.

Once it was finished everyone stood up and we watched the projection show before wishes. Aaron loved watching Tinkerbell fly over the castle too. Wishes was amazing, and it was so worth getting there early to make a night if it and have a good spot.

The crowds were manic as usual with everyone trying to get up Main Street at the same time.

We decided that as we were right next to it that we would go back into tomorrow land and ride Space Mountain to let the crowds disperse a bit. The wait time was 25 minutes and we happily waited. The ride was just as good this time, though not my favourite roller coaster!

We made our way up a still busy Main Street once we were done. We hadn't even thought about the second parade! Oh well, we wandered in some shops on the way out and I bought a Christmas bauble for our friends baby that had arrived early while we were away. We were waiting for the monorail for ever! I know it feels longer at the end of the night because you are tired but I think one of them needed to be cleaned so it delayed all of them as none were coming at all. Eventually back at the TTC and made the short walk to the car.

We were knackered but had had the most wonderful Disney day. It was one of those days that you dream about when you're planning.

Edited at 05:20 PM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Fabulous. It made me feel happy for you all. Know what you mean about that light parade music!
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 15, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Loved this trip report! I have sat here all afternoon and read it from start to finish! I've added to my must-do's for our upcoming trip! Your son is a handsome chap and very photogenic. I can't wait to read the last few days.

Thank you for sharing your amazing holiday xx
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 15, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Glad Tom got over his man flu

Great day at MK. Love that you each had a must do! What a fab idea for your last full day!

Aww what a perfect night – great way to end your holiday!

xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 15, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fantastic day

Joan