Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Jan 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Half board at Seq Lodge or Newport bay?

Hi all,

Usually do GF at seq lodge but the half board prices are looking better value. Is the food better at one than the other. We will be having bfast and dinner each day.

Thanks
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I thought breakfast was better at newport bay. You can eat in either for your evening meal. We've just booked for Dec at newport bay as I think it's a nicer hotel.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

If you have half board plus (which you get when booking SL or NB) you don't have to use your lunch/dinner voucher in the hotel. You can use it at various buffet and table services restaurants across the parks, village and hotels.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks guys. For us with kids under 3 it suits us to be back at the hotel for an early dinner, then baths and pjs etc.

I need to have a look and see what the buffet menus are like. I’m guessing pretty similar.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve been pondering the exact same question OP! I’m leaning towards Newport Bay as the breakfast buffet looks like it has more options for my fussy two (based on a few Youtube videos!) and we’ve never stayed there. We have only ever done Sequoia Lodge GF in the past and we really liked it. I’m just in two minds about whether we’ll miss the extra Fastpass (going first week of summer holidays!) but the upgrade to GF is considerably more than I remember paying last time.🙁

Edited at 07:00 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
I’ve been pondering the exact same question OP! I’m leaning towards Newport Bay as the breakfast buffet looks like it has more options for my fussy two (based on a few Youtube videos!) and we’ve never stayed there. We have only ever done Sequoia Lodge GF in the past and we really liked it. I’m just in two minds about whether we’ll miss the extra Fastpass (going first week of summer holidays!) but the upgrade to GF is considerably more than I remember paying last time.🙁
It’s about £300 more than I paid last time and I’m looking at the beginning of Nov! I love SLGF, have done 3 stays there but the cost isn’t worth it for me at this time. It’s seems like they are charging the dining plan rate on top of GF but not taking Into account you are already getting breakfast 🤷
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
It’s about £300 more than I paid last time and I’m looking at the beginning of Nov! I love SLGF, have done 3 stays there but the cost isn’t worth it for me at this time. It’s seems like they are charging the dining plan rate on top of GF but not taking Into account you are already getting breakfast 🤷
It’s £356 on top for my dates, I think I’m with you that it’s not worth it. They are supposed to have accounted for the fact that breakfast is already included but it doesn’t seem that way does it?
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Breakfast at NPB is really good, loads of choice. That would swing it for me. You can always eat elsewhere in the evening and still be back in the room in 10 min.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List