Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Jan 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanksgiving in New York

I have a week off in November and DH has suggested we go to New York, of course I have agreed that is a great idea! We have been before, twice in the summer and once between Christmas & New Year, but just wondered if anyone has been there for Thanksgiving and what you did, what the weather was like and how busy was it?
I'm thinking that we will book a restaurant for a Thanksgiving dinner, but have also see there are Dinner Cruises you can do which we haven't tried before.
We have been with the children before, but this time will be just the 2 of us so any recommendations for nice restaurants & bars will be appreciated!
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We had a 6 night stay in New York in November 2018 and we left for home on thanksgiving.

The time leading up to that day wasn’t particularly busy, even though we had nothing to compare it to as it was our first visit to New York.

Thanksgiving day was quite busy, we reserved a place in a virtual queue for Juniors from our hotel and we are glad we did because when we arrived they were advising walk ins as an hour wait for a table.

A big plus was we got to see the Macy’s parade which was really good!

I do have a trip report which is in my signature.

Edited at 09:29 AM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were there over Thanksgiving 2019. Absolutely loved it. I did a little report,take a look. Sorry dont know how to post a link.
We reserved Thanksgiving dinner at Hardrock as 2 of my 3 children dont like cooked dinner, it was fab. Would go again that time of year again
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went 2018. I did a mini TR Sorry cant link but if you search posts by me you will find it

We had a fantastic time, places decorating for Christmas. Christmas markets open, and the black Friday sales! We did all the sights. It was extremely busy in the few days over thanksgiving and very cold.

Macys parade was good we saw most of it but it was up to minus 9 at times that morning and I have never been so cold despite multiple layers! We actually had to admit defeat before it finished it actually goes on for a couple of hours. I felt so sorry for all the dancers, etc scantily clad. It was however noted that this was a record low temperature and on a high it was beautifully clear for sight seeing.

We booked a meal at Philip Marie for a traditional thanksgiving dinner which we really enjoyed. it was lovely everyone wishing each other Happy Thanksgiving, we really enjoyed our trip.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you everyone for your replies! I’ll have a look at your reports, but think it’ll be getting booked asap!
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve booked for thanksgiving this year, flying out on the 25th and back on the 28th, would have liked longer but restrictive a/l as using most of it when we go to Florida. We’re taking the kids, will be 14 & nearly 13 as they have a few training days. They don’t know, we’ve been before but they haven’t and keep asking to go and will be part of their Xmas present!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

I have always wanted to do a Dinner Cruise so I will vote for that.

If you want something quite nice, there's Tavern on the Green in Central Park.