Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 28 Jan 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LiggyB
Helping Mickey

LiggyB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
JFK to Times Square

Hi, what's the best way for getting from the airport to our hotel in Times Square. There are four of us (youngest is 16) and will be hand luggage only.

We arrive at 7.30pm on a Weds evening, and fly home at 1745 on Sat teatime.

Thanks

Playacar, Mexico 2019
New York, Feb 2020
LiggyB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LiggyB View Post
Hi, what's the best way for getting from the airport to our hotel in Times Square. There are four of us (youngest is 16) and will be hand luggage only.

We arrive at 7.30pm on a Weds evening, and fly home at 1745 on Sat teatime.

Thanks
Just jump in a yellow cab at the airport. There is a set price to Manhattan, we are a family of 5 kids aged 17,13 and 9,we all fitted in one in November. We stayed in Brooklyn this time but on our last visit think cab into Manhattan was around $70.
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hollypop
Very Serious Dibber

I would take a taxi, especially when you arrive. I was there last week and it was $70 each way (including tolls and tips). The yellow taxis are regulated - the guy doing the assignments on my way out checked the taxi code and wouldn't let me get in the first available one because the driver didn't have some documentation in place. They're safe and easy to use.

Heads up though if any of you get a bit travel sick to take a pill about an hour before the end of your flight - all the taxi rides in NYC make me feel a bit sick with the stopping and starting! A pill sorts me out though
hollypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
we used the air train to Jamaica then long island railroad but you could take the subway but with 4 people a cab is way less hassle

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Just jump in a yellow cab at the airport. There is a set price to Manhattan, we are a family of 5 kids aged 17,13 and 9,we all fitted in one in November. We stayed in Brooklyn this time but on our last visit think cab into Manhattan was around $70.
this given the arrival time as well

regardless i would be taxiing its $52 + tolls + tip as above usually @$70 door to door
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We came back from New York this morning..our fifth time being there.
It was the first time we ever took the air train..it was really good ...air train from JFK to Jamaica ..then the Metro to Times square...it was so easy and cheap..wish we had done it other times.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List