Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 26 Oct 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Don’t know which fast passes to chose in each park

Hi guys, any tips for which fast passes to use in each park and what shows/parades to definitely see first time at wdw. With partner and toddler
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi there 😁 first time that’s very exciting! It really does depend on what sort of rides you like and if you and your partner will do some of the bigger rides that your toddler can’t!
In my opinion animal kingdom flights of passage, safaris and Everest are all good fastpasses! I don’t fastpass the two shows there as you don’t really need it and to me a waste of a fastpass! However both the lion king show and finding Nemo are both great shows!

Hollywood studios is a little harder now the fastpass tiers have changed. I usually pick rock and roller coaster star tours and toy story mania but this isn’t possible now. Again I wouldn’t fastpass any shows here as you will most likely always be able to get in to see them!

Epcot I pick between soaring and test track. The other options again don’t normally need fastpasses but I usually go with living with the land or mission space! Nemo is pretty much always a walk on!

Magic kingdom it really does depend! We pick the 3 mountains for our fastpasses however seven dwarf mine train, Peter Pan and winnie the Pooh do get longer waits!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As above but It also depends on when you are going . We make fp but probably only use 50% as plans change daily for various reasons .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Hi there 😁 first time that’s very exciting! It really does depend on what sort of rides you like and if you and your partner will do some of the bigger rides that your toddler can’t!
In my opinion animal kingdom flights of passage, safaris and Everest are all good fastpasses! I don’t fastpass the two shows there as you don’t really need it and to me a waste of a fastpass! However both the lion king show and finding Nemo are both great shows!

Hollywood studios is a little harder now the fastpass tiers have changed. I usually pick rock and roller coaster star tours and toy story mania but this isn’t possible now. Again I wouldn’t fastpass any shows here as you will most likely always be able to get in to see them!

Epcot I pick between soaring and test track. The other options again don’t normally need fastpasses but I usually go with living with the land or mission space! Nemo is pretty much always a walk on!

Magic kingdom it really does depend! We pick the 3 mountains for our fastpasses however seven dwarf mine train, Peter Pan and winnie the Pooh do get longer waits!
Ok thanks what about the animal kingdom show with the lights on the river or something seen it online
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Shaz313 View Post
Hi guys, any tips for which fast passes to use in each park and what shows/parades to definitely see first time at wdw. With partner and toddler
Magic Kingdom. I fastpass the mountains usually but your toddler might not be tall enough for them. 7DMT is probably the tamest of the mountain rides. Peter Pan has long queues so I sometimes FP that. Other rides for smaller people, it’s a small world, Winnie the Pooh, teacups. We don’t bother with shows too much but we have caught the afternoon parade a couple of times.

Animal Kingdom. We FP Flight of Passage and Everest, but again you might have the height restrictions. The safari might be a good one to book and we quite like it’s Tough to be a bug, which is a show. The River of Lights is a bit marmite, I have seen quite a few people say it I see boring, I am in that camp, it wouldn’t hold my interest for ninety seconds.

Hollywood Studios. A bit tricky at the moment as they have put some extra restrictions on recently, hopefully they will revert once the nw Star Wars ride is up and running.

Epcot. I always choose Frozen as my tier 1 ride.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ok thanks what about the animal kingdom show with the lights on the river or something seen it online
You can get into the show without a FP. I dont like to waste a fastpass on this as once you've used your first 3 fastpasses you can get more however if you FP the evening show it means you cant get anymore. If your desperate to see it then you can FP but just turn up slightly earlier and you will be fine.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

no need to waste a FP on this, it has a huge seating capacity, so just show up a good 1/2 hour before the show
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
MK- SWMT, 3 mountains and usually 1 for PP- we usually go fr 2-3 days, We often double up on the mountains/ SWMT on both days- Even with young kids we tend to choose the thrill rides and child swap-

AK- FOP if possible, safari , Everest and more recently 1 for Kali river (I'm not a fan but my 4yr son loves it) Again we usually go over 2 days- Navi r=River is nice for young kids - Lion King show is a must do

HS- First choice Slinky- previous then we would get TOT and RocR- Now I'd prob choose Slinky, Star Tours and ? Beauty and the Beast/frozen) neither you really need)

Epcot- TT or Frozen ( usually one of each over 2 days)+ mission space and spaceship earth- We then rope drop soarin - everything usually shortish queues-
We don't tend to use fast passes for characters as we do character meals but these can be worth getting if you have younger kids

Do not miss HEA MK fireworks, We also feel we need to see the MK parade at least once. River of lights is our least favourite night show but still enjoyable. epcot and HS night time offerings are all very good too- but HEA is the not to miss show. With a toddler late nights can be tough.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

This is a very handy thread - we’re going to have a look at rides with the children over the Christmas holidays and start to put together a bit of a wish list for our first trip (ages away, but it’s fun planning!) We’re mostly ride wimps, so anything that might suit a toddler should suit us!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List