Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Any decent travel agent should have access to the Timitac2 website which has every possible visa requirement for every type of travel document for every country worldwide and is updated daily. The UK Government does not tell airlines when other countries change their entry requirements. Casing point is that Spain has in the last 2 weeks added that those people travelling on a Titre de Voyage now need a visa. We only found out as we always check non EU passports and had to denied several people travel as they didn't have a visa.

Edited at 10:20 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Well you could report it.
Report what? I don’t see anything like what the poster described so nothing for me to report. I was suggesting if the poster was upset by some replies then they should report the posts concerned.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
Report what? I don’t see anything like what the poster described so nothing for me to report. I was suggesting if the poster was upset by some replies then they should report the posts concerned.
Did you not say if you had an issue with the posts you could report it. I was backing you up.
But perhaps using your post, reading again, makes it look that I was asking you to report. That was not my intention, so apologies from me
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taz123 View Post
Thank you. That’s exactly how I felt.

Hopefully to stop the comments, I would just like to clarify, as Mick said, he had just posted the link, so no I hadn’t seen it.

But I had no reason to question my information. A) it was a new requirement to tell customers from 2016, the same tine the biometric passport rule came in. B) A customer of mine was refused entry and I was told due to passport validity and C) when I booked my holiday for this year with VHols,i was given the same info as I used to say including 6 months is required. So why would I check facts before posting? To me there was no reason to question it. As soon I realised I was misinformed I apologised but the backlash has continued. I’m shocked and pretty upset to be honest.

I haven’t been nasty or aggressive. I took down the post when asked and still the snide comments continue. I’m sure this is a knowledgeable forum but and the info on here is invaluable, but it doesn’t cost anything to be nice. I think it’s probably a bit clicky for me here to be honest, which is a shame as we’re all here because we love Disney.

Once again, as it’s obviously fallen on deaf ears, I apologise.
Hi Taz, I don't think others meant to make you uncomfortable, it was likely a sharp intake of breath moment as this issue rears it's head a fair bit, unfortunately often as a result of travel agents giving incorrect info to UK passport holders. Duchy is a former travel agent, one aware of the rules re pp validity and advised her knowledge to a family buying a US holiday. Her Supervisor insisted she was wrong and rang the family, advising all needed to reapply for pp's and ESTA, her ignorance and refusal to read the official line cost that family unnecessary expense.

Don't stop posting, in general they're a canny, very helpful, lot on here, going to a lot of lengths to help others if need be, they research and generally ensure info is correct. The tips and a myriad of money saving ideas (car parking, hotel, train, flights, car hire (Andy DFCH)) is limitless and worth reading. You'll find more info here than you can shake a stick at
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Taz, I don't think others meant to make you uncomfortable, it was likely a sharp intake of breath moment as this issue rears it's head a fair bit, unfortunately often as a result of travel agents giving incorrect info to UK passport holders. Duchy is a former travel agent, one aware of the rules re pp validity and advised her knowledge to a family buying a US holiday. Her Supervisor insisted she was wrong and rang the family, advising all needed to reapply for pp's and ESTA, her ignorance and refusal to read the official line cost that family unnecessary expense.

Don't stop posting, in general they're a canny, very helpful, lot on here, going to a lot of lengths to help others if need be, they research and generally ensure info is correct. The tips and a myriad of money saving ideas (car parking, hotel, train, flights, car hire (Andy DFCH)) is limitless and worth reading. You'll find more info here than you can shake a stick at
This is so true, if I need to find out anything I will ask on here rather than Facebook, TA (apart from the likes of My magic Holidays from what I have seen on here), or the man in the street. I know that people generally people know the information.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List