Notices

Old 26 Jan 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Quick service restaurants

Its finally time to talk about food! I’ve taken a lot of time to sort through restaurants for this years plan. I think its down to the fact that we will be eating both on and offsite. I’m going to start off with the most simple of the restaurants and that will be quick service. I wont be putting them in the actual plan but its good to have an idea of where we could eat when we are in the parks.

I went through all the restaurants in Disney and put all the quick services restaurants into a table sorted by park. I have ignored all the food trucks and snack carts as I'm only interested in the places we can get a full meal.

If you can see any I've missed then please let me know! I have also highlighted where I've have eaten before. I was hoping this would help me to make a few more decisions especially when it comes to the table service meals as it seems we keep picking all the places we/I have been before.

Animal kingdom:

-Flame tree BBQ
-Harambe Market
-Satu’ll canteen
-Yak and Yeti
-Harambe Fruit market
-Pizzafari
-Restaurantosaurus

-Flame tree BBQ is a great quick service meal. We have eaten here before so its not a must do. Unfortunately the huge birds that hang around while you eat put Ryan off his food when we ate here in September. The prices are also slightly higher compared to other quick service meals and while its a great use of a quick service credit on the dining plan I think there are better places we can have a counter service meal.

-Harambe market is somewhere I hadn't thought about eating before. Its only a smaller menu but there are a few interesting things on there. Its reasonably priced for a quick service meal too with most things being $11 or under. This is one of the few places we haven't eaten in animal kingdom so I'm keen to put this on our list to try.

-Satu’ll canteen is just amazing! I’ve eaten here a couple of times and I really enjoy the food. I think for the size portions you get its a good quick service and previously me and Ryan ordered two different entrees and shared which worked perfectly. This is a must on our list of quick service eats.

-Yak and Yeti is mine and Ryan's favourite quick service in Animal Kingdom maybe even overall. Its a great meal and the prices are pretty standard for quick service. We cant go to Animal Kingdom and not eat here so its on our list.

-Harambe fruit market is a lovely little market stall. It doesn't do main meals its more of a snack place. I’ve had food from here multiple times. The do a really nice fruit selection funnily enough and its quite good value. Not an overly important place to eat so isn't on our must do list.

-Pizzafari is another place I haven't thought about eating before. I have never read the best reviews of this place and everyone knows that Disney isn't great with pizza. I kind of want to eat here as its a new place to eat but I think it would be a waste. Please let me know if anyone absolutely loves this place and thinks its a big must do.

-Restaurantosarus is another place we haven't eaten and the final one on my list for animal kingdom. Again It's somewhere I haven't heard the greatest reviews from. The menu looks pretty average quick service fair which is another reason I haven't added it to my list. Again if anyone feels we really need to eat here please let me know.

Next up hollywood studios:

-Backlot express
-ABC commissary
-Fairfax fare
-Pizzerias
-Pizzarizzo
-Woodys lunchbox
-Catalina eddies

We've only eaten at one quick service place at Hollywood Studios. It doesn't have the best options for food both quick service or table service in my opinion.

-ABC commissary is somewhere I've had on my list a few times but never got the chance to eat here. Every time I walked past we had already eaten or leaving the park. There appears to be a few good things on the menu so this is somewhere we could definitely try.

-Backlot express I have eaten here before. Its standard quick service fare. If we fancy a burger we could eat here but I’m not going to put it as a must eat as I dont think its anything special here.

-Fairefax fare has some different things on the menu. I cant remember if I've eaten here or not the name sounds familiar but I dont recognise the menu at all. I have put this on the to eat list as I would like to try a few places in hollywood this time.

-Pizzaeria and Pizzarizzo I’m putting together. Both pizza places and my feelings are the same as Pizzafari. We wont be eating here.

-Woodys lunchbox is somewhere I've heard a few people mention and get mixed reviews. There aren't many things on the menu but I really want to eat here. I seriously want the chocolate hazelnut tart and the totchos. This is on the must eats list.

-Catalina Eddies also doesn't seem very interesting. There are few things on the menu all of which dont seem very exciting. I doubt we will eat either.

Epcot time:

-Electric umbrella
-La cantina de san angel
-Lotus blossom
-Regal eagle
-Sunshine seasons
-Tangerine cafe

-Electric umbrella is the only quick service I have eaten at in Epcot. We mostly eat around the world and snack however with paying out of pocket it may be worth eating at quick service places this time. Electric umbrella is standard fare and not one of the more exciting places to eat so this hasn't made the list.

-La cantina de san angel seems an interesting place to try. Mexican food and there are plenty of options to choose from. I have eaten at San Angel Inn before so I'm assuming this is the quick service equivalent to that? I’ve added it to our list as its something different for us to try.

-Lotus blossom is somewhere I'm really keen to try. We went to the nine dragons in September and loved it. This restaurant reminds me off Yak and yeti and theres a few choices and a great value. This is a must do and I'm very excited to try here.

-Regal eagle is the new BBQ place in Epcot. Wow the food does look good in here. Slightly more expensive in here so I'm hoping to see reports that the portions you get are big. This is a must do!

-Sunshine seasons is one of the quick services I hear people always mention in Epcot. Im undecided on this one purely because there are a few places in Epcot I really want to try. I will put it on our list but whether we get the chance to eat here will be another story.

-Tangerine cafe is a place I hear mentioned quite a bit too. Another must do for me. Its something different and the prices seem fair. We wont be spending as much time in Epcot this trip so I doubt we will get to try all of these but we will see how we get on.

And finally magic kingdom

-Be our guest
-Caseys corner
-Columbia harbour house
-Cosmic rays
-Pecos bills
-Sleepy hollow
-Golden oak outpost
-Pinocchios village

-Be our guest is somewhere I've eaten a few times. Unfortunately without the dining plan its just not somewhere I can justify eating. Its very over priced and the portion sizes aren't huge. This hasn't made the list this time.

-Casey's corner also really doesn't appeal to me. Im not a fan of hotdogs and I think there are much better places to try so again this one wont be making the list.

-Columbia harbour house I quite enjoy. I have eaten here a few times though so although I've put it on the list I'm hoping to try other places first.

-Cosmic rays I have also eaten before. Not the best quick service in Magic kingdom although my mum seemed to enjoy it. It also hasn't made this years must eat list.

-Pecos bills is one I'm very excited about. I always hear people mentioning it and it seems like they have a good menu. This is a must do for me!

-Sleepy hollow, Golden oak outpost an Pinocchios village are all places I want to try. I know these aren't full meals but there are snacks from each place I really want. The golden oak outpost have chilli cheese waffle fries that very excited for. Sleepy hollow I really want one of the waffles whether it be the chicken one or the fruit one and Pinocchio seems to have a good variety so again I've added it to the list.

So to round up here is a list of the quick service meals we would like to try this year:

-Harambe Market
-Saut'll canteen
-Yak and Yeti
-ABC Commissary
-Fairfax Fare
-Woody's Lunch box
-La Cantina De San Angel
-Lotus Blossom
-Regal Eagle
-Sunshine Seasons
-Tangerine cafe
-Columbia Harbour House
-Pescos Bills
-Sleepy Hollow
-Golden Oak Outpost
-Pinocchios Village

Sorry for such a lost post and this is just quick service around the parks. The table service wont be quite so long I promise. If anyone can see I've missed anything or theres somewhere you really think we should try please let me know.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I love how you've justified each eaterie, such a fab idea. I think you've got a great list there and those you can't make you can do next time 😉 looking forward to seeing the offsite places too xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

A great meals update. We were thinking of trying the burgers and sundaes meal at restaurantosaurus. It should be great value for a QS credit but I'm not sure what the value would be like OOP.

The choice at HS really is poor. We found that abc commisiary was fine when we were there last but nothing special.

You've chosen some great places at Epcot. The only one on your list we've eaten at is sunshine seasons but we really like it there because there's lots to choose from.

I agree that BOG is not great value OOP but we do enjoy going there with dining credits.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your TS meals and your offsite meals.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Love the list ...have been wanting to do something similar but have lost the momentum with planning and my pre trip lol..I think the pressure of this months CC bill has really made me question this years trip lol..Hopefully I will find the spark to put the effort in lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I love how you've justified each eaterie, such a fab idea. I think you've got a great list there and those you can't make you can do next time 😉 looking forward to seeing the offsite places too xx
I was hoping it would help me pick new places and not keep trying the same quick services restaurants. Maybe not as important as trying new table service places but this trip is defiantly about trying different food. I'm working on the offsite eats, im currently half way through the menus xx

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
A great meals update. We were thinking of trying the burgers and sundaes meal at restaurantosaurus. It should be great value for a QS credit but I'm not sure what the value would be like OOP.

The choice at HS really is poor. We found that abc commisiary was fine when we were there last but nothing special.

You've chosen some great places at Epcot. The only one on your list we've eaten at is sunshine seasons but we really like it there because there's lots to choose from.

I agree that BOG is not great value OOP but we do enjoy going there with dining credits.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your TS meals and your offsite meals.
Thank you Interesting to know about ABC commissary. Its not a must do so may hold off on this one. We will be eating offsite so we have lots of offsite eats to try too!

I think with Epcot because theres so many places to eat and you can eat around the world people tend to skip the quick service so I'm excited to try some of these.

I'm working on the offsite eats at the moment! i have a list of 51 places I've either found or been recommended so i'm currently looking through all the menus Hopefully i an get it finished this week!

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Love the list ...have been wanting to do something similar but have lost the momentum with planning and my pre trip lol..I think the pressure of this months CC bill has really made me question this years trip lol..Hopefully I will find the spark to put the effort in lol
I must admit it took some push to get it done as there are a lot to go through! It feels good to have sorted through all the quick services places though as i feel like i'm a little closer. The table service at Disney is going to be a big task as i just cant decided. I hope you find a spark you'll feel better once you start the planning! good luck
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I've stole the idea for my updated snack list hope you don't mind, I think it's a fab idea. Yay I can't wait to see what makes it to the list. We've seen so many new ones on vlogs recently that I think we need to have another look, there's just so many to choose from isn't there xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I've stole the idea for my updated snack list hope you don't mind, I think it's a fab idea. Yay I can't wait to see what makes it to the list. We've seen so many new ones on vlogs recently that I think we need to have another look, there's just so many to choose from isn't there xx
No of course not! Haha I realised after doing it people may not care why I’m picking each quick service place but it helped me and at least one person enjoyed it 😂 there’s too many I started table service planning did all the parks then realised I’d miss all table service restaurants at the hotels duh so back to the planning again! On the plus side I’ve only got 10 more menus to go through for offsite then I can post my list yay!
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
No of course not! Haha I realised after doing it people may not care why I’m picking each quick service place but it helped me and at least one person enjoyed it 😂 there’s too many I started table service planning did all the parks then realised I’d miss all table service restaurants at the hotels duh so back to the planning again! On the plus side I’ve only got 10 more menus to go through for offsite then I can post my list yay!
You really don't realise just how many there are, but at least the end is in sight, I can't wait to see what you've choosen x
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love all your reasons behind why some restaurants are must do and some aren't.

I love the food at flame tree BBQ but I'm not a lover of the birds! In fact I have a bit of bird phobia. I have to make sure I only look at the table and the food on it and not look around at all. One time a couple of years ago after we left my family told me there was a bird right behind me that was about 6 inches from my butt while we were eating, apparently it stayed there the whole time. I guess it was hoping someone would drop something. Anyway, I didn't know about it and so I enjoyed the meal. They didn't tell me on purpose as they knew I'd freak out and 'cause a scene' I was definitely better off not knowing!

Anyway onto your list! I've not eaten at Pizzafari at AK before either, but as there are so many great choices there I kind of leave the pizza and burger places off the list. You're right the QS at Yak and Yeti is fab. I'm thinking this year though we might try the burgers and sundaes at restaurantasuarus as we haven't eaten there since 2016.

ABC do the QS but where they bring it to your table, you order at the podium and get given a buzzer thing a bit like the one at Blaze, but actually it's not a buzzer it's for the cast member to bring you your food, so maybe more like D Luxe burger. Anyway, we've had the ribs and chicken there, personally I prefer this at flametree, it's an almost identical meal but the sauce on the ribs is a bit too much at ABC and is a bit sickly for me, whereas at flametree it's a dry BBQ flavour which I prefer.

At Epcot we've done the Lotus blossom, it's ok, lots of people rave about it though so don't just take my opinion. The means an QS we love though, might be something to do with the margaritas they sell though! Plus we love the Tangierine cafe, this is a must do every trip for us. Even fussy McFussy Pants Max likes this one!

You're right that BOG is not worth paying for much better value with the dining plan. Pecos Bill has the toppings bar which is fab for extra salads. Please get the chilli cheese waffle fries from Golden Oak Outpost as they are the best savoury snack we've ever had. Certainly it's enough for a meal.

I'm really hungry now reading though all these yummy options!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love all your reasons behind why some restaurants are must do and some aren't.

I love the food at flame tree BBQ but I'm not a lover of the birds! In fact I have a bit of bird phobia. I have to make sure I only look at the table and the food on it and not look around at all. One time a couple of years ago after we left my family told me there was a bird right behind me that was about 6 inches from my butt while we were eating, apparently it stayed there the whole time. I guess it was hoping someone would drop something. Anyway, I didn't know about it and so I enjoyed the meal. They didn't tell me on purpose as they knew I'd freak out and 'cause a scene' I was definitely better off not knowing!

Anyway onto your list! I've not eaten at Pizzafari at AK before either, but as there are so many great choices there I kind of leave the pizza and burger places off the list. You're right the QS at Yak and Yeti is fab. I'm thinking this year though we might try the burgers and sundaes at restaurantasuarus as we haven't eaten there since 2016.

ABC do the QS but where they bring it to your table, you order at the podium and get given a buzzer thing a bit like the one at Blaze, but actually it's not a buzzer it's for the cast member to bring you your food, so maybe more like D Luxe burger. Anyway, we've had the ribs and chicken there, personally I prefer this at flametree, it's an almost identical meal but the sauce on the ribs is a bit too much at ABC and is a bit sickly for me, whereas at flametree it's a dry BBQ flavour which I prefer.

At Epcot we've done the Lotus blossom, it's ok, lots of people rave about it though so don't just take my opinion. The means an QS we love though, might be something to do with the margaritas they sell though! Plus we love the Tangierine cafe, this is a must do every trip for us. Even fussy McFussy Pants Max likes this one!

You're right that BOG is not worth paying for much better value with the dining plan. Pecos Bill has the toppings bar which is fab for extra salads. Please get the chilli cheese waffle fries from Golden Oak Outpost as they are the best savoury snack we've ever had. Certainly it's enough for a meal.

I'm really hungry now reading though all these yummy options!
Hahah that’s a great story! It was probably best they didn’t tell you it was stood behind you 😂 we really don’t want people making a scene 🙈

I’m glad you like yak and yeti! It’s amazing I always think about it! It’s a must do for sure 🙈 I’d be interested to see what you feel about restaurantasuarus. I’m not sure we will end up there as we have so many offsite eats to try as well!

That’s an interesting thought on ABC. It wasn’t a must do for us, I’m wondering if it’s something we skip?

Yay I’m happy about tangerine cafe! I’m very excited to try it there! I’m hoping we like lotus blossom I've seen it on a few blogs so we will give it a try!

Oh well I will defiantly make sure the chilli cheese waffles are a must do for us now! I think they sound amazing!

I know writing down all the choices and reading the menus made me hungry 😋