Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
apple-fan
VIP Dibber

apple-fan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Adjusting a Booking?

Hey,

Looking for a bit of advice.

I am looking to book for 2021, when 'hopefully' the dining plan offer is launched. The issue I have is I that right now I would want reserve with the expectation my daughters will be on the trip. so that would be 4 adults booking.

But given their ages and the possibility things change in their lives, if after booking I wanted to remove one or both from the booking, would this be allowed or possible?

We booked our last trip through Charter Travel, previously always book directly with Disney, not sure it it would be affected by who you book through?

Any advice or experience appreciated.

Disney Old Key West - August 2013
Disney Old Key West - August 2014
Disney Old Key West - August 2015
Disney Old Key West - Sept 2016
Disney Old Key West - Oct 2017
Disney Beach & Yacht Club - Nov 2019
Port Orleans (Riverside) - Nov 2023
apple-fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don’t know through Charter but we always book through Disney. You can just book for yourself, so would be a £50 deposit, or £100 if booking for 2, and then add them at a later date, they would then get the same benefits as you I free dining etc. Saves booking all of you and then cancelling & losing money!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I booked both our rooms on one adult with tickets and later added the rest of the family, there is a 50 pound amendment fee per room direct with Disney
I would book with Disney if you are planning to change as I think much easier, I have a booking with Charter from last year that we had to move and they seem to add their bit on as well to the fees and they don't like moving bookings.

Edited at 09:40 AM.
Jaspercat10 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
apple-fan
VIP Dibber

apple-fan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Great, I will get prices from Charter and else where I think and ask them what extra they will charge to add on to the original bookings..

Disney Old Key West - August 2013
Disney Old Key West - August 2014
Disney Old Key West - August 2015
Disney Old Key West - Sept 2016
Disney Old Key West - Oct 2017
Disney Beach & Yacht Club - Nov 2019
Port Orleans (Riverside) - Nov 2023
apple-fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
ATD offer up to 2 free amendments per booking before admin charges apply.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

I am in a similar position to OP. So if I book direct with Disney in April when dining plan is released a room for 1 or 2 people with tkts, I can just add another 2 people with tkts at a later date? Do Disney charge to add them or do they only charge to cancel people off? thanks
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
I am in a similar position to OP. So if I book direct with Disney in April when dining plan is released a room for 1 or 2 people with tkts, I can just add another 2 people with tkts at a later date? Do Disney charge to add them or do they only charge to cancel people off? thanks
They charge either way now, it used to be only if your booking went down in value, but now either way, I am not sure if they charge if you are just adding the dining plan, but definitely people
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
They charge either way now, it used to be only if your booking went down in value, but now either way, I am not sure if they charge if you are just adding the dining plan, but definitely people
Ok Thanks, thats not so good then
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I invited DS’s father on our first trip, we are separated and had been for a while at this point and got on okay. Plus I would have been heartbroken if he was taking DS to Disney and I wasn’t going so felt it was the right thing to do.

Anyway he pulled out right as the balance was due to be paid. We had a 1 bed in SSR with DDP and park tickets and just had to pay £50 to remove him from the booking.
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Just had this reply from Disney...

No fees are charged to add guests, however a deposit would be required at time they are added.

Kind Regards,

Sharon
Walt Disney Travel Company International.