Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Jan 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Alamo additional drivers. Spouse now authorised.

Update from Alamo. Received an answer from Alamo
Worth checking to see if you have the new check-in email confirmation which includes additional driver.
“ Dear Alex,
Thank you for contacting Alamo regarding your request. My name is Leslie . I will be happy to help you today.

Correct, a spouse is automatically authorized to drive the rental vehicle as long as they meet the same renter requirements in place for the main renter. Please see below:

Renter’s Spouse or Domestic Partner who meet the same age and DL requirements are automatic authorized drivers
Not required to appear at the rental counter
Additional Charge – No additional cost

Other Additional Authorized Drivers
Must appear at the rental counter at the time of rental and meet age and DL requirements
Additional Charge - $10.00 per day (unless contractual conditions apply)

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. Have a wonderful day.
Hi
Just completed on line check in and two changes I’ve noticed. No longer a link to by-pass the counter but in the polices under Alamo Wayfinding Counter Bypass I get “ Thank you for choosing to bypass the counter and go directly to your car!“ and I’ve got the barcode on the email.
Also Additional drivers has changed it now states
“Renter’s spouse or domestic partner who meet the same age and driver’s license requirements of the renter are authorized drivers at no additional charge. Any additional authorized drivers must appear at time of rental and meet age and driver’s license requirements. An additional charge of $10 per day for each additional authorized driver will be added to the cost of the rental, unless other contractual conditions apply.
Alex

Edited at 10:24 AM. Reason: Update from Alamo
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Bumping with new info
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Well done, good thread. Could you maybe create a Sticky entitled Alamo and Spouse?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Thanks now going to see if I can get my November hire costs down
It’s been a right debacle with Alamo the last few days
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi
A cautonary note, with the ongoing problems with Alamo i would check the on-line check-in email that you get as there appears to be at least two versions. Last years did not include spouse as an authorised driver but this new one does along with Alamo Wayfinding Counter Bypass.
If it makes any difference my booking us with AutoEurope.
Alex
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Alamo brits is still £150 cheaper for my next booking so I’ll stick with them for now
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Well done, good thread. Could you maybe create a Sticky entitled Alamo and Spouse?
Hi MrT
Making it a stickie is sadly beyond my technical capabilities🙄. I am also wary because of the ongoing problems with Alamo at the moment and the fact that there appears to at least two different versions of the check-in email.
Alex
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

One question that will need answering :

does the spouse have to show their DL at the gate ?

the spouse might not always be present in the car upon collection

case in point : Mom gets the car and drives to the hotel, Dad rides the Magical Express with the kids and luggage because the car is only there to get around but too small for all the luggage (we see that from time to time on the Dibb)

so ... does the spouse need to show DL at some point ... as they're not shown on the contract ?
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi
Good point.
From the email I received I’m assuming, probably not a good idea😃, that if the Authorised driver does not need to appear at the gate they are automatically included in the rental agreement. I believe from reading post on here about Budget the spouse is automatically included but not showing on the agreement. Perhaps a Dibber with experience of Budget could confirm.

Alex
Old 31 Jan 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi
Dug out an old Budget rental agreement from 2007 to confirm, at least then, it specifically mentioned that the spouse was automatically authorised to drive. It will interesting to see if Alamo’s updated rental agreement includes a similar clause. I have contacted Alamo again to try and get them to clear up this point.
Alex

Edited at 07:12 PM. Reason: Grammar