Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Jan 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Le Cellier

Always fancied Le Cellier but the cost has always put me off.

We have a reservation for our Feb trip on my birthday. Is it worth the cost?
Old 29 Jan 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Whether it’s worth the cost is very subjective but having done lots of signature restaurants both on and off dining plan I don’t think I’d ever pay OOP for one again. We tend to have steak at a steakhouse and it’s very expensive at Disney. Le Cellier is also a theme park restaurant so a bit cramped and can be noisy.
If you want a steakhouse and are happy to pay the additional “Disney” cost then The Yachtsman would be a better option and just a short walk from Epcot at The Yacht Club.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Is it worth it? IMO No, like you we always wanted to try it & finally done this last year. Aside from my Poutine which I thought was very ordinary, the food was good but as a Signature I'm expecting better than good. We paid OOP so were around $200 incl a cocktail each, I can basically go to Longhorn's 4x for that. We also ate at Cali & Flying Fish, both of these were better with the latter being the best but all of them were at least $200 & they aren't that good.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I agree with the above poster that Yachtsman Steakhouse is better (probably our favourite signature), but we did really enjoy Le Cellier last year. The pretzel bread is lovely, we had the Chateaubriand to share and that was amazing too, plus the Maple Crème Brulee was probably one of the best desserts at Disney. It is a little noisy but I don't think you will regret going.

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 24
We always book an ADR at Le Cellier and will again for 2020. We are always on the DDP and I would not book it and pay out of pocket, only because Disney food is so expensive, I'd probably eat off site if we didn't have the dining plan.

However, we love walking around Epcot of an evening then going to Le Cellier, their cheddar cheese soup is divine and I have never seen it anywhere else. Their filet mignon with the risotto is fab.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We've been twice and really rate it, but it's been on the DDP. I don't think I'd pay cash for it.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think that's the thing, there is a perceived value in using DDP credits for the signatures & I suspect Disney play on this, LC's menu wasn't that much different as a 1TS credit but because they could "Getaway" with it Disney increased it to 2. We paid OOP for Cali,FF,LC & Morimoto all with bills ,excluding tips,in the $200- $240 range FF was the best but it was a £200 meal for 2 of us, no wine just a cocktail each & we shared a dessert. We ate at Johnny Hideaways, my steak was twice the size, DW fish dish was 3 different species & I also added a Giant Shrimp- that was the same size a the Morimoto lobster- & we were under $150, ok it's not Disney but actually the standard of food was the same if not better than at least 3 of the 4 Signatures.
I'm not saying don't go to LC it was good, well apart from the Poutine, it just didn't live up to my expectations
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List