VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Thanks Abby I wasn't aware of the walk up window. I'm sure these would be available from the window based on the pic 😊

I'm having a little bit of a dilema. I don't know whether to take our magic bands with us and check in online meaning we can just head straight to our room... Or we could get new magic bands but would need to queue to check in (which I'd much prefer to not do after the flight. Last time it took about 30 minutes to get checked in and everyone was exhausted. But I'm quite liking the look of the special magic bands and May order one of those... Arrghh choices. What would you guys do? Xx
Unless it's changed with the refurb, the To Go window has only ever served ice creams, sundaes and shakes. Usually 2 large scoops - either in a cone, bowl or cookies are a snack credit.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 11:23 AM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

You really should, I'm really hoping visit a resort to see the fireworks will be enough of a Disney fix for us

I honestly have no idea what to do for reveal plans. When we did it last time everything fell through a week before as we were scammed so had to rush trying to find reveal ideas and get things printed etc! I think I'll start looking when we get back from this trip.

I can't wait to see the girls faces, did you have a good trip away? X
I had my appointment with the consultant today, I'll try and keep it brief (haha who am I kidding)

So the 24 holter monitor showed that I do have the extra beats from the ventricle again. This doesn't show if they are from the same area as last time or not. In regards to the atrium, I did have 12 extra beats from the atrium but that's not enough to worry about, but it does explain why they felt different.

When I had the issues previously I was having over 10000 extra beats in a 24 hour period and they were continuous. This time I'm having around 2000 but they aren't all the time which is a good sign. He said that after the ablation it can come back for a while then disappear again, sometimes it can get worse but there's no way to tell.

He put all the options out for me which was to go straight for an ablation again, which I point blank refused. Firstly to me it's nowhere near as bad as before so doesn't warrant that awful operation as far as I'm concerned. He then mentioned putting me on the beta blockers again, but I suffered badly from the side effects last time dizziness, breathlessness and fatigue (which were also symptoms of the conditions) so it was like a double whammy! The final option was to give me a 'one-off' beta blocker. He said it can be taken as and when needed as opposed to every day like the ones I had previously. He said hopefully this will limit the side effects and also means I only need to take it when I'm bad, on days when it's not so bad I don't need to take them.

I asked about the holiday and he said I am perfectly fit to fly as my heart is structurally fine but we have a review on the 30th March to see if my symptoms have worsened or if I'm managing. If they've worsened they will get me in for the operation before holiday if they're not too bad I continue on the meds or got to the regular beta blockers to get me through the holiday if I don't want the op.

So all positive I guess, just hope it doesn't get any worse, fingers crossed x
That's such good news from the consultant - have everything crossed it will go away for you but at least you are fit to fly. Are you planning on vlogging this trip?

I'm sure it will be! I've seen on vlogs people spend lovely evenings in resorts - but whenever we are there I feel like we should maximise the park time as the tickets have cost so much and we never seem to get round to doing it! And Disney Springs - I seem to miss so much at!

Oh no how frustrating there are some awful people out there just out to rip people off I can't wait to here what you have planned for it!

It's so exciting having a reveal to do but so hard to keep it a surprise it was lovely thank you - very cold - it makes a change coming back to England and it feeling warmer but it was a lovely break away xx
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

So pleased you got positive news with regards to your health problems. Really hope you are able to manage it with the new meds.
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Unless it's changed with the refurb, the To Go window has only ever served ice creams, sundaes and shakes. Usually 2 large scoops - either in a cone, bowl or cookies are a snack credit.
That must be what I was thinking of as I didn’t realise they did main meals either. So we can still get our sundaes at Beaches and Cream without an ADR if we want to 😁
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks Abby I wasn't aware of the walk up window. I'm sure these would be available from the window based on the pic 😊

I'm having a little bit of a dilema. I don't know whether to take our magic bands with us and check in online meaning we can just head straight to our room... Or we could get new magic bands but would need to queue to check in (which I'd much prefer to not do after the flight. Last time it took about 30 minutes to get checked in and everyone was exhausted. But I'm quite liking the look of the special magic bands and May order one of those... Arrghh choices. What would you guys do? Xx
I would get the special magic bands. I'm not sure how likely it is that they'll have ones that we all want at the same time though! I think your old magic bands will still work too even if you do get new ones so the others could go off to the room as soon as you knew the number and you could wait for bands.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

I'm definitely taking at least one old magic band as it can be scanned to get on the magical express. This speeds up them finding the reservation. For you guys if you have one band then use that to get in the room and then collect your magic bands when its convenient and there isn't a queue. X

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Thanks for that Mrs BC, hope your all well x

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
That's such good news from the consultant - have everything crossed it will go away for you but at least you are fit to fly. Are you planning on vlogging this trip?

I'm sure it will be! I've seen on vlogs people spend lovely evenings in resorts - but whenever we are there I feel like we should maximise the park time as the tickets have cost so much and we never seem to get round to doing it! And Disney Springs - I seem to miss so much at!

Oh no how frustrating there are some awful people out there just out to rip people off I can't wait to here what you have planned for it!

It's so exciting having a reveal to do but so hard to keep it a surprise it was lovely thank you - very cold - it makes a change coming back to England and it feeling warmer but it was a lovely break away xx
Thank you, typically I've had quite a bad day with it today. Yes I think we will be vlogging, much better than last time hopefully, especially as Thomas really wants to be involved. In fact we're taking him and a friend to Warner Bro Studios in Watford next month for his birthday and he wants to vlog that so we'll have that too

Yeah that's what I was thinking, particularly when we aren't doing Disney in December ... decisions, decisions.

That's exactly it and I'm not sure we can keep it a secret ... Mr Grump has already nearly let slip twice The photos looked fab, particularly the snow dogs! so glad you all had a good time x

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
So pleased you got positive news with regards to your health problems. Really hope you are able to manage it with the new meds.
Thank you, me too xx

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
That must be what I was thinking of as I didn’t realise they did main meals either. So we can still get our sundaes at Beaches and Cream without an ADR if we want to 😁
I didn't know that myself either, I don't think we'll attempt the kitchen sink but we will probably share a couple of meals and desserts not long for you now, I bet your so excited! You'll have to let us know if you manage to go, would be lovely to see what it's like since the refurb. Are you all sorted now? x

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I would get the special magic bands. I'm not sure how likely it is that they'll have ones that we all want at the same time though! I think your old magic bands will still work too even if you do get new ones so the others could go off to the room as soon as you knew the number and you could wait for bands.
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm definitely taking at least one old magic band as it can be scanned to get on the magical express. This speeds up them finding the reservation. For you guys if you have one band then use that to get in the room and then collect your magic bands when its convenient and there isn't a queue. X
When I've had a look I'm not actually that keen on the ones there now, typical, so I'll leave it for now, but I think we only have about 67 days to decide. I never thought of bringing an old one just to get in the room or on the ME thank you both, I think that's what we'll do x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

We are soooooo excited! Our daughter has set herself a countdown on her tablet I was informed today. I don’t know where she got that idea from 😂 After the small matter of sorting out our fastpasses then for it all to be thrown in the air when they announced fps for Smugglers Run I’m finally sorted! With fps in hand for that ride too 😆 I will update my pre-trip with our plans at some point this week!
I’m not sure we’d fit in an ADR for Beaches and Cream, but maybe a stop for a sundae one of the days. I’ll let you know if we manage it
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Thank you, typically I've had quite a bad day with it today. Yes I think we will be vlogging, much better than last time hopefully, especially as Thomas really wants to be involved. In fact we're taking him and a friend to Warner Bro Studios in Watford next month for his birthday and he wants to vlog that so we'll have that too

Yeah that's what I was thinking, particularly when we aren't doing Disney in December ... decisions, decisions.

That's exactly it and I'm not sure we can keep it a secret ... Mr Grump has already nearly let slip twice The photos looked fab, particularly the snow dogs! so glad you all had a good time x
Ah fab will look forward to that! Bless him, it's nice when the kids want to get I involved too. My two watch vlogs with me all the time and desperately want to do ours but I'm sure I would be rubbish at it

Ah are you! That will be brillant! We went a couple of years back but think they have added more since then so will defintley be watching if you do decide to vlog it

It's so hard isnt it! Thank you! Xx
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
We are soooooo excited! Our daughter has set herself a countdown on her tablet I was informed today. I don’t know where she got that idea from 😂 After the small matter of sorting out our fastpasses then for it all to be thrown in the air when they announced fps for Smugglers Run I’m finally sorted! With fps in hand for that ride too 😆 I will update my pre-trip with our plans at some point this week!
I’m not sure we’d fit in an ADR for Beaches and Cream, but maybe a stop for a sundae one of the days. I’ll let you know if we manage it
Aww bless her, that is so cute! I think she takes after her mum OMG I can imagine, I'd have been panicking like mad I have a feeling this will be use with RoTR. I hope you manage to get there, I've heard fab things about it. Your going to have an amazing time x

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Ah fab will look forward to that! Bless him, it's nice when the kids want to get I involved too. My two watch vlogs with me all the time and desperately want to do ours but I'm sure I would be rubbish at it

Ah are you! That will be brillant! We went a couple of years back but think they have added more since then so will defintley be watching if you do decide to vlog it

It's so hard isnt it! Thank you! Xx
It is, it also means it'll take the pressure of me a bit. I hate being on camera. OMG you must do vlogs, you wouldn't be rubbish at all, I think the girls are on to a winner there. They don't need to be professional by any means, in fact it's great to even just look back on. We're loving reliving our 2018 trip ... by the time we've finished with these and our May 2019 ones we'll be on the next trip hopefully.

He can't wait, it's all he's talking about at the minute bless him. Chris and I went about 5 years ago and there's loads more now, Thomas has never been but he and his friend are both HP fans so I can't wait to see their faces. I was told if we inform them it's his birthday too they'll let him open the room of requirement xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List