Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

approved in under an hour phew
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
smithy_1985
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

We traveled to Orlando in March this year and have just re-booked for February 2020. After seeing this thread I though I would contact U.S. customs as ESTA’s are valid but have no middle names as these were approved in May 2018.

I got this response -

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

In most cases, your ESTA travel authorization will be valid for two years. You must obtain a new ESTA if you:

1. Receive a new passport, including an emergency or temporary passport;
2. The passport holder's name changes;
3. The passport holder's gender changes;
4. The passport holder's country of citizenship changes; or
5. You need to change your responses to any of the "yes" or "no" questions on the ESTA application.

Would appear we do not need new ESTA’s as they are all ready approved.
smithy_1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

apparently its after october they changed iii did mine 1st november and had done them before without middle names thats why i did mine better safe
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wooden Top View Post
They are asking for trouble expecting people to click a question mark next to what should be a very simple question. The question mark implies you need help filling it in.

A simple change of the form would stop the confusion. First name. Middle names (if any). Surname.

A lot of pointless talk over nothing anyway as it doesn't actually matter in the real world with regards to entry. It's only people on here causing others to panic unnecessarily and resubmit perfectly valid ESTA's. Each to their own.
Are you being deliberately obtuse regarding US law on an updated official US document intended to permit one to board their flight to the US? Have you seen the US reply to Gillian that states if passport and ESTA names do not match boarding may be denied? This isn't a joke, panic or scaremongering, it's written within the updated ESTA application, that one should read in it's entirety.

If you chose to ignore then fair enough, but stop advising people to ignore the updated ESTA application, on the other hand you could always email the DHS and advise you believe their recent name update is causing panic and scaremongering, see how far that gets you.
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Woody252506
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Are you being deliberately obtuse regarding US law on an updated official US document intended to permit one to board their flight to the US? Have you seen the US reply to Gillian that states if passport and ESTA names do not match boarding may be denied? This isn't a joke, panic or scaremongering, it's written within the updated ESTA application, that one should read in it's entirety.

If you chose to ignore then fair enough, but stop advising people to ignore the updated ESTA application, on the other hand you could always email the DHS and advise you believe their recent name update is causing panic and scaremongering, see how far that gets you.
On the flip side though Chris there are conflicting answers coming for the US officials as per the image below:

Woody252506 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I have said many times, if people are completing a new application they should input middle names if any, as per the guidelines.

I have also said many times that it doesn't actually matter either, because it doesn't and there is nothing you can say or do that will change this FACT. I passed through MCO yesterday, all of us with no middle names, I hope they don't find us and deport us.
So, you've repeatedly advised people to now ESTA complete names as per the official DHS name ruling, but then state it's a fact that it doesn't matter either way. Did you contact the DHS re your fact? Which do they support your professed fact or their official ruling?
Old 16 Apr 19, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
twan111111
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We did ours again, just to be safe. For the sake of $14 i’d rather be safe than sorry.
twan111111 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Yes I have advised to fill out new applications as per the guidelines. Like I said, I have also pointed out that it doesn't matter beause it's a fact that nobody has been turned away for not including a middle name. You can get yourself and others into a flap about it all as much as you want, you seem to enjoy it.
It’s a fact in as far as you know no one has been turned away. Do you have access to all entry status?

Probably no one has, but when someone gets stopped in the queue and asked further questions because they haven’t filled out their ESTA correctly, their response of “But Wooden Top from the Dibb says it doesn’t matter” won’t Way it with DHS.

BTW ChrisS has helped many people in the past in all areas on the Dibb ( inc me ). I’d take her advice anyday. In this case her advise follows the DHS regulations including some screenshots from others that show responses from DHS saying you should redo ESTA if you missed it out middle name
in error. Now that is a printed fact!
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

This will be my last comment about it whilst I get on with my life and enjoy the Florida sunshine today.
Your out there? Hey enjoy. I’d do the same as you.
Now get on with your holiday.
Discussions are for another time!
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

You choose to ignore the official response that another person got stating it doesn't matter. The issue isn't with me, the form isnt fit for purpose and leads to confusion, plus people are receiving different advice. I'm just providing facts. You can look at the CBP website and see entry refusal statistics. Good luck finding anybody that has been refused entry for no middle name. You can take whatever advice you want but I prefer facts. This will be my last comment about it whilst I get on with my life and enjoy the Florida sunshine today.
The problem with saying it doesn't matter is that up til now it may not have done. If DHS suddenly change their policy then it will matter and your advice is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

For $14 per person why gamble on any of this?
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List