Notices

Old 15 Sep 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

at the cat. I know what you mean though ... Belle did it to Thomas tonight

A few we really enjoyed were, Tony's Town Square (we did the parade package and it was fab) Raglan Road, Chef Art Smiths, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House. Chefs De France was ok for us, we didn't enjoy Mama Melrose (we did the Fantasmic package) how about BoG dinner too so you can meet the Beast?

I can't help with the signatures as there's no way we would get the kid's to behave in them never mind eat Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
at the cat. I know what you mean though ... Belle did it to Thomas tonight

A few we really enjoyed were, Tony's Town Square (we did the parade package and it was fab) Raglan Road, Chef Art Smiths, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House. Chefs De France was ok for us, we didn't enjoy Mama Melrose (we did the Fantasmic package) how about BoG dinner too so you can meet the Beast?

I can't help with the signatures as there's no way we would get the kid's to behave in them never mind eat Xx
I think it must be a universal cat owner thing hahah!
Oooh fab I’ll have a look at their menus!
I did look at BOG dinner, I’m not sold on it though to be honest. I think we'll probably do lunch there though as we really enjoyed that last time - did not enjoy breakfast!

If I’m honest we’ve been absolutely rubbish at meeting characters - I get anxious about having awkward encounters so tend to just steer clear hahaha!
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I know what you mean. We were glad to have the kids as they could deal with the characters haha. Definitely Tony's and Raglan though we loved those xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I know what you mean. We were glad to have the kids as they could deal with the characters haha. Definitely Tony's and Raglan though we loved those xx
They both look fab - I think Raglan in particular will be going on the list!

I think the characters are so so worth it for kids, it’s part of the experience! To be fair I don’t mind the non talking characters - it’s the princesses etc that terrify me haha😂

When I went yeaaaars ago we did mama Melrose and had such a bad experience that it’s put me off for life 😂xx
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We weren't too keen on Mama Melrose either. You've got a while yet before you need to decide though 😊 I'll keep an ear out for reviews for you xx
Old 16 Sep 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
*Update (ish) 15.9.19**

I am currently spending the majority of my free time trying to decide where we want to eat.

For the first time we will be on the DDP (we were on QSDP last time) and so TS is new to us.

The thing is, we like a few non-Disney restaurants and so are planning on doing a few signature restaurants.

Can anyone pleaaaase help?! I’m stuck between yachtsman, narcoossee’s and Citricos and I can’t decide where I’d rather eat. To be fair, we could eat at all three, but there doesn’t seem to be that much variance in the menus to warrant it?

So far we’ve definitely decided on eating at Le Cellier, Ohana, Jiko, Yak & Yeti. I think there’s more - however the cat is currently sat on me and my list is out of reach. So naturally, the cat doesn’t get disturbed. (Am I the only one who will get to the point of being absolutely BURSTING for a wee before even considering moving a sleeping cat from my lap?)

Anyway, please give me lots of food recommendations you lovely lot!
We’ve done Yachtsman twice and really enjoyed it. The fillet was better than the porter house (a steak to share between 2) we loved the steak and lobster at Narcoossee’s it was amazing and can’t wait to go back there next month. So I’d recommend both of them. Not tried Citrico’s I do fancy it but it always get pushed out for some reason? It’s supposed to be very good though.

I recommend Teppan Edo at Epcot that is the only restaurant we have been too the 3 times going.

Unlike yourself and Caitlinsmummy we really enjoyed Mama Melrose, the steak and cheese pasta was fab. If you are wanting to do the Fantasmic package I think MM is the best of the 3 restaurants. It’s such a shame when you have a disappointing experience. I hated Tusker House as we had a dodgy looking hair in my Dds scrambled egg and Donald missed our table so we had to go looking for him before we left as my sil was desperate to see him which was a bit awkward. But most people love TH.

We are also looking forward to trying a couple of new ones like Homecomin’, Storybook dinning and Chef de France.

Raglan Road is a great one too!
We also enjoyed ‘Ohana (been there twice so giving a miss this time) and Sanaa was nice too if you time it right to see the animals wandering around at dusk.

There’s too many to choose! 😂

Kat

Edited at 06:57 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We’ve done Yachtsman twice and really enjoyed it. The fillet was better than the porter house (a steak to share between 2) we loved the steak and lobster at Narcoossee’s it was amazing and can’t wait to go back there next month. So I’d recommend both of them. Not tried Citrico’s I do fancy it but it always get pushed out for some reason? It’s supposed to be very good though.

I recommend Teppan Edo at Epcot that is the only restaurant we have been too the 3 times going.

Unlike yourself and Caitlinsmummy we really enjoyed Mama Melrose, the steak and cheese pasta was fab. If you are wanting to do the Fantasmic package I think MM is the best of the 3 restaurants. It’s such a shame when you have a disappointing experience. I hated Tusker House as we had a dodgy looking hair in my Dds scrambled egg and Donald missed our table so we had to go looking for him before we left as my sil was desperate to see him which was a bit awkward. But most people love TH.

We are also looking forward to trying a couple of new ones like Homecomin’, Storybook dinning and Chef de France.

Raglan Road is a great one too!
We also enjoyed ‘Ohana (been there twice so giving a miss this time) and Sanaa was nice too if you time it right to see the animals wandering around at dusk.

There’s too many to choose! 😂

Kat
Oooh fab thank you - lots of recommendations! I’ll check menus out.

My sister is swaying me towards Citricos over Narcoossee’s at the minute - no other reason than she thinks citricos food looks nicer haha!

To be fair to mama Melrose - I think I just chose the wrong dish. I was 15/16 and there was a cheese on my dish that I hated, but since that experience it has been known as the ‘sick cheese place’
At the minute I’m not planning on doing a fantasmic package but if I was I would give it another go, now my palate has matured and I know which cheese to steer away from 😂!

Sanaa is on the list too - hoping with us staying at AKL we’ll be able to time it right.

There is too much choice! I don’t like having to make the decisions!
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JosieO
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Ahh this is so exciting, we get married in October 2020 and are off on our Disneymoon too! AKL looks stunning, I hope that you have an amazing wedding and honeymoon!
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by JosieO View Post
Ahh this is so exciting, we get married in October 2020 and are off on our Disneymoon too! AKL looks stunning, I hope that you have an amazing wedding and honeymoon!
How odd! I just read yours and was thinking the same haha! We were looking at beach club too! AKL won it in the end for us as my partner is animal mad.

I think we fly home just before you come out.

How are you getting on with planning? It’s all so exciting isn’t it?!
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds like it's going to be a fun trip. Your countdown is under a year now too, so not long to go!

We've eaten at Yachtsman and Narcoossee's and my preference would be Narcs. The steak at Yachtsman was yummy and the garlic with the bread service is great, but I don't think it was as good as Narcoossees. The surf and turf, lobster and steak, was delicious and the view of MK is fab. We got the boat back to MK and had our very own fireworks cruise, it was a lovely evening.

Have fun planning your trip and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List