Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

That’s great news..I’m currently trying the same...
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by americanv8 View Post
I paid £200 deposit on my Halifax CC, then £1600 through direct debit from my Lloyds current accoun. Both Halifax & Lloyds said its covered by ATOL you need to go via that route not us ..
When I lost my holiday with Monarch put claim in through ATOL. deposit with CC but Balance with direct debit , they paid out the balance , but was told have to claim deposit with Barclaycard. It was a £13,000 holiday to Lapland for 11 of us . Did get all the money in the end but took nearly 4 months.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by americanv8 View Post
I paid £200 deposit on my Halifax CC, then £1600 through direct debit from my Lloyds current accoun. Both Halifax & Lloyds said its covered by ATOL you need to go via that route not us ..
They are fobbing you off. Under section 75 Halifax have to payout the full amount, as you've paid over £100 on CC.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Looks like we are all getting different answers from Halifax. I rang yesterday and they processed a claim for me on CC. Told me I would hear back in 30 days what the next steps will be. I did try my insurance but they told me to try CC first.
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

That's amazing. We paid through direct debit with Natwest and looks at the moment like we will just have to wait for refund through Atol. Does anyone with Natwest have any positive experiences to report?
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by WifeyB View Post
Amazing news Currently on hold with first direct trying to do the same... got everything crossed!
Can I ask did you get your money back from first direct?
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Kelly1234 View Post
Can I ask did you get your money back from first direct?
Wondering the same! I've been fobbed off by First Direct saying they're waiting for further instructions from Visa. It was a flight only booking, so I've no cover elsewhere except for travel insurance - which will only pay out if all other avenues fail.
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by epickles View Post
Wondering the same! I've been fobbed off by First Direct saying they're waiting for further instructions from Visa. It was a flight only booking, so I've no cover elsewhere except for travel insurance - which will only pay out if all other avenues fail.
When we phoned on the 24/9 the lady told me that first direct would pay the money then they would get it back. When I phoned on Thursday the man said that it was with visa!
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Kelly1234 View Post
When we phoned on the 24/9 the lady told me that first direct would pay the money then they would get it back. When I phoned on Thursday the man said that it was with visa!
Mine was refunded by First Direct yesterday - now to wait for Barclaycard to pay the rest
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by epickles View Post
Mine was refunded by First Direct yesterday - now to wait for Barclaycard to pay the rest
When did you put your claim in?