Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile CAA form

When will the caa form be ready to do does anyone no?
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Apparently not until 7th October now
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh wow! I couldn't see that on the CAA website I'll look again
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Apparently not until 7th October now
Where does it say that?

The CAA still states “ ATOL Protected passengers with future bookings are entitled to a full refund for their cancelled holiday. The CAA will be launching a service to manage all refunds on Monday 30 September, once the flying operation has progressed”

Edited at 08:20 AM.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Found this...
google/amp/s/b...iness-49876407

Thomas Cook customers may have to wait as long as two months to receive a refund for holidays they have booked with the collapsed travel firm.

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said direct debit customers would be refunded within 14 days but others would have to wait up to 60 days.

The regulator said it had to refund 360,000 customers, three times larger than any previous refund programme.

The CAA said it planned to launch a new online refund system from 7 October.

The new system would provide "an electronic refund form", said the aviation regulator.

"We hope to pay refunds within 60 days of receiving a valid refund form. More information will be available on our website from 7 October."
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes it seems the CAA form won't be available to fill in for another week,I was hoping to have mine done before we go away this week.It's only £500 we're due back,I feel for those waiting on big amounts who need the refund to rebook.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah, we go December 1st and was hoping to get money back before we go. Have dipped into our holiday spending money to pay for new flights.

Rubbish really it’s now another week, but nothing compared to the Tc workers just cast aside like disregarded rubbish.
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We paid via direct debit so that’s some good news. not happy about having to wait until the 7th though.
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I paid most by DD and made a couple of one off debit card payments, does anyone know how mine will work? I was thinking 14 days for the DD payments and up to 60 for the debit card payments?
I’m so confused 😫
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

ATOL have now updated their website... DD payments will be automatically refunded, customers do not need to fill out a claim form. However if any payments were made by any other method you will need to fill out a claim form for a refund on those monies due.
Hope this makes sense!

I paid most by DD and about £300 by debit card for two separate holidays... I’m tempted not to bother trying to claim the £300 back as I would have to do two separate claims and it’s a lot of hassle for the sake of £300 after the stress of trying to sort everything else out over the last few days.