Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Oct 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

IMHO its no where as good as it was for the evening service. It sll started goi g downhill when they introduced the dining plan, especially the free version which accelerated its decline.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Your experience sounds so different to ours - I can’t believe they told you to get the desserts boxed up!

They were fabulous when we were there three weeks ago - the food was really good (not the best of the holiday but definitely signature standard), but the good service and general experience really did make it special for us.

Edited at 08:27 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post

That is very disappointing to read. We have not been on our last couple of trips but I am planning a revisit in April next year. Last time we went we thought it was excellent, definitely not rushed and I am sure it was up to us to say when we were ready for our entrée, there was no timetable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

We went on a Sunday morning on our last visit, just the two of us and really enjoyed it! Our server had 6 tables to take care of and we were seated close to the open kitchen area. I loved watching how organised the head chef and his team were and how happy and efficiently they worked together to creat such amazing sumptuous and well presented meals. The server was very considerate and only came over when we needed a fresh drink or to answer questions and took away glasses plates and cutlery whenever we were done. No fuss and not overly attentive but just about right level of interaction with us. Very professional and recommended a few things to pair. We thoroughly enjoyed it. We sat down at about 10:50 and didn’t leave until around 14:35 and yes we got the desserts to go we were so full. This restaurant doesn’t get the praise it deserves and neither do the staff. As a family who have dined there before for lunch and dinner we can say brunch was definitely our favourite experience here. We plan on going again👍
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Just left brunch now. Really enjoyed it and not rushed. We went on observation deck and took photos aswell.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

I think this shows that there are many variables when it comes to restaurants which can affect an experience, however a signature should be better at managing consistency.
Guest services never responded to my feedback about the brunch. They obviously aren’t bothered.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Leicesterlass
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Have to say that unfortunately I feel the same as the original poster. We went last year and though we loved the food and the experience this was the most rushed we felt in our whole holiday.

In hindsight we should have said something. We will definitely go back but we will make sure we're not rushed next time. Service in general was great though xx
Leicesterlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lorian45
Helping Donald

We were there on the 20th, a group of 8. Food was amazing as was the music and atmosphere. Service wasn’t so great, when we went in only 3 of the 5 adults got a drink as that’s all they had waiting. The server went to great lengths to tell us she would keep us topped up... far from the truth. We had to keep asking for a drink which started to get tedious.

We weren’t rushed at anytime but she did tell us desserts would be better boxed, but we refused 🤣

Out of the 8 one was paying out of pocket and works/worked in the industry for the last 23 years - she wanted to complain about the service but we didn’t!
lorian45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We didn’t have this experience either. We weren’t rushed at all. I wonder if it depends on timings? We went towards the end of service.
We liked it but didn’t love it.
We all really enjoyed the buffet but the entrees were very disappointing. We all left them.
Loved the musicians and had a perfectly pleasant server though but quite slack with the drinks orders.
We had a reservation the following week but decided against it.
It was nice but not worth the credits for just a buffet

Edited at 10:25 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post

I have been rushed at a number of Disney restaurants to my chagrin. But I am sure I would never be rushed at a buffet. I go up when I want, eat as quickly or slowly as I want and effectively dictate my own pace. I know there is the served entree at CGB but we ordered that when we were ready for it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List