Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Oct 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

On our way back to the apartment we stopped in Walmart to grab a few bits for the room.

We just brought some snacks, washing powder and things like that. I also found a bottle of Barefoot wine for $9.99 and look at the size of it I pay £6.50 for a standard bottle back home.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Bahama Breeze

We were going to Bahama Breeze for dinner tonight, we stopped at the one on the Vineland as this was close to our apartment.

We chose some drinks.

Mama Hoochers Flight - $10.49

This was my choice.

Mum got a Bahama Mama, Daniel and dad both chose a Pina Colada.

I loved my cocktail flight, I really like fruity cocktails. I have listed my favourite to least:
1. One Love
2. Bahama Mama
3. Goombay Smash – this was ok, but I am glad it was only small and I probably wouldn’t order it on its own as it wasn’t my kind of flavour.

For our food Daniel and I decided to share again, we shared starters and main.

Buttermilk Chicken Jibaritos - $9.79

These were delishhh, it was buttermilk fried chicken between slices of fried plantain. They were really big “sliders” though and it was perfect amount for sharing.

Beef Empanadas - $9.99

Firm favourite, my dad always orders these when he comes to Bahama Breeze.

Pineapple Shrimp - $9.99

This was on the specials menu, mum and dad were sharing a couple of different starters and they couldn’t decide what to go for. Our waiter was really helpful and friendly and he went through all the different options, he highly recommended the shrimp of the special menu so they decided to go for it.

When they came out I tried one too, and they were really good and you get a lot of shrimp so quite good value for money too.

Next up mains:

Taste of Jamaica - $20.49

Jerk chicken, pulled jerk pork, beef empanada, braised greens, sweet plantains, white rice and black beans.

We split this between the two of us, and after waiting for a second plate to be brought over I forgot to take a picture, so here is a pic from the website:

Lobster and Shrimp Linguine - $22.49

This was mums choice, the waiter even brought over an extra serving of sauce as this is how he likes his.

Mum really enjoyed the meal, but it was a massive portion of pasta and after eating a lot of it she said it started to get a “bit much”.

Beef and Chorizo Skewer - $25

Dad chose off of the specials for his main, it was a beef and chorizo skewer served with rice but dad subtitled his for fries.

This was amazing, dad loved it and I tried some of the chorizo and it was really tasty.

We were pretty full, but the key lime pie here is amazing and we couldn’t refuse. So we got 1 to share between the four of us.

Key Lime Pie - $7.79

Amazing as usual.

After we had finished our meals, we decided we would head straight to Old Town. Daniel LOVES cars, he’s a typical car guy and as it was a Saturday night there is a classic car show at Old Town so we headed here for a wonder.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Discovery Cove

Again we were up nice and early and potted about a bit before heading to Discovery Cove, we weren't doing the actual dolphin swim today, so we didn't get there as early as we normally would.

I didn’t take any food snaps in here, we kept our phone in the locker most of the day. But I managed to take a few snaps at the end of the day.

I was quite disappointed with breakfast in here this year, I remember it being better on previous visits. I don’t know if this is because we got to the park a little later than usual, but they didn’t have many options left for the food. The coffee was empty and no one was around to fill it up, and the food in general wasn’t very appealing.

Even at lunchtime, we asked for a chicken ceasar salad as this was on the menu, they told us to go further down to the salad bar and there was no chicken, we did ask someone but he said oh it should be in there?

Anywayyy, other than this the day was perfect I love Discovery Cove so much and find the day so relaxing which is nice as usually its all Go in Orlando.

We did take advantage of the free drinks and snacks around the resort!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 5 Nov 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Melting Pot

After we had finished at Discovery Cove, we went back to the apartment and chilled a bit before getting ready for the evening.

I had a reservation at the Melting Pot, I have seen a few different food reports on the Dibb and people visited the melting pot.

It’s been on my list of places to try for a while now, so I was really excited to go here. Daniel and I were going on our own this evening, to have a little celebratory date night.

We booked a table for the one on the Sand Lake Road.

The restaurant is really nice on the inside, it’s not too posh where you need to dress up loads but it’s definitely “fancier” than the normal places we eat at. They have a mixture of tables and booths for you to sit at, and each table has an induction hob on them and this is where you cook your food on.

I am not too sure how the rest of the menu is, but we ordered the set menu which includes a starter main and dessert.

To begin:

Cheese Fondue

We opted for the bacon and brie fondue, which is served with bread, fruits and vegetables.

Our served explained how it all worked to us and she mixed together the cheese and then left us to it.

We also got a bottle of Pino Grigio to share.

This was amazing, I never really eat cheese fondue back home and since starting Slimming World I don’t eat much cheese at all other than cheddar, so this was such a nice treat and it was a nice to change to take a bit longer with your starter and be left to cook for yourself.

I really enjoyed the addition of apple, I know it's quite popular with cheese but it was really yummy dipping this in.

Mains:

THE CLASSIC
Garlic Pepper Sirloin* | Shrimp* | Memphis-Style Dry Rub Pork* | Teriyaki-Marinated Sirloin* | Herb-Crusted Chicken Breast*
we both opted for the same main as it had the biggest mixture so we could try different things, Daniel isn’t a fan of shrimp so he donated this to me in exchange for more meat.

Again our waiter explained how this worked with us, and the minimum time each item should be left in the broth to cook and then she left us to it.

We chose the Coq Au Vin broth which is Burgundy Wine | Mushrooms | Scallions | Garlic
I Love garic and mushrooms, so this was a winner for us.

We both loved our mains, and at first it didn't look like this would be very filing, but after trying one of each of the items I was getting really full! Everything in here was so tasty and full of flavour.

And next up was desert, the bit I was most excited for.

I already knew which chocolate fondue I wanted before we came, and it was the chocolate smores.

CHOCOLATE S'MORES
Milk Chocolate | Marshmallow Cream | Bits of Graham Crackers | Flambéed

All the chocolate fondues are served with fresh fruit, brownie bites, rice crispy bites, marshmallows, oreos ect.

This was honestly amazing and I would go back here purely for dessert, it was all soo good. I was beginning to get really uncomfortably full, but I couldn't stop picking as I didn't want to leave any to waste.

I think our bill including the bottle of wine and tip was around $110. Which we both though was quite reasonable for the amount of food you get and the fact this included a bottle of wine.

I would highly recommend a visit to the melting pot if you want something a little more romantic and different. The food and service is great, and this is now one of my favourites.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 5 Nov 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The Melting Pot looks fab, think I might choose this place for my birthday meal next year then no one can argue that they don't fancy it

Just read through and really enjoyed your report so far
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
The Melting Pot looks fab, think I might choose this place for my birthday meal next year then no one can argue that they don't fancy it

Just read through and really enjoyed your report so far
It's really good in there, I would defo recommend for a birthday treat and you get too choose on your birthday

Thank you for reading, it gets better as it goes along. I was in such a bubble the first few days I didn't always remember to take pictures at the start!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 5 Nov 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I bet you were floating along on cloud 9 ... congratulations btw
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Cracker Barrell

Today we were heading to Busch Gardens, we stopped at Cracker Barrell on the way for some breakfast.

I had eggs in the Basket, Daniel had pancakes.

Today was a really bad picture day, my phone died as I didn’t charge it the night before and I didn’t bother using anyone else’s phones for pictures.

I did manage to take a pic of my iced coffee before the phone died on me.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 6 Nov 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Delmonico’s Steak House

This was another new try for us tonight, this is a chain restaurant but there is only one in Orlando.

My parents had visited here on their trip to Orlando in 2018, they said it was amazing and such good value for your money.

Again Daniel & I decided to share our meal, which I am glad we did as the portions really are huge, the waiter even suggested that all of 4 of us share the starter as it was a big portion but we got two portions to share between the 4 of us.

Bruschetta Pomodoro
Grilled Italian Bread brushed with Olive Oil & Garlic, topped with Provolone, Tomato & Basil.

As you can see you get three full size lengths of Ciabatta bread, the picture doesn’t really do this any justice as this was honestly the best bruschetta ever, it was really garlicky which I love IMO you can never have too much garlic, we did finish the whole portion and I even picked at mum and dads leftovers, which I later regretted because I was too full for my main lol.

We also shared a bottle of wine between the 3 of us (dad was driving).

Sliced Sirloin Steak
One pound (16 oz) of Choice or Better Sirloin with Cabernet Mushroom Sauce & Garlic Mashed Potatoes.

Both mum and dad chose this, and omg it was amazing. I tried a little taste and instantly had food envy! It was one of the nicest bits of steaks I had tried and mash potato was great, I am not sure what they do to mash in the USA, not matter what I add it at home I can never get it to taste the same
this was such a good meal.

Chicken Prosciutto
Penne Pasta, Grilled Chicken, Mushrooms, Prosciutto, Greens, Red & Green Onions w/ Asiago Cheese Sauce.

This is what Daniel and I shared, the pasta bowl/ plate was literally the size of a serving dish. It was massive, but it was so good.

We tried hard but barely made a dent in this, considering we hadn’t been eating much I think it was a bad idea for us to choose both a carb dense starter and main, but I am glad we did as it was really tasty.

The total bill came to around $140 with tax and tip.

After dinner we decided to play a round of Mini Golf, we drove to the Pirates Cove on I-Drive.

Just as we got to the 3rd hole, the heavens opened and it was chucking it down and none of us fancied getting soaking so we headed back to the front and they gave us a “rain cheque” so we could come back another day, after about 15 minutes of driving the rain cleared up .. typical.

We didn’t fancy driving back to Golf and none of us were tired, so we decided to go to Celebration.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 6 Nov 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Kilwins

We had a little drive round Celebration, gazing at all the houses. The dream retirement place

Daniel said one day we will have a retirement home here (thanks babe, wishful thinking )

After a drive around “fantasyland”.. we pulled up at the main town/ market area and had a wonder by the fountains, we alwayyys used to come here when I was kid and me and my cousins would play in the fountains for hours.

We then headed over to Kilwins, for a little bit of after dinner pudding.
I already knew what I was having.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake

This is just my favourite, all the best flavours in one combination.

Mint Choc Chip Cone

Daniel’s choice and as you can see he was quick to tuck in before I could get a snap, and he made a bold statement of “best mint chocolate ice cream I’ve ever had”.

I can’t remember exactly what we paid, but it was no more than $15.

Orlando 16 - Food Report