Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 24 Oct 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Our rest days consist of water parks or shopping - so not really "rest" days. I guess it means we get up a little later and the day is more relaxed then if we was running around the parks.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Resting is what dead people do
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We're going for it then
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Yeah water park is a rest day- your on holiday enjoy it
cameroon95 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

We had no rest days this year with a 10 night stay, and I'm planning no rest days for our 15 night stay next year. Having said that, some of our days were certainly more 'intense' than others. We had a day where we just kept going: TL first thing, followed by Epcot until about 8pm; and then we had a couple of days where we left the park early afternoon and spent late afternoon in the pool at CSR. It's all about what works for your family.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Our water park days are ‘rest’ days too. We have days where we have sightly later starts if we’re feeling a bit tired and if we’re at a park early would quite often go back for a swim or cool down in the air con for a couple of hours before heading back out later. We rarely do full opening to closing park days (except this year we did Busch gardens 10am-10pm!) so don’t feel the need for full rest days.

Edited at 08:20 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaphil
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
We are lucky enough to go for 3 weeks most Augusts and we have at least one rest day a week. Next year we're 'only' doing 2 weeks so some things have to go! I can't bear the thought of missing out parks so do you think it's practical to only have one rest day? We will do the odd later start or earlier finish, so it won't be full on rope drop-to-close every day. Also we're going at Easter this time, so the weather won't be as oppressive... please say it will be fine
What's a rest day?
floridaphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

We did 2 weeks last year - no rest days!
The nearest we got to a rest day was a day at the baseball followed by animal kingdom in the evening!
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Rest mornings or afternoons/evenings never a full day- I also count a water park as a rest day- On our next trip i have two pool mornings near the end do let us recoup but after that we're off to the parks until fireworks
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Myself and the children had no rest days in our 10 night stay as we want to be constantly on the go. I did however allow the wife one day which consisted of purchasing a cabana at Aquatica and letting her read her book for a few hours whilst me and the lads went off and played! Yes I know... I'm such a nice husband🤨
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List