Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 20 Oct 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
CocoJack
New Poster (4)

First time - May 2020 12 nights - is this okay?

Hi all - will be our first time at WDW in May. We're staying 12 nights at Fort Wildnerness Cabins - me, DH and DD (7). I've created a rough itinerary and know things might change when I book the ADRs - but does this look okay?

We're planning to do parks in the morning then a rest and return to park in the evening. My biggest concern is that we'll be too tired in the evenings but let me know what you think... Thank you!

Day 1 (16th May): Arrive PM - check-in, early night
Day 2: MK (AM), Carriage Ride at Fort Wilderness (PM)
Day 3: MK (AM) Campfire/film at Fort Wilderness (PM)
Day 4: Animal Kingdom (AM) Tusker House + Rivers of Light (PM)
Day 5: Rest (AM) MK (Evening for fireworks)
Day 6: Hollywood Studios (AM) Hollywood & Vine + Fantasmic (PM)
Day 7: Epcot (AM) Hoop Dee Doo (PM)
Day 8: Water Park (AM) Disney Springs (PM)
Day 9: Rest - Rose & Crown + Illuminations (PM)
Day 10: Hollywood Studios (AM) Disney Movie Magic/Star Wars Fireworks (PM)
Day 11: Magic Kingdom (Happily Every After/Once Upon a Time - PM)
Day 12: TBC/Revisit favourites
Day 13: Disney Springs (AM) - Fly Home (PM)
CocoJack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

If you think it’ll suit your family, go with. Everyone here will have different ideas, and rightly so, we all like different things.

It’s great to have a plan, we had a plan last year and it really helped to maximize out time. Don’t expect to get everything done, WDW is a big place and you’d need many weeks/months to do it all.

Just go with the flow and enjoy yourselves.

Oh, and illuminations is no more (unfortunately) so you’ll be watching Epcot Forever as it’s unlikely Harmonious will have started in May.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CocoJack View Post
Hi all - will be our first time at WDW in May. We're staying 12 nights at Fort Wildnerness Cabins - me, DH and DD (7). I've created a rough itinerary and know things might change when I book the ADRs - but does this look okay?

We're planning to do parks in the morning then a rest and return to park in the evening. My biggest concern is that we'll be too tired in the evenings but let me know what you think... Thank you!

Day 1 (16th May): Arrive PM - check-in, early night
Day 2: MK (AM), Carriage Ride at Fort Wilderness (PM)
Day 3: MK (AM) Campfire/film at Fort Wilderness (PM)
Day 4: Animal Kingdom (AM) Tusker House + Rivers of Light (PM)
Day 5: Rest (AM) MK (Evening for fireworks)
Day 6: Hollywood Studios (AM) Hollywood & Vine + Fantasmic (PM)
Day 7: Epcot (AM) Hoop Dee Doo (PM)
Day 8: Water Park (AM) Disney Springs (PM)
Day 9: Rest - Rose & Crown + Illuminations (PM)
Day 10: Hollywood Studios (AM) Disney Movie Magic/Star Wars Fireworks (PM)
Day 11: Magic Kingdom (Happily Every After/Once Upon a Time - PM)
Day 12: TBC/Revisit favourites
Day 13: Disney Springs (AM) - Fly Home (PM)
Your plan looks great. Just a couple of things really:
a) You have rivers of lights scheduled for day 4, but for us this would have been a little too early in the trip to stay for an evening show. Early on in our visit we made the most of the jet lag with early starts (rope drops) and early nights. Ours was a slightly shorter stay (10 nights onsite) with a slightly older girl (9 years old at the time) and I think day 6 was the first night when we stayed late enough at the parks for an evening show. We ended up doing just 2 of the 4 evening shows; we stayed at AK late enough to watch rivers of light one evening but just decided to head back after spending the evening in Pandora.

b) You have 2 rest days scheduled. You may well want to rest, but you should probably have a plan just in case you decide to hit the parks after all. I scheduled FP+ for every days of our trip and we never did have a full rest day. Some days were more intense than others, but we surprised ourselves how we kept going day after the day. I think it was only on our very last day that we were really getting tired, and that was a lot to do with the heat.

We loved our first visit so much, we are going back next year. Don't expect to do it 'all' and be flexible with your plans. For me the planning was (and is) part of the fun. I also involved my daughter in the planning: we watched videos on youtube, made lists of things we wanted to do/see/eat etc, and lots of shopping ahead of our trip (minnie ears, clothing, bags etc.).

Edited at 11:15 PM.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

The first few days will be hard for evening activities. It's most likely you'll be up between 3am and 6am in the first few days whilst your body clock adjusts.

Our first day I was up from 3.15am, everyone else at 5am. Kid's were exhausted by 5pm (10pm at home) On our second day we did manage to do ROL at 8pm but the kids all crashed on the bus back to the resort. It was probably our hardest day. I would try and do all the fireworks and evening entertainment towards the end of the holiday xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post

I think it looks fine other than the days with evening shows where you are also planning to be in the same park that morning. That is a long time in one park, I would either go to a different park in the morning, or take the morning off and head in in the afternoon.

I would not make any assumptions about what time you wake up, we both wake up and get up at normal times (normal Orlando times) from day one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it looks great! It honestly depends how you feel as a family everyone says they can’t do night shows at the start of their holiday but we do from the second night we are there! Like others have said have back up plans on your rest days as you may find you don’t want to rest at all! We don’t have any rest days when we go! Also only 1 morning at AK? Personally this is my favourite park with the shows and animals I usually spend at least 2/3 visits here!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List