Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Nov 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Day 8 - Friday 8th November 2019 - Market Street Cafe, Taco Bell & Outback Steakhouse

We were spending the morning having a wander around Celebration, but before we set off around the lakes we had breakfast at the Market Street Cafe. We haven’t eaten here since it had its renovation, as we had a couple of poor meals previous to that. We thought we would give it another try as we heard the menu had changed since it had reopened. As always, we ordered coffee to drink - it was very nice, one of the best coffees we’ve had.

Neil ordered the Ham and Cheese Omelet - honey ham and white American cheese. It was a good size portion and tasty too. It came with hash browns.

I had The American - 2 eggs, choice of bacon, sausage or ham and a choice of home fries, hash browns or grits and your choice of toast. I chose the ham, hash brown and English muffin as my options. It was all very nice, the muffin was lovely and warm and the ham had a slightly smoked taste. We both really enjoyed our meals here and would happily return. Total $26.89 plus tip.

We took our time walking around Celebration and it was lunchtime as we approached home so we decided to have a snack from Taco Bell for lunch as it’s another place we always drive past but have never eaten in. We went to the one at Cagan Crossings, just across from the villa development. We ordered the Grande Nachos Box to share - This came in a shredded beef or shredded chicken option - we chose the chicken. The nachos were loaded with chicken and cheese and there were dips around the sides of the box - salsa, guacamole and ranch. I think there was maybe a fourth one in the last corner, but honestly can’t remember. Our meal came with a drink included, which Neil chose as Pepsi. I ordered a separate small drink which was meant to be regular Pepsi, but I accidentally poured myself Cherry Pepsi from the soda machine which I didn’t love. Neither of us really enjoyed the nachos, it was so messy to eat and we didn’t like the flavour too much. It might just have been that particular Taco Bell, but some of the clientele looked a bit dubious and we felt quite uncomfortable. Just not for us and I doubt we'll visit a Taco Bell again. Total $5.35.

The plan was to have dinner at Texas Roadhouse tonight, and we headed out about 6pm. When we arrived there the carpark was so busy, and there was a queue of people out of the door, probably because of Friday night football, so we decided to move on and go to Outback Steakhouse at Formosa Gardens instead. Outback is another place that we haven’t been to in many years, I think our last visit here was in 2010 or maybe 2012 - a long time ago anyway. We just didn’t rate it against Longhorn then, it wasn’t that we hated it or anything. It was a bit quieter here and we got parked up and seated straight away. We debated having a starter, and I really fancied trying the baked potato soup but in the end we went straight to mains after ordering our drinks. Neil was driving tonight, so he had Coke and I had a cocktail - Ruby Mango Lemonade - Spiked country style lemonade with Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka, mango and topped with club soda. This was really nice, very citrusy tasting.

Our server soon brought out their honey wheat bread. We’d forgotten how good this is, it’s really delicious and we polished it off.

For our mains, Neil had the 12oz sirloin with fries and mac & cheese. The steak was beautifully cooked and very tasty. The rub they use is a bit spicier than the Longhorn one, but very good. Dare I say it, better than Longhorn. The mac & cheese had a nice tangyness to it like it had the steak rub through it, or maybe a bit of chilli. It was also very good.

I had the 6oz sirloin with loaded mash and broccoli. Again, my steak was really nice and the loaded mash was creamy and topped with bacon and cheese. I tried some of Neil's mac & cheese as well, and it was lovely. This was an excellent meal, we loved the spicy rub on the steaks and it was very much up there with Longhorns as a great steakhouse, maybe even slightly better - and definitely cheaper. Total $47.80 plus tip.

We finished our day with some more of our villa snacks - crisps, nuts, sweets washed down with wine for Neil and a Seagrams for me.

Total food spend today $80.04.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Loved Culver's when we went and Outback looks lovely too, not been for years.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Loved Culver's when we went and Outback looks lovely too, not been for years.
We would definitely go back to Culvers, it was a nice burger. We were surprised by how good Outback was, we will absolutely be back there. I'd recommend you give it a try again if you get the chance.

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Day 9 - Saturday 9th November 2019 - Denny’s, Perkins & Bamboo Wok

We set off this morning with no idea where we wanted to eat, but we were heading to the I-drive premium outlets for the day so we eventually stopped at the Denny’s near Seaworld. The car park was busy, but we found a spot around the back of the building. We’ve visited this particular Denny’s before, but it has had a refurb since we last came here and was looking good and clean despite being absolutely heaving with people. We had a bit of a wait, around 20 minutes until we were called to a nice booth in the window. No menu pics, as we’ve visited Denny’s before on this trip and I posted menu pics then. Of course we had coffee to drink first and then we made our choices. Still loving the slogans on the Denny’s coffee cups.

The service was a little slow, but not too bad considering how busy it was. Neil chose the same breakfast as he had on our last Denny’s visit, the Double Berry Banana Pancake Breakfast with bacon as his meat choice. The cooked breakfast also comes with 2 eggs and hash brown. This was a great choice as always.

I chose something slightly different from last time, going with the Choconana Pancake Breakfast - Ghirardelli chocolate chips cooked inside buttermilk pancakes. Topped with bananas, more Ghirardelli chocolate chips and whipped cream. These pancake breakfasts also come with a cooked breakfast of two eggs, hash browns plus two bacon strips or two sausage links. I chose the sausage links. The chocolate pancakes were so delicious. I’ve always loved the same breakfast Neil had, with the blueberry pancakes, but for me the chocolate pancakes just blew them out of the water, I absolutely loved them. My favourite breakfast of the holiday.

I forgot to take a pic of the receipt, but it came to around $24. I had a coupon for $5 off, so paid $19.47 plus tip in the end.

After our shopping trip, Neil fancied trying Pumpkin Pie as it is such a big thing in America this time of year. On our way home we stopped at Perkins, the same one that we had been to a few days ago for breakfast, near the new Walmart. The place was empty, we were the only customers in, so if you’re looking for a quiet place to eat, Perkins in the middle of the afternoon is a good option! Of course, Neil had the Pumpkin Pie - that’s what he was here for after all. I had Chocolate Silk Pie, and we both had coffee. Neil really liked the Pumpkin Pie and would have it again. I tried a bit and I liked it as well. I found my chocolate pie far too sweet and only managed to eat about half of it. It tasted nice, and someone with a sweeter tooth than me would probably love it, but it was just too much for me. The coffee was good though, and I enjoyed a few cups of that. Total $9.23 plus tip.

We weren’t too hungry at tea time after having our pie in the afternoon, so we decided to pop along to one of our favourite take-aways, Bamboo Wok at Berry Town Center. As always, it was busy in here, there are always loads of British people in there and tonight was no exception. We waited around 25 minutes for our meal to be ready after ordering, but we didn’t mind as it's all made fresh. Neil had Chicken with Black Bean Sauce which came with rice. I had Chicken Chow Mein. I always think Chinese food looks terrible in pictures, but it was good as we expected it to be from here and we enjoyed a more relaxed evening. Total $12.52.

Total food spend today $41.22.

Old 24 Nov 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Day 10 - Sunday 10th November 2019 - IHOP & Logans Roadhouse

We were up and about early today despite our only plan being to lie by the pool all day. We went out for breakfast first before settling down and our restaurant of choice this morning was IHOP at Berry Town Center. We arrived at 9am and it was already busy and we were given a buzzer while we waited outside. We waited about 20 minutes before our buzzer went off and we were seated. Some menu pics…

Anyone want to guess what we had to drink this morning? Well done, it was coffee! We just love the coffee here in America so much.

Neil had the 2 x 2 x 2 breakfast - Two eggs your way, 2 bacon strips or 2 pork sausage links & 2 buttermilk pancakes. He chose bacon as his meat, and upgraded the plain pancakes which come with this breakfast to include banana and strawberry. He asked the server if he could have the pancakes on a separate plate, but she misunderstood and brought the strawberries and bananas in individual dishes.

I had the Split Decision Breakfast - Two eggs your way, 2 bacon strips, 2 pork sausage links, 2 triangles of French toast and 2 buttermilk pancakes. Yes, it’s a huge amount of food, yes, I’m a piggy, and yes, I ate it all. It was very nice indeed. Total $27.13 plus tip.

We spent the day by the pool, and consumed some more of our villa snacks.

Later in the afternoon, we got ready to go out for dinner. Our pick for tonight was Logan’s Roadhouse - a new place for us that we haven’t tried before. The closest one was a bit of a drive away, a good distance along the US192 from our villa community at High Grove. I was driving tonight, and I managed it fine and we were in and seated around 5pm.

Before we went, I knew about the peanuts on the table and that it’s fine to throw the shells on the floor, but we just felt so uncomfortable making a mess like that! People around us were chucking shells all over the place.

We ordered a Coke each to drink, and Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara sauce to start. These were very tasty and it was a good sauce. We were then brought out these really nice soft and hot rolls. It was a sweet bread, and they were absolutely delicious.

Neil had The Logan - Our signature USDA choice 12oz sirloin, which comes with 2 sides. He chose fries and 3 cheese mac & cheese. The steaks here were not as highly flavoured as the ones at Longhorn and Outback, but were nevertheless very nice being well cooked and tender. Neil liked the mac & cheese here better than the one at Outback. It was a smaller portion, but very cheesy rather than creamy.

I went with the Top Sirloin - Tender and juicy, this USDA choice sirloin is sure to please. Again, it comes with 2 sides and I chose mashed potato and the vegetable skewer. I was offered gravy with my mash but I’m not keen on the white gravy they tend to serve here, but our server said they had brown gravy as well so I had that. It was good, quite meaty tasting and added a nice flavour to the mash. The vegetable skewer was a nice change from broccoli.

While eating dinner, Neil had noticed a sign for Michelob Ultra, one of his favourite beers so he ordered one as dessert. The server had it on offer as a 22oz for happy hour, so he had that. Look how pleased he is…

We had a 20% off coupon for here, which our server deducted after being reminded (we had told him when we ordered), making this a very good value meal at $41.22 plus tip.

Total food spend today $68.35.

Edited at 06:34 PM.
Old 24 Nov 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great couple of days. The breakfasts looked fab at both Dennys and IHOP. Yummy pancakes!

I'm not sure I'd have been able to just throw the peanut shells on the floor either. Lovely photo Neil with his huge glass of beer.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Day 11 - Monday 11th November 2019 - Teak Neighborhood Grill & Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen

After a shaky start, this turned out to be one of the best days of our holiday. Last night, Neil had found out that there was to be a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral this morning and we had made a spur of the moment decision to go and see it as it has been a dream of Neil’s to see a launch since he was a little boy. We had done a quick bit of research last night and decided that Titusville would be a good place for us to watch the launch from. We set off early and needed to fuel up the car, so we were going to get snacks from Wawa again for breakfast, as we had done on our Clearwater day. However, they didn’t have any of their hot breakfast rolls in today, maybe it was too early. While Neil put the fuel in, I grabbed 2 coffees and 2 donuts so we could get going. I chose the Boston Cream donut that Neil had last time for myself, while he had a chocolate sprinkles donut. There aren’t any photos, as we had a bit of a disaster when Neil picked up his coffee in the car and it turns out that I hadn’t put the lid on properly. It spilled everywhere, on the car console, the seats, Neil’s t-shirt and shorts. Unfortunately, we didn’t have time for him to go home and change so we just mopped up as best we could with tissues that I had in my bag. Not a great start, and then we got lost but that’s another story. Our coffees and donuts cost around $5.

Eventually we arrived in Titusville and got parked up easily along a grass verge where other cars were parked too. Luckily, we were across from a gas station so I popped over to grab us some food if they had any. They had similar hot filled rolls to Wawa, so I got a bacon, egg and cheese muffin for Neil and a sausage, egg and cheese croissant for me, which took the edge off of our hunger. Sorry, no pics of these either - Neil was chatting to a man from Cincinnati when I got back with them so it would have been weird to take a pic. Total $5.55.

Seeing the rocket launch was fab, a real highlight, but this is a food report so I won’t go into it here. On our way home, we popped quickly to the premium outlets at the top of I-Drive to pick up something I’d wanted to buy the other day which put us not too far from Teak Neighborhood Grill & Bar. I’d wanted to eat here for ages after seeing it on other reports and this seemed as good an opportunity as any so we set the SatNav and arrived there in around 10 minutes. It's in a really nice, residential area.

We were a bit surprised when we walked in, as it was quite dimly lit and well, a bar. Despite the name of the place, we were expecting a restaurant. There were tables in a large courtyard at the rear of the building and it was a nice day so we sat outside. The burger menu is extensive and it took us a while to decide. We had a Pepsi each to drink while we were browsing the menu.

Neil eventually decided on the Kobe Burger - 8oz of certified American Wagyu beef topped with Swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms and onions, herb mayo, and spring mix on a brioche bun. He asked for no mushrooms, and subbed the swiss cheese for cheddar. His side was onion rings, and they were MASSIVE. He had been a bit sceptical about coming here on the recommendation from a report I’d read, but he wasn’t disappointed - the burger was really good and very filling, and the onion rings were excellent.

I had The Drunken Monk - 8oz of beef, house-made Angry Orchard onion jam, roasted cherry tomatoes, smoked bacon, herb mayo, provolone cheese, melted white cheddar cheese and Teak chips on a pretzel bun. I suspected this would be huge, so chose salad as my side. This was so difficult to eat, I had to dissect it quite a bit, but each part was so good. We would definitely come back here.

The only slight disappointment here was the suggested tips on the bottom of the bill. Now, of course we know we have to tip, and that’s fine but every other bill we’ve had has had suggested amounts of 15%, 18% and 20% but the suggested tips on this bill were 20%, 22% and 25% which seems excessive. Especially the 25%, that’s a full quarter of the bill. We left what we normally do. Total 37.28 plus tip.

After spending the afternoon by our pool, we headed out for tea at Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen. This was another new place for us, in fact, we think it’s a whole new restaurant on the US192 as we don’t remember seeing it last year, and it’s not a brand we had heard of before.

When we went in, it wasn’t very busy and we were brought to a table immediately. We ordered drinks while we looked at the menu. Coke for Neil, and Maui Margarita for me - Half strawberry, half mango, accented with kiwi and a shot of DeKuyper Cactus Juice. This was very large, very tasty and very frozen… it gave me brainfreeze more than once.

Even though we had a coupon for a free starter of tortilla chips, we decided to skip this and go straight to mains as after our large lunch we weren’t that hungry. We were brought out croissants with honey butter, but neither of us like honey so we didn’t eat them. I tried a bit of the honey butter to see if it wasn’t too strong we might manage to eat them, but it was horrible (in my opinion as a honey hater!). We told our server, thinking he might bring us plain croissants without the honey butter but he didn’t.

Neil had the Grilled Chicken Alfredo - Grilled chicken, penne pasta, broccoli, carrots and homemade Alfredo sauce. Served with toasted garlic bread. This was nice enough, but not amazing, and it was a bit strange to see the garlic bread looking like a regular piece of toast.

I had the Better than Mom’s Meatloaf - Two thick slices of tender meatloaf baked with a tomato glaze served over a bed of mashed potatoes with a bourbon glaze on the side. I chose carrots as my side. The meatloaf was really nice, with the tomato glaze giving it a slightly sweet flavour.

The food here was good and we wouldn’t rule out a return visit, but we wouldn’t rush back either. The service wasn’t great but it could have just been our server. He was very young, seemed nervous and spoke very low and fast so we couldn’t hear or understand what he was saying. Even when we asked him to repeat he didn’t make himself any clearer. We think he was trying to joke with us, but it just wasn’t working so it felt a little awkward. Total $36.30 plus tip.

When we were finished at Cheddar’s, we walked next door to Krispy Kreme to get some doughnuts to take home. We got a box of 6, made up of 2 x Dutch Apple Pie, strawberry sprinkles, jam-filled, chocolate cake and chocolate glaze. Total $7.74.

Total food spend today $91.87.

Edited at 06:35 PM.
Old 24 Nov 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

2 more of our favourite restaurants visited. It's incredible how quiet Perkins can be at this location.
Logan's is our favourite steakhouse and we've never been disappointed in almost 20 years visiting.
If you go back I'd recommend the potato skins as a starter...delicious.
Even better with 20% off

Edited at 07:00 PM.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Catching up .. so expect a few posts
Oh that lasagne on pre travel day sounds a bit gruesome!
Loving the sound of the lounge pass .. and the plane food looked ok
Miami is huge and a faff isn’t it.. you feel like you’ve walked halfway to Orlando 🤦
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Denny’s, Walmart and Longhorns all one day one Lynda. You are living it up without the girls !
Polite Pig looks curious and Brussel sprouts. No just wrong 😱
The Amorettes goodies looked lovely and the chicken dinner at home .. always a winner.

Bob Evans looks just amazing. Always delicious and reliable. Unlike Applebee’s. What a shame the service was a let down. We’ve dropped it off our list the last couple of trips.

Oh my word Kekes waffles look fabulous. I’m drooling!
Good to see Chilis was better ( and lol at the pic of the girls ), the fajitas looked fab. Did you take leftovers to go ?

Edited at 07:47 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List