Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

Wife's 50th whilst at Disney - suggestions please

We are at WDW beginning of August (this will be our 4th visit) and this coincides with my wife turning 50.
Me and the kids would like to do something special on the actual day and am wondering if people can suggest something that she will remember.
We are on the DDP and cost is not too much of an issue for this if we have to pay OOP.
We have eaten at most of the Disney restaurants (including Cinderella's Table when the kids were younger!).
Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated!
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Dinner at California Grill, you can watch the fireworks from the viewing platform (the food is fantastic too) and you could pre order a birthday cake.
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

So if I were turning 50 in Florida I would love to do something like this:

disneyworld/events...vening-safari/

or this:

disneyworld/dining...on-at-the-top/

Edited at 03:23 PM.
supermumof3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

Discovery Cove. I've also read that you can hire a boat to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from the lake.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ocaz
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Dinner at California Grill, you can watch the fireworks from the viewing platform (the food is fantastic too) and you could pre order a birthday cake.
We did this for our 10th wedding anniversary - made a reservation around time of fireworks (well that our meal would take us up to around that time) and specifically requested a window seat.

Was a lovely evening as they pipe in the music and as Tinkermom says food was amazing as well.
ocaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian they do a special option for children too which is really well thought out.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gp1602
Getting Excited

I would agree with others and go to The California Grill. Fabulous food and you can tell them in advance and they will make it extra special. Have a wonderful time
Gp1602 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What does your wife like? There are so many choices. I’d choose the Sum of all Thrills Tour followed by 3 FPP at the fourth park not included in the tour and finished with a fireworks boat viewing with wine. I love the rides though and this is my favourite tour at Disney.
Old 14 Jan 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you all so much for the suggestions - lots of things to consider!
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It does all depend on what you want to spend, if money is no object and want something special try Victoria and Albert truly a dining experience.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List