Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsgirl81
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Disneyland hotel for NYE

Hi, we are looking at booking Disneyland hotel for this coming new year (30th to 2nd).
We haven’t been to dlp for 6 years or so. So not clued up.
We have stayed previously at this hotel, but like I say, sometime ago.
Is is very busy the parks at this time? Is it an extra ticketed event for New Year’s Eve? Does the park hit capacity? If staying in hotel for New Year’s Eve is the bar busy? Is it hard to get dining reservations at this time of year?
We are a family of 4. A 9 year old and on New Year’s Eve it’s my daughters 13th birthday.
Any nice recommendations of what to extra for her birthday when there?
Just looking for a guide as to how mad or not it will be at this time of year from others that have previously done this.
Thank you.
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

It will be a very busy time of year, although probably not at capacity. The New Year's Eve party in the main park requires an extra ticket, but you don't have to go to the party, they have plenty of extra stuff in the studios and village including fireworks. We did the party a few years ago and it was mental, we couldn't move at all when we tried to see the castle for the midnight fireworks. We also went a few years ago before they did the party and it was still crazy busy, people were sitting/napping on the floor all over the main studio building.

You will need to make reservations well in advance. The restaurants will have special meals that are not included in the meal plan and cost a lot more than usual.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsgirl81

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
It will be a very busy time of year, although probably not at capacity. The New Year's Eve party in the main park requires an extra ticket, but you don't have to go to the party, they have plenty of extra stuff in the studios and village including fireworks. We did the party a few years ago and it was mental, we couldn't move at all when we tried to see the castle for the midnight fireworks. We also went a few years ago before they did the party and it was still crazy busy, people were sitting/napping on the floor all over the main studio building.

You will need to make reservations well in advance. The restaurants will have special meals that are not included in the meal plan and cost a lot more than usual.

Thank you for reply. I didn’t even think that our meal plan might not be valid then for meals at this time of year. Is this just for New Year’s Eve and for some restaurants or across the board? Have you seen anything online that gives you a guide to what’s included and not. Or is it just a case of directly getting in touch to check?
Thank you.
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

I'm not 100% about the meal plan, but I think it is most of the more expensive restaurants. It's just NYE, not the other days. You might be okay at the standard restaurants. It's probably worth checking directly with Disney.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsgirl81

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
I'm not 100% about the meal plan, but I think it is most of the more expensive restaurants. It's just NYE, not the other days. You might be okay at the standard restaurants. It's probably worth checking directly with Disney.

Thank you, I will check it out. We aren’t foodies, or into fancy restaurants. My kids would be pleased with rainforest cafe! 😊
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We were there over new year this year, although stayed at Villages Nature.
The Xmas/new year period is very busy but dibb guide actually shows NYE itself a bit quieter than the other days. We went to parks 3 days, each time got there for opening, grabbed fastpasses, and the first few hours weren’t too bad. By lunchtime it was crazy busy so we just did shows and parades in afternoon.
On NYE there is extra paid ticket for main park but studios is open until after midnight with fireworks included in normal tickets and also fireworks over the lake.
On NYE We went to main park for opening time. My kids are 13 and 10 and they were struggling to stay up for the fireworks at 10pm on other nights so what was great about NYE is that the normal main park fireworks were on at 6pm then park closed at 6.30 for ticket event. That was enough for us and we headed back to Villages nature and watched their midnight fireworks from our lodge.
I know from the Facebook pages I was on that the meal plan wasn’t included Xmas eve or New Year’s Eve in the evenings but I’m pretty sure you could use it for lunch on those days. The queues for all the restaurants in the village as we left on NYE were ridiculous. Glad we were heading away.
We did have a fantastic time but if you just turned up hoping for a magical time and aren’t clued up on the way to “do” Disney it would be a nightmare. EMH / Fastpasses / prioritising the right rides save the day.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsgirl81

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
We were there over new year this year, although stayed at Villages Nature.
The Xmas/new year period is very busy but dibb guide actually shows NYE itself a bit quieter than the other days. We went to parks 3 days, each time got there for opening, grabbed fastpasses, and the first few hours weren’t too bad. By lunchtime it was crazy busy so we just did shows and parades in afternoon.
On NYE there is extra paid ticket for main park but studios is open until after midnight with fireworks included in normal tickets and also fireworks over the lake.
On NYE We went to main park for opening time. My kids are 13 and 10 and they were struggling to stay up for the fireworks at 10pm on other nights so what was great about NYE is that the normal main park fireworks were on at 6pm then park closed at 6.30 for ticket event. That was enough for us and we headed back to Villages nature and watched their midnight fireworks from our lodge.
I know from the Facebook pages I was on that the meal plan wasn’t included Xmas eve or New Year’s Eve in the evenings but I’m pretty sure you could use it for lunch on those days. The queues for all the restaurants in the village as we left on NYE were ridiculous. Glad we were heading away.
We did have a fantastic time but if you just turned up hoping for a magical time and aren’t clued up on the way to “do” Disney it would be a nightmare. EMH / Fastpasses / prioritising the right rides save the day.

Thank you, that was so helpful. Really fancy doing this. But dh is going back and forward. I need to try convince him! 🤣 We always like time go away at new year but it’s quiet uk breaks we always do at a lodge. Which he likes.
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We spent a full week at villages nature, did 3 park days, a day trip to Paris and 2 days at VN, great pool and just chilling in the lodge. Could be a compromise?
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsgirl81

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
We spent a full week at villages nature, did 3 park days, a day trip to Paris and 2 days at VN, great pool and just chilling in the lodge. Could be a compromise?
Thanks, will go and have a look.
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

just a note for disneyland hotel. The prices are more expensive during "dining plan offer" now for the DLH because the "free" half board is now "free" full board. We are looking at going back at christmas but are waiting for offers to change.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List