Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Flight prices, feel like giving up

Hi

I honestly feel like giving up on our trip in September. I booked a week at CSR with free dining when it went on sale last April. Was so excited to do it for the first time and then planned to do a week in a villa, so best of both worlds.

Flight prices from Manchester are crazy, doesn't make it better that we decided that its PE or nothing as we had such a bad flight on our last trip. I expected to get something between 700-800 but they are no where near that. Lowest I saw was 950, and they are currently around well over 1k.. have been for ages... maybe even 1333 at the minute on the VA site.

We don't want to go indirect, and even then the PE prices aren't that great.

Feeling a bit fed up with only VA as an option, or Tui but we wanted to the dme at mco.

hoping maybe Easter sales on flight prices?

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

We usually fly from Manchester, but when booking our flights, they were half the price to fly from Gatwick.

Maybe look from there?
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I am keeping an eye on the london prices, but nothing dramatic happening with them atm. We live 10 mins from Manchester Airport so would really prefer that tbh.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Can’t you fly to another airport or leave from another airport if the prices are a lot better, just a thought!
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

I don’t think a sale is going to help unless something happens to the route and some more competition comes along.

In the meantime, being realistic, I think you need to consider other options such as economy, flying form London or accepting the increase in prices.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

hmm yea I know. Will keep checking and the other airports.

Old 22 Jan 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I feel the same. We are looking at LGW to MCO or LHR to MIA and the fares are ridiculous. I have set up fare alerts for both routes and over 3 separate departure dates and just have everything crossed.
Good luck!
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsgiggs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Know the feeling we finally pulled the trigger on virgin pe from Manchester paid 900each via net flights last night leaving 26 August till 10th September, noticed going later was a lot more so decided to go earlier as cheaper. Can you bring holiday forward by a week or so.
mrsgiggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We got Disney hotel booked for August and not stressing yet, still time for flights to drop a bit. We’re happy to go indirect though.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Manchester has really took a hit, which is a shame for Northerners leaving them with sky high prices or the hassle of indirect.

It's crazy when you can go direct LGW to MCO in September for 330 quid plus baggage with BA (around 800 for PE by the looks of it, but not worth it at all at this price difference).

I imagine the MAN flights will come down at some point between now and then but how much who knows. MAN direct has always been a premium over London prices but now it's even worse.
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List