Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Jan 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Alamo Max

Hi,

Just to check. With Alamo Max, is the vehicle that you see in the booking screen the vehicle that you get, or is it the next one up? i.e. if you book an intermediate SUV, do you get a standard SUV, or is it the vehicle you get as the upgrade from the class below?

Already have a Hertz booking, but the extra driver / free tank of fuel makes this an interesting option. I like the thought of picking the car rather than getting allocated a vehicle.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

You get the next one up from the vehicle shown on the booking screen. For example I’ve booked a standard car, it shows standard car on booking but then states upgrade so will be upgraded to full size.

Not sure about the free tank of fuel and additional driver? This isn’t stated on mine and I thought that offer had finished?

I’ve booked through Autoeurope.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Duh_Prez
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnmcmaster View Post
Hi,

Just to check. With Alamo Max, is the vehicle that you see in the booking screen the vehicle that you get, or is it the next one up? i.e. if you book an intermediate SUV, do you get a standard SUV, or is it the vehicle you get as the upgrade from the class below?

Already have a Hertz booking, but the extra driver / free tank of fuel makes this an interesting option. I like the thought of picking the car rather than getting allocated a vehicle.
Hi I’ve booked an Intermediate SUV with the fuel and extra drive option with Max.
I have printed the voucher with the barcode and on this it states that the vehicle is a Standard SUV.
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Update: booked Alamo Max intermediate SUV with free tank of fuel and three drivers via Topcashback link (same price as my membership login) for £58 more than my original Hertz booking of a standard SUV from Hertz / Costco travel. 6.75% cash back means free tank of fuel is £26. Cost neutral and get to skip the counter and pick own car the decider. Checked on Costco and original booking had jumped by £35.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Duh_Prez
Apprentice Imagineer

Nice👍
Well done
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
You get the next one up from the vehicle shown on the booking screen. For example I’ve booked a standard car, it shows standard car on booking but then states upgrade so will be upgraded to full size.

Not sure about the free tank of fuel and additional driver? This isn’t stated on mine and I thought that offer had finished?

I’ve booked through Autoeurope.
Not sure if you’re able to cancel and rebook but you would get a full size with an intermediate to standard upgrade, there isn’t even a standard row at MCO we’ve always been sent to the full size row when we’ve booked standard 😊

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for posting this question John 😊 I was looking for exactly this as we’ve just booked an economy alamo max for October

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Just checking this on auto-europa. Full Size SUV is the same price with and without MAX.

What car would I book (and an obviously cheaper price) that would get upgraded under Max to a Full Size SUV?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Just checking this on auto-europa. Full Size SUV is the same price with and without MAX.

What car would I book (and an obviously cheaper price) that would get upgraded under Max to a Full Size SUV?
Sad to say nothing. Max may appear alongside each category of car but it stops at Intermediate be that a Saloon or an SUV
The Max upgrade takes you a step higher so a full size Saloon or a Standard SUV

Nothing gets you to a Full size SUV

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Sad to say nothing. Max may appear alongside each category of car but it stops at Intermediate be that a Saloon or an SUV
The Max upgrade takes you a step higher so a full size Saloon or a Standard SUV

Nothing gets you to a Full size SUV
Thanks MrTM. I thought that might be the answer.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List