Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Jan 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I have just checked and with Alamo's current 10% off and free driver it is the same price as Britts offer so I have cancelled the Brits booking and gone direct. For us a major reason for using alamo was picking the car and skipping the counter and I didn't want to risk it.
I have just had a look at the 10% off plus free driver and it only gives pay on arrival as a payment option - I am trying to find a pay in advance if I can.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The 10% and free driver for our November trip is still £200 more than Brits I’ll stand at the desk if need be prices and the site seem just stupid at the minute
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I have 2 alamo rentals coming up. 1 with ebookers and one with Brits.

I'm getting the dreaded red business account message up on both. Tried 3 different browsers.

I'm wondering if their website is broken. Filled all my details in. Then added extra driver, when it went back to the page with my details half the dates were missing.

Filled them in again then did add fuel service and when the page refreshed the dates were missing again grrrr.

I can get Budget for JAX £40 cheaper. If I can't skip the counter I'll just cancel Alamo.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I can't cancel my Boston hire for the summer as the current price is £1100 more than I paid.

I don't fancy lining up at Alamo at BOS that's for sure.

Edited at 05:35 PM.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm guessing that once checked in that car hire can not be amended. I'm not going til May so don't want to try it if I can't cancel.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
I'm guessing that once checked in that car hire can not be amended. I'm not going til May so don't want to try it if I can't cancel.
It depends who you've booked with.

With Andy at DFCH, for instance, you can cancel and rebook without penalty. Lots of other UK brokers do the same but I've only got recent experience of Andy.

Even if you've done OLCI with your current booking you just ditch it and do it again with a new booking number.

Mick
Old 27 Jan 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Have you all tried Auto Europe with TopCashback at 6.75%? Got my new Alamo booking through them on Saturday with extra driver and tank of fuel through Alamo Max. Intermediate SUV upgraded to standard, supposedly FOC... and managed to do OLCI and STC.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
benvo
Excited about Disney

Still not having it for me. No change in price so not like I can even cancel and rebook elsewhere at this point.

Tried customer services earlier today and they was useless, kept saying you can’t do it anyway when prepaid but think they was confusing skip the counter and online check in (I know we sometimes have to use a bypass. )
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lady J
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Customer services are useless! I was looking forward to checking in and skipping the line this year because I’ve ordered a convertible as a birthday surprise for my son and didn’t want him to find out until we got to the garage 😞
2013 Going for our 20th wedding anniversary
Lady J is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

I have tried different website links to check in for the Alamo Brits booking, including the one that worked for the DFCH check in. The booking reference is correctly recognised, I have tried with the additional driver and with just the lead driver to add the additional driver later. In all cases I am getting the dreaded

I don't want to rebook as the price has gone up over £300 will keep trying, if anyone has the same problem and it decides to allow check in, or any other suggestions please let me know
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lady J
Earning My Ears

This was the email I received and because I booked with a debit card and the name on the card is mine not my husband and son it looks like I can't do online check in

In order for a reservation to be eligible for "Skip the Counter," it must meet these requirements:

• Reservation must be at a rental location that offers “Skip the Counter” Check a location for eligibility.

• Reservation must not exceed 30 days.

• Reservation must made at least 24 hours in advance.

• Reservation cannot include certain add-ons that need to be added to vehicle (i.e. mobility devices, etc.).

• Reservation cannot be prepaid or direct billed to a 3rd party (i.e. Voucher, Business Account, etc.).

• Renter must use a major credit card to secure rental (debit cards do not qualify).

• The name on the reservation must match the name on the credit card.

• Additional local deposit requirements may apply.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. Have a wonderful day!
2013 Going for our 20th wedding anniversary
Lady J is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List